< /br>< /br>< /br>

holy priest tier

holy priest tier

Postby Samsius » 16 Sep 2013, 16:27

Its been awhile since i've posted here, but i'm trying to decide if its worth it to drop the old 2set for the new 4set for holy priest. I find the 2set with PoM to be very strong and i'm not sure i like the new 4set or how well its going to perform. How about you guys any thoughts?
Samsius

Re: holy priest tier

Postby Callu » 17 Sep 2013, 05:17

I'm not concerned with getting the T16 4 set bonus for holy - though spi/mast tier pieces do appeal! I'd certainly like the T16 2 set bonus.

Unsure about when to break the T15 2 set bonus. Will experiment when the opportunity comes.
<OLD> Sylvanas-EU
Callu

Postby Samsius » 17 Sep 2013, 17:48

Yes i'm really excited about all the mastery on the tier since mastery is usually one of my top heals. But i know that PoM is one of my top heals as well and i'm not sure how much of that is from the 2set. The 4set really doesn't seem too awesome given how long the duration is on sanctuary you cant move it around enough for some fights but i can see how it would be useful for some of them. Guess we have to wait and see till someone crunches the numbers
Samsius

Postby derevka » 18 Sep 2013, 04:15

It's easy. Use Adinne's calculator run it with and without the set bonuses and add/subtract the stats lost/gained from the higher iLvl. I'll try to do it this afternoon when I get home from my business trip.

That is assuming, and I think he did, include a toggle for set bonuses.
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Postby Samsius » 18 Sep 2013, 14:55

Ive never used this calculator before but ill check it out and mess around with it! Let me know if you ever get a chance to plug it in. I got the tier chest last night but it replaced my one not tier piece so i still have my old 4set for now.

Just quickly messing around with it, losing my current 2set brings my PoM from 367,385 to 306,834 hps. But Gaining my new 4set would bring my Sanctuary from 324,362 to 1,021,739! Assuming people were stacked and stood inside Sanct thats a huge upgrade from just a basic glance. Not to Mention all the Mastery you get from the gear. There are a lot of variables though and i'm not a math person so someone else can do a much better job than me. Till then i think i'm going to go for the 4set for now and try it out.
Samsius

Postby Callu » 19 Sep 2013, 01:01

hmm... just bear in mind Adinne's HealCalc will give theoretical maximums based on the full 5 bounces, while the strength of the T15 2-set for holy is all about how many times PoM actually bounces (I can probably estimate this by comparing averages for PoM in logs with the numbers in HealCalc, my problem is trying to find a few minutes to do this!).
<OLD> Sylvanas-EU
Callu

Postby derevka » 19 Sep 2013, 03:01

More importantly, the Calc gives Sanctuary quite the overstatement-- perfect world, etc. That, however, is also said for POM... I think you're best calculating it IGNORING the 4pc, and looking at the stat gain vs the 2pc T15, and IGNORING the 4pc bonus.

I'll try to find time today.
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Postby derevka » 19 Sep 2013, 06:02

This is going to require a bit more work than I can do remotely at work since I am firewalled. Probably will try getting this done later this weekend.

Here is what I am planning on doing.

Creating myself a fake toon using the WoWhead tool (http://www.wowhead.com/list and reforging like I Normally do using Full T15 gear, minus 2 pieces that will be upgraded to T16 (to give the bonus) using the stat results into HealCalc.

Int, Spi, Crit, Haste, Mastery, Weapon Spellpower

T15 Assumptions
Then create two Rotations using assuming Chakra: Sanctuary.
First Rotation, assuming no DI: POH, Sanctuary (on CD), POM (on CD), COH (on CD) for a 2 min period.

Second Rotation, assuming DI, the same as above but adding an additional 4 POMs for Divine Insight.

Then I will replace 2 other T15 items on the wowhead tool to grant me a 4pc T16, and the increased stats, but lose 2pc T15. Rerun the same rotations. Key in those new stats into HealCalc... rerun the rotations.

Warnings:
Assumes Sanctuary's ticks are fully consumed for the whole duration. Assumes all POM casts, are done on CD, and each charge is eaten before the CD is complete.

Then we can run it again for different tiers of gear. In the end we can get a result. This should let us see the net impact of the set bonus and the impact of the stat increases.
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Postby derevka » 19 Sep 2013, 06:16

Storing these here, before I tweak them later.

Rotation 1:
Rotation1NoDI&Holy&time:120&12:22&3:29&15:25&35:23

Rotation 2:
Rotation2wDI&Holy&time:120&16:22&3:29&15:25&32:23

For those curious its just a 120 sec POM, Sanc, COH, POH assumption for 120 sec.

High level, you'll likely want 4pc IF you are getting Sanctuary down often and people standing in it. You can adjust the HealCalc to reduce the number of HW:Sancs per the 120 seconds. I assumed 3 (the max) if you dropped it to 1... it may be more representative of a lower uptime/cast frequency/people standing in it.

Without doing the full analysis above, it appears that so long as you are getting the equivalent of 1 cast every 120 seconds/6 people in it.... T16 4pc will still beat 2pc/2pc.
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Postby derevka » 19 Sep 2013, 06:34

Quick and dirty with some very rounded assumptions...

If you are getting the equivalent of LESS THAN ONE HW: Sanctuary every 2 minutes, then running 2pc/2pc barely wins.

Edit: of course assuming no overheal, and full consumption of all POMs
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Return to Holy & Disc Archive