< /br>< /br>< /br>

What do you guys think of the new SW: Insanity?

What do you guys think of the new SW: Insanity?

Postby Antefex » 16 Jan 2013, 14:20

Solace and Insanity (New) Discipline, Holy: You gain the Power Word: Solace ability. Shadow: When cast on a target that has three of your Shadow damage-over-time spells applied, your Mind Flay gains the insanity effect. Strike an enemy with the power of the heavens, dealing [ 1,136 + 111% of Spell Power ] Holy damage and an additional [ 7 + 3.12% of Spell Power ] Holy damage over 7 sec and restoring 1% of maximum mana. Replaces Holy Fire. Assault the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing 6,294 Shadow damage over 3 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%. Priest - LvL 45 Talent.

not sure what i think of it yet will have to log ptr to check it out.
Antefex

Re: What do you guys think of the new SW: Insanity?

Postby Uglyshade » 16 Jan 2013, 14:37

Well we need to see if its damage is actually higher then MB, but its a talent that scales well with BL, so thats a nice change. One thing we might end up doing with this talent is chaining DP with 1 orb and just completely replace MF with SWI.
Uglyshade

Postby Setenza » 16 Jan 2013, 14:41

Not sure if 6,000+ damage is the right number... but it *sounds* like an improvement over what we have now.
Setenza

Postby Drye » 16 Jan 2013, 15:04

It's a huge improvement. I'm curious if using each orb you get, as you get it to keep the buff up will be worth the GCD usage. So muh theorycrafting to be done!
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Postby Helycon » 16 Jan 2013, 15:25

It doubles the base damage your MF does. Let's hope the spellpower scaling is proper as well!

I'm curious to see what'll happen with the talent as well. As Drye mentioned, it might be worth using DP with less orbs up, changing playstyle completely, we'll have to wait and see!
Helycon

Postby Twintop » 16 Jan 2013, 15:29

Helycon wrote:It doubles the base damage your MF does. Let's hope the spellpower scaling is proper as well!

I'm curious to see what'll happen with the talent as well. As Drye mentioned, it might be worth using DP with less orbs up, changing playstyle completely, we'll have to wait and see!

Additionally we're already going to have more GCDs to spend because of how our T15 set bonuses work...GCDs that we would have been using procs or Mind Flay in anyway. I think this change will work very well with the new set bonuses.
Twintop
Assistant Administrator

Postby Woaden » 16 Jan 2013, 15:33

If this change turns out to be good I have a hard time imagining that Mindbender would find usage. FDCL for multi-target and Insanity for single.
Woaden
MVP

Postby Twintop » 16 Jan 2013, 15:39

Woaden wrote:If this change turns out to be good I have a hard time imagining that Mindbender would find usage. FDCL for multi-target and Insanity for single.

I'd probably choose FDCL in multitarget fights, MB in heavy movement/fights where mana is a concern, and S&I everywhere else.

How these will pair with the T5 abilities is very interesting. I wonder if something like:

Mind Blast + PI + 1orb DP + MFI (chained and clip'd @ MB CD) + Mind Blast + 1orb DP + MFI (chained and clip'd @ MB CD) + Mind Blast + 1orb DP + MFI + MFI + MFI

Would do enough damage to be more valuable than ToF or DI in an encounter when you knew you had 20sec of DoT uptime (with the T15 bonuses, maybe) and you knew you wouldn't have to move...
Twintop
Assistant Administrator

Postby cmxiv » 16 Jan 2013, 16:48

Dont forget that Mind Flay is a dot. It doesn't say ALL three of your dots.. Just three of your dots.
cmxiv

Postby Kaesebrezen » 16 Jan 2013, 16:54

cmxiv wrote:Dont forget that Mind Flay is a dot. It doesn't say ALL three of your dots.. Just three of your dots.
It requires VT, SW:P and DP.
Kaesebrezen

Return to Shadow Archive