< /br>< /br>< /br>

Lets talk about the optimal way to use Sw: Insanity

Lets talk about the optimal way to use Sw: Insanity

Postby Antefex » 06 Mar 2013, 07:17

Firstly, i personally feel SW: Insanity is kinda boring but with that said obviously if there turns out to be fights where that out performs FDCl and MB then i'll use it so does anybody have any insight to the following question.

Since you can get 3 x insanity out in a full duration DP, is it worth cancelling insanity if mind blast comes of cool down or if DI procs, and again if dots are about to run out would you break insanity to recast them, or is it beneficial to renew dots early, say with 8 secs+ on them to guarantee you get 3 full insanities out?

On a side note, why would you take insanity over MB on a single target fight? i might be blind but im struggling to think where SW: Insanity would out perform MB for single target or FDCL for 2+ targets. As i said i could be missing something, im sure somebody else will come along and point this out if it is indeed the case.

Nice one mateys

cheers lads
Antefex

Re: Lets talk about the optimal way to use Sw: Insanity

Postby Pleasurebeam » 06 Mar 2013, 07:48

MB is really only used when u get oom on a certain fight. The other two talents just provide more dps currently.

As far as insanity is concerned I make sure that I will be getting a full duration of insanity, meaning prep landing not having to use mind blast or recast dots. Also timing a power infusion while doing this will substantially increase your dps. Other procs permitting.
Pleasurebeam

Postby Helycon » 06 Mar 2013, 09:23

It'll get incredibly complex in an execute phase though, adding SWD into the mix.

I'm actually wondering the same. My brain tells me to get shadow orbs, as the overall uptime on MFI will increase, I'm not sure if the numbers will reflect it.
Helycon

Postby Pleasurebeam » 06 Mar 2013, 10:00

I like to think shadow orbs are priority.

Below 20%
Devouring plague 3orbs
Mb /di procs unless 3 orbs already
Sw:d I don't see 1 cast of swi > 1 hit of mb . Correct me if I'm wrong.
Level 90 talent
Keep other two dots up

Mf/swi

You have two remember that a be time you can at most gain two orbs unless di proc after mb. (Mb /sw:d first hit)
So you are now at 20% with 0 orbs and lets assume that you already have your two dots on the boss at full duration.
Mb(1orb)->swd(2)->swd->level 90 talent-> (refreshing dots if only if procs suggest to)->mf->
Mb back up now -> dp(making sure that that you have your dots at a long enough duration to do insanity and only interrupting it for sw:d and di procs) -> insanity

Now
Last edited by Pleasurebeam on 06 Mar 2013, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Pleasurebeam

Postby Drye » 06 Mar 2013, 10:09

Pre 5.2 both MB and FDCL were very close. With the shadowform buff, MB is kinda behind.
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Postby priestbeast » 06 Mar 2013, 11:30

it definitely felt kind of awkward using it last night because a lot of the fights required significant movement and/or had several adds that need to be dot'd up. i'm sure it'll be a little better once a set priority is worked out.

does anyone know if you can set gnosis to show ticks of insanity like it does for mindflay?
priestbeast

Postby Twintop » 06 Mar 2013, 11:33

priestbeast wrote:it definitely felt kind of awkward using it last night but i'm sure it'll be a little better once a set priority is worked out.

does anyone know if you can set gnosis to show ticks of insanity like it does for mindflay?

For Gnosis and CastBars you need to add it by hand right now in the LUA. I think Woaden updated his "My UI" thread with how to do it. I don't know if anyone else uses CastBars, but if they do I can post my changes to make it display.
Twintop
Assistant Administrator

Postby aica » 06 Mar 2013, 11:34

priestbeast wrote:it definitely felt kind of awkward using it last night because a lot of the fights required significant movement and/or had several adds that need to be dot'd up. i'm sure it'll be a little better once a set priority is worked out.

Yep, if you update Gnosis, there should be a new entry for Mind Flay (Insanity) in the Channeled Spells section. If there isn't, you can make your own, and just make all the settings identical to the Mind Flay settings.

For Gnosis and CastBars you need to add it by hand right now in the LUA. I think Woaden updated his "My UI" thread with how to do it. I don't know if anyone else uses CastBars, but if they do I can post my changes to make it display.
There's no need to edit the LUA. Gnosis has built-in Spell adding capabilities.
{[( )]}
aica

Postby senthiel » 06 Mar 2013, 12:52

I had some trouble with insanity on execute range as well. I often couldn't get to cast mf:i the full time because sw:death as up.
If you delay the devouring plague to recast something after the mind blast, the MB CD will be finished before de DP dot finishes and you also won't get full time on mf:i.

I'm worried about the mindbender as well. On Lei Shi I do a lot more dps using mindbender than the other talents. Probably because of the downtime? It does make it seem like the mindbender have a much greater uptime in situations like that.

I haven't done the Jin'rokh the Breaker yet but I wonder if the mindbender wouldn't be better here by the same reasoning, the buff uptimes.

===

Dot's have low priority nowadays, should I loose dots uptime just to not interrupt the mf:i streak?
Do I gain or loose dps if I only recast the sw:p 2 or 4 seconds too late for example? And If I have 3 or 3 targets, should I delay the dots refreshing as well?

Thanks,
senthiel

Postby Drye » 06 Mar 2013, 13:51

Personally, I love sw:I. I think it's just an overall great mechanic. It does tend to add a bit to the skill cap, which for me, adds a lot of fun to the game. There's a lot of extra planning that goes onto using it. Specially with how a lot of the mechanics for 5.2 bosses work.

As for the execute range it does throw a wrench into it. You will have less actual cares time per cast but overall more dmg done with sw:I because of the higher uptime on DP.
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Return to Shadow Archive