< /br>< /br>< /br>

Discipline PvP Macro's (cata edition)

Re: Discipline PvP Macro's

Postby acidsoul » 16 Dec 2011, 08:58

Ok i'm new to this site but I wanted to share some of my macros that I use that are not listed.

Disc buff
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target/combat Power Word: Fortitude, Shadow Protection, Inner Fire

Dispel Macro 1
#showtooltip Dispel Magic
/cast [target=target,modifier:shift] Dispel Magic
/cast [target=player,nomodifier] Dispel Magic

Dispel Macro 2
/cast [target=party1,modifier:shift] Dispel Magic
/cast [target=party2,nomodifier] Dispel Magic

Priest stance dance macro
/castsequence !Inner Fire, !Inner Will

/cast [target=mouseover, exists] Dispel Magic; Dispel Magic
^ I use this one for RBG'S

Mouse over dot macro
#showtooltip
/castsequence [target=mouseover, exists] Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague

Enjoy
acidsoul

Re: Discipline PvP Macro's (cata edition)

Postby adriann222 » 30 Jan 2013, 09:42

I myself love Disc PVP so any help I can get is appreciated. However, I'm confused by a few of the macros you are using

1st: Mouse-Over. Do I add this to every spell?

2nd: SW:D - Why are you canceling absorbs before you cast SW:D? Also, are you using the glyph that lets you SW:D before <10% HEALTH?

3rd: Shadowfiend - why are you spamming shadowfiend if an extra hit will dispell it, doesn't this cause accidental dispelling of your fiend..and why would you want to dispell your fiend anyway?

4th SW:D - how does SW:D help you get out of Polys?

Right now I'm only in BGs and hope to get into Arena this weekend. But my main focus is focusing my teamates and then all my DPS spells are set to target-target's-target. However, I'm totally switching my Mass Dispel so that I dont have to worry about rectiles any more!
adriann222

Postby malphas » 01 Feb 2013, 10:39

Hey, I'm new here and just wanted to share the 2 macros I use on my priest. Everything else I do manually cause I got keybinds out the wazoo.

#showtooltip Purify
/cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][target=target] Purify

^ Is my mouseover dispel macro, works like a charm when playing with Gladius too

And if you're farming for gear like I am but getting pooped on cause you're only wearing contenders, try picking up a battlemaster trinket(I got the spirit one) and the talent for Desperate Prayer and combining them for an extra boost of survivabilty...

/use Dreadful Gladiator's Emblem of Meditation
/cast Desperate Prayer

Nothing fancy but damn does it help.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
In reply to the post above me:
1- Don't mouseover every single spell or you're going to have a weird playstyle that will take a lot of getting used to. The mouseover is most useful for targeting a hp bar/nameplate without losing your current target. Thats why I think it works best on things like dispels and buffs.

2 and 4-You -need- the glyph in order for the SW:D combo to work at breaking CCs for you. The damage absorbs have to go because it will negate the damage dealing to yourself which is what gets you out of the CCs. Remember damage breaks things like Polymorph, Repentance, Blind, etc... If you can hit a SW:D right at the end of their cast, you will get out of the CC because you took damage 'during' the cc. It takes a bit of practice and Im not currently using this gimmick as I prefer the mass dispel glyph.

3-WHen he says 'dispel the shadowfiend' he doesn't mean dispel it like get rid of it, he's removing the ccs (roots, frost novas, etc) from it. We NEED that cute little guy to smack our opponents every hit he's out because it's a very important mana generator for us disc priests right now.(Especially with Mindbender talent) I'm feeling this patch its super easy to spam your mana away trying to keep your team mates up without pvp power on your weapon or gear. It's a great idea and very useful but I still prefer to hover over its nameplate and use my above mentioned mouseover dispel macro. Just a habit I guess.

Hope this helps answer your questions,
Happy priesting
malphas

Postby adriann222 » 01 Feb 2013, 13:06

Thank you that all makes perfect sense.
adriann222

Postby Ixy » 01 May 2013, 06:10

Nicely done :)
Ixy

Return to General Chat Archive