< /br>< /br>< /br>

H2P has purchased ShadowPriest.com

Re: H2P has purchased ShadowPriest.com

Postby brammer » 28 Aug 2012, 11:14

Just want to say a big thankyou.
brammer

Postby Veiled » 28 Aug 2012, 11:18

Thank you for some of the sweet things you guys have said. I woke up to a boatload of emails in my inbox and I wish I could reply to them all. Some of them made me teary eyed with stories about how they discovered shadowpriest.com and what the site meant to them.

The creator of the site even responded to my post:
nikitabanana wrote:As the founder of shadowpriest.com (long time ago back during Naxx in vanilla!), I'm saddened that it got overrun with ads/junk after (2nd?) the sale of it ;(. Although I moved on to primarily a Holy Paladin (which I am now!), I have 4 priests across the world :P. The people I initially sold to were players in a better position to run it longterm - or so I thought. Regardless, such is life.

Sad day, good luck with the new site. I hope it can provide resources to the entire priest community.

My advice to Veiled - don't ever sell your site. Don't try to monetize it. Ask for donations instead and just keep it running. Until I sold it (I had promises of how it'd be run), there were never ads. Never monetization goals. Not worth it as I learned :).

<snip>
On a positive note - shadowpriest.com was one of the main vehicles for pushing Blizzard to legitimize shadow priests in raiding. When it was started, we had only a few people posting like me, Beckon, Kalianah, etc! It moved grew quickly and the interest in melting faces became huge and Blizzard made it into a viable class in response.

Even after it's gone - remember that the site made an impact in WoW and its evolution. Not many theorycrafting sites can say they had a hand in shaping the game. Everyone who was ever involved in shadowpriest.com did. That's a big deal.

I couldn't agree more.
[personal twitter*] -- [site twitter] -- [facebook] -- [youtube]
*my tweets are my own and do not reflect H2P.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby kaydi » 28 Aug 2012, 11:35

i appreciate all of the hard work that you (and other smart people) put into this! keep up the good work!
kaydi

Postby nikitabanana » 28 Aug 2012, 11:49

I even registered on your site since it includes Holy Priests - which is one of my alts these days :P. Looks good.
nikitabanana

Postby Veiled » 28 Aug 2012, 12:01

nikitabanana wrote:I even registered on your site since it includes Holy Priests - which is one of my alts these days :P. Looks good.

<3 Welcome.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby worldboss » 28 Aug 2012, 17:20

I thought of sending you a grumpy email back since it woke me up lol! Why you spam email me lady I already knew about it! So instead of making you laugh by an email like that I want you to know Bless the Martyr will continue to back the site fully and hopefully help offset some of the cost inbolved in the purchase!
<3 your GM..
ps best not forget that glyph tonight!
Last edited by worldboss on 28 Aug 2012, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
worldboss
Banned

Postby Pentt » 28 Aug 2012, 20:22

Wow Spriest.com has 35k members. Obviously they arnt all there but I think that is a good amount for 1/33 specs in the game. Any chance we can get some of the formatting spriest.com had on the spriest section here on H2P?
Pentt, Hand of A'dal
<Phobia> (H) Area 52
Pentt

Postby Veiled » 28 Aug 2012, 20:32

Pentt wrote:Wow Spriest.com has 35k members. Obviously they arnt all there but I think that is a good amount for 1/33 specs in the game. Any chance we can get some of the formatting spriest.com had on the spriest section here on H2P?

This is a post for the suggestions forum.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby Sharindia » 29 Aug 2012, 00:41

Being a SP since WotLK, I must say I have direly missed SP.com, I remember how I've spent hours and hours debating on the "haste caps" topics, or when it came down to trinketing :D

I felt really sad when I wanted to check something up and saw that several months had passed since the last post ... quite demotivating when you have to search for an informative source anew.

I thank you for resurrecting our community! Seeing how H2P grows in numbers, I urge everyone to spare a dollar. I have contributed. I have invested in the secure and valuable well of information that H2P is going to be, and I am sure it will pay back in the foreseeable future.

Thank you Veiled :)
Sharindia

Postby Crapgeezer » 29 Aug 2012, 02:15

I've been lurking on shadowpriest.com since tbc, so this means a lot! Even though the site died out, it feels really great just to know that shadowpriest.com is back in good hands.

Also, thanks for creating H2P, keeping the best wow community more than alive!

PS. I noticed a lot of people from SP.com the last few weeks, but I don't think I've seen Azatoth? He still around? (he was one of my favorite posters on SP.com)
"My dog has no nose"
"How does he smell?"
"Awful!"
Crapgeezer

Return to News & Announcements