< /br>< /br>< /br>

Tukui + Tidy

UI and Addon discussions and suggestions.

Tukui + Tidy

Postby Sharindia » 06 Sep 2012, 12:12

So I was experimenting around, completely revamping my UI.
I like the way Tidy Plates puts your dots on the nameplates with time remaining and everything. The one thing that I don't like is how bad the target becomes for selecting. I mean, I am having trouble selecting the mob when I click on its actual body (something that I didn't have problems with using regular nameplates).
Anyways, I decided to play around with Tukui and I am liking it so far except for 2 specific features that I have no clue how to deal with.
1. I cannot get Tidy to work with Tukui. Tried everything I could, but it seems that Tukui is disabling Tidy.
2. The main target get's grayed out when a damage number pops behind it. Much similar to the way a nameplate gets grayed out when you select another (overlapping) one. See the attached files.

I would very much like to have this combat text moved a little upward so that I could see the nameplate without any problems and be able to see my dots in the nameplate.

Whoever can suggest solutions, thank you!
Attachments
123.jpg
12.jpg
Sharindia

Re: Tukui + Tidy

Postby Veiled » 06 Sep 2012, 12:58

If you want to move the positioning, you're going to have to learn to edit .lui files yourself.

As far as Tukui+Tidy plates: I use ElvUI and it comes with a nameplate option (not sure if it's available in TukUI but I'm sure it is). Disable it.
[personal twitter*] -- [site twitter] -- [facebook] -- [youtube]
*my tweets are my own and do not reflect H2P.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby Woaden » 06 Sep 2012, 16:38

You can disable Nameplates on TukUI and TP will work perfectly. Until two weeks ago I used the two of them just fine. However I have recently converted to ElvUI.
Woaden

Postby Sharindia » 06 Sep 2012, 22:51

Does ElvUI have integrated debuffs in the nameplates? If this is the case, I will gladly give up Tidy. As I said, I don't like the way how gives the nameplates. And since TukUI has some difficult adjustments (for me at least), I guess I can go to ElvUI.
Sharindia

Postby Veiled » 07 Sep 2012, 02:02

Sharindia wrote:Does ElvUI have integrated debuffs in the nameplates? If this is the case, I will gladly give up Tidy. As I said, I don't like the way how gives the nameplates. And since TukUI has some difficult adjustments (for me at least), I guess I can go to ElvUI.

I'm 90% positive that Elv told me he added that feature a long time ago but I haven't tested it myself (despite the shit he's given me over it lol).
[personal twitter*] -- [site twitter] -- [facebook] -- [youtube]
*my tweets are my own and do not reflect H2P.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby Sharindia » 07 Sep 2012, 03:19

Happy smurf is happy!

I ended up using ElvUI only. I get all that I need - Tidy+Forte+TukUI, all in 1 easy to manage ElvUI :)
Attachments
1234.jpg
Sharindia

Postby actuas » 01 Oct 2012, 07:43

Sharindia wrote:Happy smurf is happy!

I ended up using ElvUI only. I get all that I need - Tidy+Forte+TukUI, all in 1 easy to manage ElvUI :)

If you don't mind, which addons are providing your DP proc icon and castbar?

Looks good.
actuas

Postby Zych » 01 Oct 2012, 08:46

Looks like a Gnosis cast bar & Weak Auras for the DP ready.
Zych

Postby Sharindia » 02 Oct 2012, 00:54

Yes, just what Zych said. It is Weak Auras with a special string for DPx3, and Gnosis with an ElvUI skin obtained through this add-on.
Sharindia

Postby Sharindia » 08 Oct 2012, 06:50

I have some glitch happening when I multidot.
I dot up several targets, and as they stay in the distance, and move around the tank, their nameplates (naturally) move as well. I notice that from time to time, my dots disappear from the moving nameplatets, and as soon as I click the seemingly empty nameplate to recast the dots, I see them pop right back up ... Apparently, they have been there all along, ticking down, just not showing on the nameplate for me. It's not something eternally depriving, but I feel uneasy when in my mind, I calculate GCDs of spells and orders to cast them, only to realize it is in vain. Any ideas?

FYI, I am using only ElvUI.
Sharindia

Return to UI & Addons