Veiled wrote:I don't think guildox is a reliable source of information for priests.
It's... difficult to find accurate resources for Priests outside of here and a handful of great blogs. As someone who came back to this game only a few months ago after almost a two year break I can say I was saddened by the seeming lack of good information out there.
I mean Kilee was the only guide north of decent which is disheartening. Not that Kille's guide wasn't great but when I left in Wrath there were 3 or more decent Shadow guides besides mine. You had great discussions going on in multiple forums.
I'm overwhelmingly thankful that How To Priest came along because it's the perfect combination of great information, discussions, theorycrafting, advice and the general Priest community and awesomeness that's fairly unique among subsets of MMO players.
I mean as long as there continues to be an influx of 'new blood', a wide variety of subjects under discussion and a near constant challenging of our current Theorycrafting (for better or worse sometimes, lol) I'll be happy.
There can be solid discussions sometimes over at the MMO-Champ forums, but half of it comes from Mods / Senior members here and is littered with links to H2P or Twintop's blog, etc. The main page has linked to some bad resources before. I will say that they tend to bring in a larger amount of EU players than H2P does atm however I've gotten the feeling that our EU community has been steadily growing since MoP launch.
I will say that it can be fun to see people from here in the Official WoW Priest forums or MMO-Champ. Hell the WoW forums are essentially a Priest hangout where we BS while surrounded by 80% Bitch and Complain worthy threads and the other 20% a mix of new Priests and people asking the same question that's been asked 30 times already. We do get to see x-mogs over there and make fun of how silly Panda avatars look.