< /br>< /br>< /br>

Bugging Macro Plz Help :D

Bugging Macro Plz Help :D

Postby Kaloth » 31 Aug 2012, 06:38

Hi all,

I have a problem with a macro since the new patch. This macro used to work 100%, but for some reason it now only works afew time correctly (full rotation) and then completely bugs and refuses to work at all.

The macro that bug is the following:

/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/castsequence [mod:alt] Mind Spike; [nochanneling: Mind Flay] reset=target/combat/5 Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/castrandom Mind Blast

I cant see whats bugging the macro. I already tried with all addons disabled (incase it was an addon), this had no effect.

The macro doesnt bug if I remove the mind flay like this:

/castsequence [mod:alt] Mind Spike; [nochanneling: Mind Flay] reset=target/combat/5 Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain
/castrandom Mind Blast

Or if I remove the VT and/or SW:P like this:

/castsequence [mod:alt] Mind Spike; [nochanneling: Mind Flay] reset=target/combat/5 Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/castrandom Mind Blast

/castsequence [mod:alt] Mind Spike; [nochanneling: Mind Flay] reset=target/combat/5 Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/castrandom Mind Blast

/castsequence [mod:alt] Mind Spike; [nochanneling: Mind Flay] reset=target/combat/5 Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/castrandom Mind Blast

(The 3x MF is abit useless in this one but it states to me that 3x MF doesnt bug the macro.)

I suspect that the new patch isnt perfect and the problem will resolve it self with installation of MOP 25 sept. However any input and/or ideas about what this macro is bugging if welcome.
Kaloth

Re: Bugging Macro Plz Help :D

Postby Celeb » 31 Aug 2012, 16:17

I played around with your code and was able to get it working.
Two notes. First you will need Super Duper Macro.
Second Note. You need to keep pushing the button , lol. Sometime it looks like the macro is stuck but if you keep pushing it (usually once or twice) the macro resets.
Aslo, if you did not take the talent power infusion you can ran remove the last line.
I find taking the talent Devine Insight yield more DPS, in min my limited testing, Especially when you have the opportunity to DOT many mobs.

Final note, since you only want to hit your DP when you have 3 orbs you will need to manage that spell manually. Also when you get your proc for a free mind spike , you will need to hit ALT + Macro Button. If that is not your style you can have a 3rd button .

/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [mod:alt] Mind Spike; [nochanneling: Mind Flay] reset=target/combat/3 Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain,, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, 13,
/castrandom mind blast
/cast shadowfiend
/castrandom power infusion
Celeb

Postby Kaloth » 01 Sep 2012, 16:50

Thank you Celeb for your time, I will test de macro tomorrow after work. Well post again after I tested it.

I do use a manual input of devouring plague as I don't wanna miss out on 3 shadow orbs.

Only question is, what does the 13 on the end of the macro stand for?
Kaloth

Postby Celeb » 01 Sep 2012, 20:56

The 13 is for my trinket. 13th slot.
Celeb

Postby Kaloth » 02 Sep 2012, 11:53

I have tested the macro out, and it does perform better then my macro. However after some testing I found the following:

The macro is now this:

/castsequence [mod:alt] Mind Spike; reset=target/combat/3 [nochanneling: Mind Flay] Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/castrandom mind blast

The macro gets stuck from time to time (sometime after the first full rotation, other times after several full rotations) for no apparent reason.

I tested this for several hours, I tested every part seperate and combine in all possible combonations I could think of. I found that the macro doesnt get stuck on a line between the spells, but seems to get stuck between the last 2 line (/castsequens...... & /castrandom). When it gets stuck the only thing getting the macro back is the reset condion of 3. As Celeb found that after 1 or 2 clicks the macro resets, witch is the time the resets needs to kick in.

The question is: What could be the reason for this macro to get stuck between these 2 lines?

I already ruled out:
1. Out/Up to date addons.
2. Uninstalled all addons to be sure none of the addons was at fault.

P.s. Celeb thank you for your time and quick answer on my question. Also thank you for improving on my macro.
Kaloth

Postby Celeb » 02 Sep 2012, 12:21

You are welcomed. I am determine to try and make this macro work.
I am trying to see what the DPS would be using a spec that has random procs.
I have another comment on a post about a 1 button macro.
That post focus on using a talent structure with no proc and a 1 button macro. Check it out.
Celeb

Postby Kaloth » 02 Sep 2012, 12:38

I am using the following macros:

` : Fast acces as its left of my main macro on 1.

/castsequence [mod:alt] Mind Sear; Fade
/startattack [harm]

1 : My bugging main macro atm.

/castsequence [mod:alt] Mind Spike; [nochanneling: Mind Flay] reset=target/combat/3 Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
/castrandom Mind Blast

2 : The manual DP with fast DOT under the alt key. Not completely sure as my main macro also has these infront. However the SW:P is first as to the main macro, allowing me to DOT on the move if needed.

/castsequence [mod:alt] Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch; reset=target/combat Devouring Plague

3 : The SW:D quick acces button and a MF if I need to slow a target.

/castsequence [mod:alt] Shadow Word: Death; [nochanneling: Mind Flay] Mind Flay
/castrandom Mind Blast

4 : The CD button with a interrupt.

/castsequence [mod:alt] Shadowfiend; Silence

Further I am using under the E button:

/castsequence [mod:alt] Mass Dispel; Dispel Magic

I hope any of this information is usefull for you, but you can see that I have acces to all spells (except MB witch is on /castrandom).
Kaloth

Postby Aedus » 02 Sep 2012, 17:49

I thought that, if a macro had a list of cast* items, it would stop and wait if it hit one that was on cooldown. It was some time ago when that change happened.

You could put MB on your bar, remove the clear() call, and see if you are getting stuck after trying to cast an on CD MB?
~~Aedus
Blizzcon 2010 wrote:Shadow Priests have sort of been known for being those incredibly bursty casters. We want to capture that vibe, that explosion of awesome.
-Owen Landgren (Game Designer)
Aedus

Postby Kaloth » 03 Sep 2012, 05:59

I have tried you suggestion Aedus, but the macro doesnt seem to be getting stuck on MB.

I found that the macro seems to get stuck atm between SW:P & MF.

This is weird as it doesnt always, witch is confusing to me. Cause if the macro is faulty it should get stuck strait away and not after afew full rotations.

Also the macro doesnt seem to like the multiple instant procs you sometimes get from DI & FDCL talent for some reason. To me it doesnt appear to be GCD.

And thank you Aedus for you input on this matter really apriciate the help.
Kaloth

Postby Elvenbane » 14 Sep 2012, 10:06

Kaloth wrote:4 : The CD button with a interrupt.

/castsequence [mod:alt] Shadowfiend; Silence

Further I am using under the E button:

/castsequence [mod:alt] Mass Dispel; Dispel Magic

Why are you using castsequence for these? The first spell doesn't cast without alt so there's no point to making it a sequence.
Elvenbane
Donor

Return to General Chat Archive