< /br>< /br>< /br>

Spectral Guise

Spectral Guise

Postby Mikedexter » 10 Dec 2011, 17:53

Is anyone else confused by what this is? Here's a link to the Talent Calculator, if you haven't seen our new level 87 spell in MoP:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists- ... culator#Xb!

To me, it sounds like you become your shadow for 6 seconds, run around invisible, and then pop back to your "true self" when it's over.

If that is what the spell does....I don't understand its value. It doesn't mention any kind of damage immunity for the "true self". Maybe you can attack as the shadow? That doesn't sound useful either because the true self can just keep getting hit. Maybe your true self pops into the shadow after the effect, but that doesn't sound super useful either. I'm just really confused.
Mikedexter

Re: Spectral Guise

Postby Rubine » 11 Dec 2011, 02:48

I imagine it's something like a mage's invisibility, but without the dropping of combat (and a much shorter duration).

For example, you pop the CD, and your 'true self' stays where you were, and you're able to move around as the shadow. In PvP this would allow you to become invisible and run from whoever is attacking you without them knowing where you are going. Then once the CD ends (or your 'true self' gets hit 3 times) your 'true self' shows up where you ended up as a shadow.

That's kind of how I imagine it to be. It would be interesting to see what it really is, especially with it being on such a short CD!
Rubine#1472
Rubine
Donor

Postby Arlee » 11 Dec 2011, 09:37

That's pretty much the way it sounds like it will work to me too. I sort of have mixed feelings about it though. The thing that concerns me about it though is that it's the sort of thing we'd use if we are under heavy fire from someone else and I don't think it would take long enough (especially if it was a melee we are trying to get away from) for 3 direct attacks to happen.

So I think they might have re-do that part of it, or it could be less useful than they intend.
Arlee
Donor

Postby Veiled » 11 Dec 2011, 15:52

Healers in pvp may grow to love this, depending on exactly how it works.
[personal twitter*] -- [site twitter] -- [facebook] -- [youtube]
*my tweets are my own and do not reflect H2P.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby Rubine » 11 Dec 2011, 16:24

One question I have about it is whether or not you take the damage of those 3 hits. It would seem pretty silly for you to use the CD to get away from say, a melee training you, when you are just going to take the damage anyway. Especially if those 3 hits come so quickly that you aren't able to get out of range of the melee.
Rubine#1472
Rubine
Donor

Postby Arlee » 11 Dec 2011, 18:29

That a good point, it would be incredibly stupid if it worked like that ><
Arlee
Donor

Postby Mikedexter » 11 Dec 2011, 21:15

That's the thing that I was most worried about. I feel like there won't be a damage immunity since it isn't mentioned, and I don't know if any other spells imply that.
Mikedexter

Return to Blizzcon 2011 Archive