< /br>< /br>< /br>

Shadow priority list thingie.

Shadow priority list thingie.

Postby Ruhnaycake » 31 Mar 2012, 17:46

Is it just me, or by taking both the MS proc and Death proc talents, there's barely any time to mind flay?

My Shadow of Death procs are sometimes disappearing if I get a MS proc. Anyone else getting this?
Aurora || YouTube ¤~
Ruhnaycake
Donor

Re: Shadow priority list thingie.

Postby Blackmorgrim » 31 Mar 2012, 18:02

It may not be they're disappearing. I think what I've been noticing is that even though Shadow of Death has a 40% chance to proc from MB... the sound effect for the activation of the proc seems to have near 100% chance to sound.

So it may not be the proc is disappearing, but that it never really procced in the first place.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Karei » 31 Mar 2012, 18:13

Don't both spells light up?
Should be like that. Frost DK's have it that way now when both killing Machine and Rime proc at approx the same time.
Karei

Postby Kaesebrezen » 31 Mar 2012, 18:27

Blackmorgrim wrote:I think what I've been noticing is that even though Shadow of Death has a 40% chance to proc from MB...
The tooltip states it has a 40% chance, but it currently does have a 100% chance to proc.

Regardless of that, i think Glyph of Mind Spike is at fault here.

When you cast MB with one or two stacks of Mind Melt (glyph of Mind Spike), the SW:D Button will light up, but immediatly fade out.

And i think the source of that bug is basically that previously, the "Glyph of Mind Spike" buff is "Mind Melt", while the Shadow of Death buff was also called Mind Melt... So basically both "Mind Melt" get cancelled if the original Mind Melt (the glyph) is consumed
Kaesebrezen

Postby Blackmorgrim » 31 Mar 2012, 18:48

Actually, no, try casting MB, without VT even up, and you'll see that the sound effect for proc'ing Shadow of Death will almost always play, and SW:D will light up momentarily. However, the UI (The Blizz poweraura) will not light up.

Mind Melt is the glyph. (reduced cast time on MB)
Then there's Surge of Darkness. (Instant MS generated from VT ticks)
Last, there's Shadow of Death. (Proc from MB)

The confusion may be that Surge of Darkness and Shadow of Death have the same icon. Mind melt might also use the same icon, but I'll have to check.

Also be aware of Drye's post if you have the legendary, and the possibility of double procs on MS that might be messing up your buffs.

I'll double check next time I'm on. But after enough practice so far, I generally see the blizz power aura is the best thing to go by.

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Kaesebrezen » 01 Apr 2012, 04:40

Blackmorgrim wrote:Actually, no, try casting MB, without VT even up, and you'll see that the sound effect for proc'ing Shadow of Death will almost always play, and SW:D will light up momentarily. However, the UI (The Blizz poweraura) will not light up.
Then i must be doing something wrong. My SW:D always lights up (as in 100%) when i cast MB. And it always does the 4x damage when it's lightened up.

The only time where it will fade instantly again is when if used Mind Melt to cast MB, then it will lighten up, but fade away right again.

The confusion may be that Surge of Darkness and Shadow of Death have the same icon. Mind melt might also use the same icon, but I'll have to check.
Mind Melt and Shadow of Death use the same icon, Surge of Darkness doesn't.
Kaesebrezen

Postby Drye » 01 Apr 2012, 12:50

Kaesebrezen wrote:Mind Melt and Shadow of Death use the same icon, Surge of Darkness doesn't.

Wrong. The Mindspike shows up as the two sides the sw:d buff shows up on top. They are different.

E: I'll add in a picture when I get home to make it more clear.
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Postby Kaesebrezen » 01 Apr 2012, 13:46

Drye wrote:Wrong. The Mindspike shows up as the two sides the sw:d buff shows up on top. They are different.
I thought about the -icons- in your buff bar, not the power auras...

In case of Power Auras, Shadow of Death is the top proc, and Surge of Darknes are the two bars at the side, while Mind Melt has no power aura effect at all.
In case of Bufficons, Glyph of Mind Spike (which is no longer called Mind Melt for whatever reason) and Shadow of Death share the same icon.
Seems like i just didn't think of Power Aura Effects as 'Icons'.

But that still doesn't help be solve my confusion about Blackmorgrim's post about sound effects and both SoDs having the same icons.

For me it currently looks like that:
- Mindblast procs Shadow of Death with a 100% chance.
- A duplicated Mindblast also procs SoDeath 100% of the time.
- VT procs Surge of Darkness for instant Mindspike
- A duplicated SoDarkness Mindspike from DTR removes DoTs.
- The live Mind Melt was renamed to Glyph of Mind Spike
- A Mindblast cast with at least 1 stack of Glyph of Mind Spike will proc Shadow of Death, the SW:D button will lighten up shortly, the Power Aura will show shortly, and the Bufficon appears. Then when the Glyph of Mindspike buff fades (which always happens after you gain SoDeath from the MB), it will also cause to fade the SoDeath Buff.
This behaviour is probably caused by Glyph of Mind Melt and Shadow of Death both being called Mind Melt once in their lifetime.
Kaesebrezen

Postby Blackmorgrim » 01 Apr 2012, 14:00

There also might be something involving an interaction with your legendary, which I don't have.

Blackmorgrim

Postby Blackmorgrim » 01 Apr 2012, 20:02

So I was finally, able to reproduce the behavior Kaesebrezen is referring to.

Shadow of Death does indeed proc with 100% chance. Its the behavior Kaesebrezen refers to that made me think it was merely a sound effect error.

Shadow of Death and Glyph of Mind Spike have the same icon.

Cast Mindspike, doesn't matter if its with surge of darkness or normal.

Cast Mind Blast.

Shadow of Death will proc both Glyph of Mind Spike and Shadow of Death will disappear.

Blackmorgrim

Return to MoP Beta Archive