Drye wrote:Wrong. The Mindspike shows up as the two sides the sw:d buff shows up on top. They are different.
I thought about the -icons- in your buff bar, not the power auras...
In case of Power Auras, Shadow of Death is the top proc, and Surge of Darknes are the two bars at the side, while Mind Melt has no power aura effect at all.
In case of Bufficons, Glyph of Mind Spike (which is no longer called Mind Melt for whatever reason) and Shadow of Death share the same icon.
Seems like i just didn't think of Power Aura Effects as 'Icons'.
But that still doesn't help be solve my confusion about Blackmorgrim's post about sound effects and both SoDs having the same icons.
For me it currently looks like that:
- Mindblast procs Shadow of Death with a 100% chance.
- A duplicated Mindblast also procs SoDeath 100% of the time.
- VT procs Surge of Darkness for instant Mindspike
- A duplicated SoDarkness Mindspike from DTR removes DoTs.
- The live Mind Melt was renamed to Glyph of Mind Spike
- A Mindblast cast with at least 1 stack of Glyph of Mind Spike will proc Shadow of Death, the SW:D button will lighten up shortly, the Power Aura will show shortly, and the Bufficon appears. Then when the Glyph of Mindspike buff fades (which always happens after you gain SoDeath from the MB), it will also cause to fade the SoDeath Buff.
This behaviour is probably caused by Glyph of Mind Melt and Shadow of Death both being called Mind Melt once in their lifetime.