HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Healing macro problem.

Post your easy buttons!

by karix » 20 Mar 2011, 03:30

I'm having a macro conundrum... my current macro works but it doesn't quite do what I want...

What I want is for alt+macro to self heal, then mouseover of a friendly target heals, then if I am targetting an enemy I want it to heal that targets target. And if none of those are true I want it to behave normally.

At the moment I have this..

/cast [mod:alt,@player][help,nodead,@mouseover][help,nodead,@targettarget][]Flash Heal

The problem is with this one is that if I want to heal another healer.. and he's targetting a friendly.. then I will heal his target instead of him... I basically want that last condition to do this:

If target is enemy, and it's target is friendly, and not dead, then heal my targets target.

If target is friendly, then heal my target.

Any help would be appreciated :)
karix

by Star » 20 Mar 2011, 12:06

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=36 :D
Star

by Girlfriend » 28 Mar 2011, 11:49

karix wrote:
/cast [mod:alt,@player][help,nodead,@mouseover][help,nodead,@targettarget][]Flash Heal

The problem is with this one is that if I want to heal another healer.. and he's targetting a friendly.. then I will heal his target instead of him... I basically want that last condition to do this:

If target is enemy, and it's target is friendly, and not dead, then heal my targets target.

If target is friendly, then heal my target.

Any help would be appreciated :)

You have your syntax slightly off:

/cast [mod:alt,@player][@mouseover,exists,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead] Flash Heal; Flash Heal

See if that works better. Adding the Flash Heal at the end means that none of the other things are happening, so just treat it like it normally should be (ie, cast a heal on your target, rather than your target's target). There might be some other slight changes, but I'm at work now so I can't actually check it against the macros I use on my account, given that nearly every single heal I use has a similar macro. It's just been so long since I wrote them (over a year ago), that I can't remember the exact specifics off the top of my head. I will say that I also have [mod:ctrl;@focus, exists, nodead] so that control will make the same heal hit my focus (if I have the tank focused (or my 2s partner, etc). This kind of macro is absolutely the battleground or world pvp macro of healing joy.
Girlfriend

Return to Macros