< /br>< /br>< /br>

The Ultimate Mouseover Healing Macro

The Ultimate Mouseover Healing Macro

Postby Star » 08 Feb 2011, 16:55

#showtooltip Flash Heal
/use 10
/cast [nomodifier:alt,target=mouseover,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,help,nodead][nomodifier:alt,target=targettarget,nodead,help][nomodifier:alt,target=player][modifier:alt,target=player]Flash Heal

This uses my gloves for Synapse Springs and then prioritizes:

1. Alt - will heal player
2. Target with no mouseover - heals target
3. Mouseover - heals mousover

1. Unfriendly target with no mouseover - heals target of target
Last edited by Star on 10 Feb 2011, 07:32, edited 2 times in total.
Star

Re: The Ultimate Mouseover Healing Macro

Postby Captnpowpow » 10 Feb 2011, 07:26

That's a poorly written macro ;[ First off, you cannot cast Binding Heal on yourself, so an alt modifier is useless. Not only that, but that alt modifier doesn't target you, but a mouseover. The priorities are also wrong. A macro is read top to bottom, left to right. As such when you are compounding conditionals, the one with most priority is to the left while the one with least priority is to the right. As it is written, assuming you are using Flash Heal instead of Binding Heal, if you were to hold ALT, you still would not be casting it on yourself unless you did not have a mouseover target.

As a healer, you would want to prioritize mouseover over target. It should be written like this:

#showtooltip NAME OF SPELL
/use 10
/cast [mod:alt,@player][help,nodead,@mouseover][help,nodead,@target][help,nodead,@targettarget] NAME OF SPELL

It reads:
0 -Activate Gloves
1 -If I'm holding ALT, cast this spell on myself
2 - If 1 is not true, AND if the mouseover target is a friendly and not dead, cast this spell on that mouseover target
3 - If 2 (and thus, 1 as well) is not true (aka there is no mousover that is a friendly ATM), AND the target is a friendly and is not dead, cast this spell on the current target
4 - If 3 is not true, AND the target of the current target is a friendly and is not dead, cast this spell on that player. (This is for when you are targeting the boss, which should be 99% of the time when you are healing)

Replace NAME OF SPELL with the appropriate spells. In the case of Binding Heal, I suggest using an alt modifier to cast Flash Heal or use a Healthstone or Desperate Prayer.
Captnpowpow

Postby Star » 10 Feb 2011, 07:31

OK ok I picked the wrong example with Binding Heal (I just copy paste the macro part and replace with a dif spell name) - but it does work the way I described.. I use it every day. Did I write it? No. Does it work? Yes.
Star

Postby Captnpowpow » 10 Feb 2011, 12:14

Ah my apologies, I read the very 1st conditional as mod instead of nomod, so you're right, if you were to hold ALT you would be casting it on yourself. But Binding Heal is definitely not something you want to throw in as an example hehe...On a similar note though, it's good practice to write macros as concisely as possible without making things complicated so that you are able to utilize as much of the 255 characters as possible. "modifier" can be written as "mod", and the use of nomod is unnecessary when you are only dealing with 1 modifier (ALT). Better to reverse the logic and prioritize the alt first, that way everything else is assumed to not have the modifier pressed.
Captnpowpow

Postby Star » 10 Feb 2011, 13:21

Captnpowpow wrote:Ah my apologies, I read the very 1st conditional as mod instead of nomod, so you're right, if you were to hold ALT you would be casting it on yourself. But Binding Heal is definitely not something you want to throw in as an example hehe...On a similar note though, it's good practice to write macros as concisely as possible without making things complicated so that you are able to utilize as much of the 255 characters as possible. "modifier" can be written as "mod", and the use of nomod is unnecessary when you are only dealing with 1 modifier (ALT). Better to reverse the logic and prioritize the alt first, that way everything else is assumed to not have the modifier pressed.

Thanks for the help - I don't know much about macros I was just really sharing one that I found a long time ago (early TBC) and have used since. :)
Star

Postby Girlfriend » 28 Mar 2011, 11:28

Also, when writing concise macros, given the number of characters is limited, using @ instead of "target=" is a huge space saver in macros.

This is not as much an issue for my priest, but keep in mind that classes that shift stances, you can write a macro that will allow you to use one key for any stance (I'm thinking specifically of my druid: kitty stealth, kitty not stealth, bear, caster).

In the case of a priest, it would allow you to cast one spell in shadowform and another (likely a healing spell) out of shadowform.
Girlfriend

Return to General Chat Archive