< /br>< /br>< /br>

Is anyone just not going to use the tier this tier?

Is anyone just not going to use the tier this tier?

Postby ShadowSub » 22 May 2013, 21:03

The title is pretty self explanatory. I didn't see the jump in dps I expected to see with the fix of the tier, not sure I saw anything at all on certain bosses to be honest, bosses I thought I'd see the most improvement on. Even with the bonus "working as intended", if you have decent off tier pieces, I'm beginning to think that's the way to go. I lost a decent amount of haste switching to the tier, still above the breakpoint but losing any haste imo is bad. I got the Heroic Thunderforged chest off Ji-Kun tonight, that may have just sealed the deal for me...lol. I think I am going to try getting to the next haste breakpoint of 14873 for that extra tick of DP and SW:P and scrap the tier at least for now.
Props to blizz for royally screwing up this entire tier for shadow priests between the bug and the utterly horrible set bonuses.
ShadowSub

Re: Is anyone just not going to use the tier this tier?

Postby Drye » 22 May 2013, 21:55

Tier is really strong now that it works, I'm really happy with it. I';m going to be using the Bis list I posted/
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Postby butterballs » 23 May 2013, 01:06

I didn't see any notable dps increase too with the so called fix, tbh any increase must have came with upgrades.

I'm thinking about abandoning it, after all it ruins our playstyle.
butterballs

Postby Valaria » 23 May 2013, 03:50

If you didn't notice an increase in dps its because you aren't actively recasting your dots for big procs. And don't have very strong on pull procs for your dots. Basically saying that tier was always better for you than non tier even in its bugged state. Also one raid will barely tell you enough about whether or not the tier is worth it. As you probably have higher variance in your play from other sources than the tier bonuses are worth. Going from two heroic pieces to 2 thunderforged heroic pieces won't normally outdo the dps gain from 2 piece t15 on single target and won't even come close on high uptime multi target fights especially if they come with SW:D opportunities.
Valaria

Postby Drye » 23 May 2013, 10:09

butterballs wrote:I didn't see any notable dps increase too with the so called fix, tbh any increase must have came with upgrades.

Is that between using tier and non tier? Is it between using tier pre 5.3 and tier after? How are you doing your testing? Is it on a dummy/LFR/real raid? Are you logging it to see how many extensions you are getting, so you can see if the tier did anything for you?
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Postby Sheitan » 23 May 2013, 12:00

It's hard to tell how much DPS was gained by switching to the tier in raids because the sample size is nowhere near valid for a statistical comparison. It's also affected by the fact that you probably upgraded 6+ pieces of gear by 8ilvls this week. I also finally made the change to Troll, so my dps skyrocketed due to a number of factors.

I hate when it extends dots at the last second as I'm already refreshing them, but especially with 4pc and UVLS it's pretty awesome overall and definitely a DPS incrase.
Sheitan

Postby GreasedScotsman » 23 May 2013, 16:33

I'm wondering if having UVLS is the key since so much is tied to dot crits. Without the trinket, 2pc just seems too RNG and annoying. Thoughts?
GreasedScotsman
Donor

Postby ShadowSub » 23 May 2013, 18:48

GreasedScotsman wrote:I'm wondering if having UVLS is the key since so much is tied to dot crits. Without the trinket, 2pc just seems too RNG and annoying. Thoughts?

I could tell you if that stingy bastard would drop it for me! I've seen it drop once and it went to the lock in our group...QQ. The same with Megaera's trink. But I think you're right to an extent. My trinkets are less than optimal atm which is part of my problem I think. I've got Wushoolay's with a ridiculous amount of hit and the valor trink atm, yeah...that's my kind of luck...lol.
ShadowSub

Postby Woaden » 24 May 2013, 00:22

Drye wrote:Tier is really strong now that it works
Woaden

Postby butterballs » 24 May 2013, 01:00

Drye wrote:
butterballs wrote:I didn't see any notable dps increase too with the so called fix, tbh any increase must have came with upgrades.

Is that between using tier and non tier? Is it between using tier pre 5.3 and tier after? How are you doing your testing? Is it on a dummy/LFR/real raid? Are you logging it to see how many extensions you are getting, so you can see if the tier did anything for you?

It was just my impression, i didn't do any proper calculations, and i'm talking about prepatch and afterpatch 2pc difference in raid environment.

The dps gain i noticed, is about the expected from the +~4 overall ilvl from upgrades, tier didn't seem that strong to me.

I'll give it more tries, although the fact that the way it works is annoying can't change.
butterballs

Return to Theorycraft