< /br>< /br>< /br>

Holyform!

Re: Holyform!

Postby Ashleycakez » 10 Mar 2011, 10:05

And because I was dumb enough to dps not in Shadowform this week... I will probably fail at this too... /cry
Ashleycakez || <Seraphim> || Stream || Priest Healing Tips
<Seraphim> is recruiting! 10 man mature raiding
11/16H T14 & 13/13H T15 & 14/14H T16
Ashleycakez

Postby Arlee » 10 Mar 2011, 11:09

Ashleycakez wrote:And because I was dumb enough to dps not in Shadowform this week... I will probably fail at this too... /cry

Lol, aww... I have done that too ><
Arlee
Donor

Postby Ashleycakez » 10 Mar 2011, 11:14

I was so sad. I haven't had a chance to dps in ages since our H pally left and we lost 2 geared tanks. We were 3 healing to be safe.

I realized it when Omnitron was at 30% ish. "Why is my character not purple."

Thats what I get for being stubborn and not making a power aura for it /facepalm.

Whats even worse is that I beat some main spec caster dps still ...

Anyways, I think infinite Chakra states are sexy and you definitely don't have to worry about switching at the wrong time. I could start out as single target and switch to AoE when needed without any concern about when that might be (something like Chimaeron for example).
Ashleycakez

Postby Ardoris » 10 Mar 2011, 11:32

I am sad to see this change to Chakra. I actually enjoyed the fact that it required the individual to evaluate the situation and consider mechanics or events that are more tailored for the use of Chakra: Serenity or Sanctuary.
Got Lightwell?

Ardoris <Imperative>
Ardoris

Postby Ashleycakez » 10 Mar 2011, 12:01

Ardoris wrote:I am sad to see this change to Chakra. I actually enjoyed the fact that it required the individual to evaluate the situation and consider mechanics or events that are more tailored for the use of Chakra: Serenity or Sanctuary.

I think its a bit more forgiving. There have been times when I hit Chakra and accidentally hit PoM before Flash Heal or the other way around and facepalmed because I was stuck in the stance I didn't want to be in. Hopefully it will help avoid these "derp" moments.
Ashleycakez

Postby Ashleycakez » 10 Mar 2011, 12:09

Well quite often I sit in one Chakra state for a given fight. Only occasionally I find myself switching, so its a welcome change. As long as the CD is in place then you will have to think before casting your first spell.

Also I wish Renew would trigger Chakra: Sanctuary... especially if I need to reapply a state when I'm on the move and PoM is on CD :(
Ashleycakez

Postby Zoi » 10 Mar 2011, 12:42

Ashleycakez wrote:Well quite often I sit in one Chakra state for a given fight. Only occasionally I find myself switching, so its a welcome change. As long as the CD is in place then you will have to think before casting your first spell.

Also I wish Renew would trigger Chakra: Sanctuary... especially if I need to reapply a state when I'm on the move and PoM is on CD :(

for me personally I like theres still some spells you can use without triggering shakra, then again without max duration I guess it won't matter. And I guess it means perma +500 spirit in holy for even the forgetful :)
http://cdmg.guildlaunch.com
Zoi

Postby Arlee » 10 Mar 2011, 12:43

I am little confused about how this change will work. Does it mean that you activate Chakra and then whenever you cast one of the spells tied to either state you will switch state automatically?
Arlee
Donor

Postby Zoi » 10 Mar 2011, 12:48

As it looks like now the only thing that changes is duration of the shakra itself, the cooldown and activation stay the same. So to change it you'll have to wait for the cd and can't constantly switch, but once you're in a shakra you can stand blinking in Orgrimmar for hours.
http://cdmg.guildlaunch.com
Zoi

Postby Ardoris » 10 Mar 2011, 13:43

Ashleycakez wrote:
Ardoris wrote:I am sad to see this change to Chakra. I actually enjoyed the fact that it required the individual to evaluate the situation and consider mechanics or events that are more tailored for the use of Chakra: Serenity or Sanctuary.

I think its a bit more forgiving. There have been times when I hit Chakra and accidentally hit PoM before Flash Heal or the other way around and facepalmed because I was stuck in the stance I didn't want to be in. Hopefully it will help avoid these "derp" moments.

There in lies the rub. I enjoyed that aspect of Chakra. It forced you to be conscious of the situation, which spells you had available and if you made the mistake you had to deal with the consequence.

A great example was normal mode Maloriak. You had no idea what vial he would throw into the cauldron first, so you would delay activating Chakra to make sure you were not preemptively in the wrong stance. Red = Sanctuary and Blue = Serenity. This is of course a moot point in the heroic encounter.

As Ashley pointed out with Sanctuary, I too am almost exclusively in Chakra: Sanctuary, and due to the four set bonus I only activate it with PoM to maintain a higher up-time on the spirit bonus. The rare occasions that I choose to enter Chakra: Serenity are usually during periods of high movement when the extra instant cast is nice e.g. H Atra during the airphase and H Council phase 2.
Got Lightwell?

Ardoris <Imperative>
Ardoris

Return to Holy & Disc Archive