< /br>< /br>< /br>

/Wave Shield Spam

/Wave Shield Spam

Postby Irial » 16 Feb 2011, 11:49

Blue Post...

"Since the release of patch 4.0.6, we’ve been keeping an eye on healers and how they are performing and are currently in the process of making some additional adjustments.

Priests

The cost of Power Word: Shield is being increased by 33%. While we wanted Discipline priests to be able to utilize this spell more often and with better results, we also did not want it to be the main spell (and often the only spell) used while in groups. We don’t find this to be a particularly compelling playstyle and have found that it encourages players to avoid using other spells such as Penance. We believe that using a shield in a tight moment is totally appropriate, but we don’t want it to be incredibly efficient to do so with more frequency than that.

We realize that by making Power Word: Shield slightly more expensive for Discipline priests to cast that it might cause Holy priests to avoid using it. To that end, we are adding mana savings into the Body and Soul talent. The tooltip will not reflect this change until a future patch, however. Ideally, Holy priests should not notice much of a change to the Power Word: Shield costs."
Irial

Re: /Wave Shield Spam

Postby Arlee » 16 Feb 2011, 11:54

This shouldn't be a surprise either :) They said right in the beginning of this expansion that they didn't want healers to just be free spamming one spell over and over.
Arlee
Donor

Postby Irial » 16 Feb 2011, 12:01

Def. not a surprise. I think its quite warranted. I prefer being holy, but with the shield spam just being -so- powerful I found myself having to switch for a majority of fights. I am also very happy that they took the time to realize how this would effect holy priests's body and soul. A+
Irial

Postby Star » 16 Feb 2011, 12:18

I'm glad they are giving a mana reduction to Holy :D

/hi5 bliz
Star

Postby Irial » 16 Feb 2011, 12:39

Yeah, Body & Soul will remain at the current mana cost instead of getting the 33% increase disc is receiving.
Irial

Postby Star » 16 Feb 2011, 14:45

Yes it's the same as it is now, but a thumbs up to bliz for realizing that increasing the mana on the Holy side would really hurt :)
Star

Postby Lyssan » 16 Feb 2011, 15:19

/Happy Dance
Lyssan

Postby Floaties » 16 Feb 2011, 20:09

You guys are happy? This is an awful change.

4.0.1 - Good. Little weak... but useful.
4.0.6 - OP as hell. Hurts mana but nobody cares. They'll just get innervates
Hotfix - .......... OP as hell but so expensive that rapture hardly does anything at all.

If they thought it was too strong they could have reverted the buff or just tweak the effect rather than the mana cost.

cy@ mp5
~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~@.@)~
~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~
Floaties

Postby possibry » 16 Feb 2011, 20:13

its only 5k ish per shield, sadly its still viable with decent gear :(

im glad they added that to body and soul, i would hate to not be able to use it due to mana concerns.
possibry

Postby Janaan » 16 Feb 2011, 23:31

Interestingly enough, it may or may not be gone. We already have an instance of people speccing HOLY, and getting the 10 points in the Disc tree required to get stronger and 1-sec shields, then spamming, becoming the newest highest HPS HPriest on WoL. I'd refer you to this thread on Plus Heal: http://plusheal.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9148 It seems that, even without Rapture, it's possible. We'll just have to see if it STAYS possible, or maybe that was just a fluke? I don't really know, I didn't look really carefully at the logs, but it's a possibility that we may have to consider.
Janaan

Return to Holy & Disc Archive