< /br>< /br>< /br>

Unerring and LMG

Unerring and LMG

Postby CharmCity » 20 Apr 2013, 23:52

Suppose Unerring procs and a couple of seconds later your LMG procs. If you had refreshed your dots with Unerring is the LMG a greater dps increase to refresh? Basically if you have to refresh either which is greater?
CharmCity

Re: Unerring and LMG

Postby Shardstorm » 21 Apr 2013, 00:06

UVLS hands down.
Shardstorm

Postby sharpz » 21 Apr 2013, 00:48

I won't make another thread to ask similar questions here if u dont mind Shardstorm : D

So few questions as I am curious : D

Question 1 and 2 will be similar.

1 -Say UVLS and LMG procs at the same time do you refresh for UVLS then 4 seconds later refresh again for LMG or no?

2 - say UVLS procs refresh dots then 4 seconds later LMG procs what do u do? do you A ) refresh dots for the LMG proc or do u B ) leave the dots alone and only refresh them again if another UVLS proc happens.

3 - LMG procs only do u refresh your dots alone for this proc or do you just simply wait for a big int proc to happen alongside it then refresh with LMG + big int proc?

Cheers for the the replies the method I use atm is below.

- If UVLS procs i refresh my dots if LMG procs 4 seconds later I refresh my dots again for the LMG.

- If LMG procs i try and wait for LoTC to proc then refresh both together but I use extraCD so I know how longs left on LoTC so say it's not coming off CD I refresh my dots for LMG only.

I am curious what u guys do in these situations cheers for replies.
sharpz

Postby Shardstorm » 21 Apr 2013, 01:14

1. If they are both up, refresh once for UVLS, it will also be LMG buffed, and that's that.

2. B is the answer. Depending on amount of ticks I estimate to have happened, I may try to catch the end of the LMG proc. You haven't clarified if this is with 2 piece or without by the way.

3. Again, this changes with 2 piece. At the moment, I'm refreshing, treating it like a lust. I don't have the 2 piece though.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3582&start=60

Check out that thread for a great add on for tracking relative dot power and when you overwrite.
Last edited by Shardstorm on 21 Apr 2013, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.
Shardstorm

Postby sharpz » 21 Apr 2013, 01:51

Ah sorry I am using 4p tier 15, I am also using addons like Weak Auras, ForteXorcist, ExtraCD, Shadow Priest Dot Timers.
sharpz

Postby Shardstorm » 21 Apr 2013, 03:19

1 remains the same.

2 I wouldn't rebuff to try to catch the LMG proc, I'd rely on the snapshot mechanic to give me what it can from that, gaming it won't work under those conditions.

3 is currently under review. With the tier 15 2 piece, I'd try to update if I can catch the start of the buff, but I wouldn't if I was just trying to catch the last 1-2 seconds. Other players are probably playing it differently. Watch this space I guess.

Anyone reading, feel free to jump in if you disagree with what I'm saying of course.
Shardstorm

Return to Shadow Archive