< /br>< /br>< /br>

Holy 4pc and Mastery

For the things that don't fit elsewhere!

Holy 4pc and Mastery

Postby Vook » 11 Mar 2015, 11:49

Now that I'm closing in on my 4pc, I was wondering how exactly Mastery would be affected by the new 4pc playstyle?

With much, much higher healing from PoM as well as Heal and PoH/CoP, one would think that Mastery would become more valuable than Haste, or at least, be less crappy for Holy.

Has anyone done any testing of Mastery's strength with the 4pc?

And by "4pc playstyle", I mean using Divine Insight and Clarity of Purpose; healing normally while using Heal or CoP to dump Serendipity stacks and proc DI. Even without the 4pc, when I tried this playstyle on H Flamebender, PoM was my #2 heal.
Vook

Re: Holy 4pc and Mastery

Postby Aethyx » 11 Mar 2015, 15:27

It will depend highly on the fight if CoP is any good though. Lifting the group requirement is nice, but it has a tiny 10y radius around the target.

Your best way to know is to get it, try it out and log your fights - if you see a significant increase on non-renew spell casts and the mastery heal, then you could consider grabbing some mastery offpieces.

But frankly it will never beat multistrike, so gems/enchants will stay the same, and you will still pick gear with "anything+multistrike" - leaving you with very little room to play with secondaries. It's a good theoretical exercise, but I doubt we can realistically gear for it.
Aethyx

Postby Vook » 11 Mar 2015, 19:27

Yeah, obviously Multistrike is still the best stat, I was just wondering if anyone had calculated Mastery to be less terrible once you've got the 4pc.

I literally just got my 4pc an hour ago, so I haven't had much time to test it.
Vook

Postby Callu » 12 Mar 2015, 05:41

Fully agree with Aethyx, just look for multistrike+anything pieces.

It makes sense that 4pc shifts the haste/mastery balance more in favor of mastery as renew is used less, but to what extent is going to be a personal thing. The value of crit and vers is less variable in terms of spell use. Versatility comes out theoretically worst and has gained a reputation for being a universally bad stat, but I think it's not as bad as numbers suggest for us because its potential for overheal is absolutely minimal and the value of the personal absorb is difficult to quantify.
<OLD> Sylvanas-EU
Callu

Return to General Holy & Disc Discussion