HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

[10 Normal - Shadow] Garrosh Hellscream

by Twintop » 09 Sep 2013, 11:36

Discussion on the 10 Normal version of the Garrosh Hellscream encounter will be conducted here.

Recommended Talents:
TBD

Recommended Glyphs:
TBD
Twintop
Assistant Administrator

by Hespera » 09 Sep 2013, 23:17

Choice between SWI and FDCL comes down to your raid's strat. SWI is generally preferable provided your strat doesn't involve extended movement. SWI allows you to: burn Farseers, burn weapons, burn Embodied Despairs, burn empowered MC's, and burn Minions. Being able to do these things puts shadow in a strong position for the fight, as we can top damage on many of the short-lived targets. FDCL on the other hand, gives excellent mobility and can be better for breaking unempowered MC's. If you find that your strat forces you to move enough that you are missing out on a good portion of SWI uptime, you should consider switching to FDCL. That said, even if your overall numbers are better with FDCL than SWI, you do lose a lot of burn utility, so make sure the change doesn't negatively influence your raid.

ToF uptime is very high, so it's the best pick.

Lvl90 talent is between Halo and Cascade. Halo is better P1 damage, but Cascade is better for P2/P3. The healing from Halo is monstrous and it's a great MC precast, so it's my pick. The P2 adds on normal are all about control, and while Cascade is much stronger for them than Halo, having errant 300k hits going out on adds can do more harm than help. The normal mode fight's dps check is pretty relaxed, it's all about doing the fight very carefully, and I think Halo is the best choice in that regard.
Last edited by Hespera on 16 Sep 2013, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.
Hespera

by Setheria » 15 Sep 2013, 07:38

SWI and TOF clearly strong here.

I find Halo the best for the healing synergy in whirl phases.
Setheria

by Hexn » 15 Sep 2013, 16:53

I suggest speccing FDCL for Garrosh, since this fight actually has a ton of movement, at least the way we did it.

Our strategy was moving in a triangle pattern to deal with the desecrated weapons and mind controls as shown in this picture I quickly drew up:

Basically the group starts at Yellow marker. When Desecrated Weapon is thrown there, we all move out of it and stack on the boss (purple marker). The Mindcontrol will follow almost immediately when we get into position. This allows for everyone to be stacked, and we can deal with them fast and easy with stuns/cleaves/interrupts from melee.

When MC is broken, we move to the Red marker in preperation for the next weapon. When that weapon spawns, we move to the yellow marker to stack for the Whirling Corruption. we don't want to be in melee range for that, since it does damage based on proximity.

Doing the fight like this made it quite movement intensive, and I found FDCL to be the strongest choice, after playing around with both that and insanity. FDCL is also nice when in the Sha Realm and dodging annihilates.

There might be a more efficient way to do the movement where Insanity gets to shine, so if you know of any, feel free to share :)
(Retired from raiding as per November 2013)
My Armory
Some SoO WoL rankings

Some WOL ranks from previous tiers
Hexn

by Rubine » 15 Sep 2013, 18:45

One thing I noticed that helped me avoid having to move for probably 85% of Annihilates is that the boss seems to pick directions to turn and annihilate based on where people are standing.

When we'd go down there I'd end up standing off to his side while everyone else would group up and then seem to run straight through him when he slamed. So now they are behind him and when he goes to slam again he 'picks someone' and turns to face all of them which means I don't have to move. I kept my mouth shut on this because I didn't want more people standing on top of me and making me move, haha. It was pretty damn consistent over our few hours of pulls before we killed him, so I'd definitely recommend trying it.

I used Insanity, ToF, and Cascade.

We did sort of a similar stack-and-move strat for weapons, but we only moved between 2 points. Tanks/melee took care of handling melee MC's, and the ranged/healer group took care of handling the ranged/healer MC's. I found glyphed fear very helpful for this fight to interrupt/cc the MCs to give us more time to get them down without them casting.
Rubine#1472
Rubine

by Ariadne » 16 Sep 2013, 11:49

FDCL/ToF/Halo

We used a stack up for everything tactic for our first raid of wipes. So sad. Next day we had watched some videos and suddenly boss dead in 2 tries. We were constantly being spread and keeping the middle clear for every Desecrate. Boss tanked at the edge of the circle.

FDCL is very solid in this fight. Not having to worry about SWI channels that lock you in place is also very refreshing. Also useful for bursting down engineers if you are on that duty (sucks for SP by the way but what can you do).

Feathers might be considered if you are on engineers cause you have to run a fuck ton.

ToF is clear winner. Very high uptime.

Halo is best I think cause of phase 1 and the adds being stacked.
Ariadne

by Guiltarg » 25 Sep 2013, 10:12

Hey having some trouble here !
dunno if it's really random but we can't manage to deal Empowered Whirling corruption..

Even with the spread it seems like we end up having too much adds :/
Any tips?
Guiltarg

by Hexn » 25 Sep 2013, 12:13

Guiltarg wrote:Hey having some trouble here !
dunno if it's really random but we can't manage to deal Empowered Whirling corruption..

Even with the spread it seems like we end up having too much adds :/
Any tips?

First I would make sure that the raid is a decent distance from Garrosh, as the whirl does less damage the further away you are. Also using a raid cooldown like Devotion Aura is useful. Should probably have a rotation set up with raid cooldowns > personal cooldowns > raid cooldowns for each empowered whirl. Healers also need to use their cooldowns here like healing tide, wings, etc.

With that said, the adds are fairly harmless, as long as they don't get empowered (die on top of each other). So you can not aoe them down. The way we deal with them, is that everyone spreads (within healing range) and each person just single target nukes one add. As long as everyone moves out of the purple voidzone on the ground, it should be very managable damage.
(Retired from raiding as per November 2013)
My Armory
Some SoO WoL rankings

Some WOL ranks from previous tiers
Hexn

by Astris » 02 Oct 2013, 02:29

How are you guys dealing with the Warbringers?

M/Sear with L90 Talent
Full dots > M/Sear > L90 Talent
Full dots > M/Spike(FDCL) > L90 Talent
Astris

by Givesheals » 02 Oct 2013, 08:43

See if you can convince your raid to leave weapons up at sub-35% health. At sub20% the AOE is amazingly small (I think radius decreases linearly, therefore area decreases exponentially) but leaving a SW:P on a lowhealth weapon basically ensures 100% ToF uptime :). Not worth making a big fuss about though. We were running 2 spriests in 10m which made this easily worth doing.

Using DP on Mind Controls seemed risky as occasionally it seemed to gib the MC'd player post-MC so be careful - perhaps an argument for FDCL. Personally I used SW:I and mind spike'd the DP off when the player got low to be safe; if you're using FDCL you'll need a cancelaura to take care of DPs on MCs.
If you do badly: "I had really bad UVLS procs!"
If you do well: "It was all me. Skills."
Givesheals

Next

Return to T16 Boss/Talent Discussion