< /br>< /br>< /br>

[25 Heroic - Shadow] Thok the Bloodthirsty

[25 Heroic - Shadow] Thok the Bloodthirsty

Postby Twintop » 09 Sep 2013, 11:42

Discussion on the 25 Heroic version of the Thok the Bloodthirsty encounter will be conducted here.

Recommended Talents:
TBD

Recommended Glyphs:
TBD
Twintop
Assistant Administrator

Re: [25 Heroic - Shadow] Thok the Bloodthirsty

Postby Hespera » 17 Sep 2013, 05:07

Additional adds spawn each time you re-enter P1. There are bats which are an aoe dps sink and a yeti that just... sits there. Waiting for live to see if they alter talent choices from normal.

Now that the boss has a .5 second cast on his interrupt, SWI has emerged as the favorite. You should always be able to get a cast off between interrupts even at high stacks, so SWI isn't as gimped as it once was. SWI is also much better for p2 than other options.

ToF uptime starts getting better on heroic since you've got additonal adds to proc it. For now, I'm not willing to give up DI's mobility/interrupt avoidance, but we'll see come live.

DS is the only sane option for now. Getting to Halo range in P1 is suicide and can interfere with the P2 transition even if you did get to range. Cascade is no better for damage than DS, but does have the benefit of being a powerful healing cd during P2 if used on the raid. I would stick with DS unless your raid really needs the extra healing for P2 specifically.

Disarms work on the jailers, but I really wouldn't want to sacrifice orbs for it. Do it as a last resort if your tanks gets fixated and loses the add or something else horrible.

Only fight of the tier where I'm going to explicitly recommend against Body and Soul. Feathers just have a much higher uptime than B&S so it's the better option.

Spectral Guise allows you to drop the fixate off yourself, but you should warn people ahead of time when you plan to do it so that people don't get caught when he re-fixates early.
Last edited by Hespera on 05 Nov 2013, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Hespera

Postby twinklenut » 21 Sep 2013, 11:09

Insanity. You might want to use FCDL if you tend to get interrupted a lot.
DI
Divine Star
twinklenut

Postby Koilie » 22 Sep 2013, 07:23

Bender was providing for me the best and most sustainable damage for this fight in the couple hours of attempts. It doesn't care if the boss is interrupting or running out of range of you.

Mostly used DI but tried ToF on a few later attempts as I got more comfortable with the interrupt and mobility. Thinking could get some good uptime via DS in the interrupt phase and all around there was high damage to allow proccing from the healing. Will hopefully be in for more pulls/kill.
Koilie

Postby barzololxd » 23 Sep 2013, 17:58

tried fdcl, di = not sarisfied with dps, there were too much input lag so i couldnt tried swi, not sure about tof uptime, i am totaly lost about how to increase my dps, any help will be appriciated
barzololxd

Postby Drye » 26 Sep 2013, 04:52

Went FDCL/DI/ds. There's too much input lag to go swi IMO. If you have a lot of paladins I could see swi being the best option.
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Postby Hayterr » 09 Nov 2013, 15:29

Even with AM stacking it just doesn't seem to prove viable to run SWI on this. Went same as Drye with FDCL/DI/DS on this.

Even if you have far too many Paladins there are too many other things to be focusing on other than planting and casting MFI for 8-10 seconds. PoM/PWS/Mass Dispell/DS... the list goes on. The reason we are essential to this fight is not for our DPS, it's for the utility and everything we can bring to the table on top of our DPS.
Hayterr

Postby Hygeia » 09 Nov 2013, 18:02

Hayterr wrote:Even with AM stacking it just doesn't seem to prove viable to run SWI on this. Went same as Drye with FDCL/DI/DS on this.

Even if you have far too many Paladins there are too many other things to be focusing on other than planting and casting MFI for 8-10 seconds. PoM/PWS/Mass Dispell/DS... the list goes on. The reason we are essential to this fight is not for our DPS, it's for the utility and everything we can bring to the table on top of our DPS.

Do you have logs by chance? I didn't really have a problem with mfi, I dont think there's enough targets to justify it imo. I'd like to compare my mfi to your fdcl, although I think mine will be skewed because I didn't cast pw:s or mending. I did macro fade to divine star and that helps. Our cooldowns were actually really good. We had am from 15-27 and I was veing from 18-23ish so mfi helped there.

*edit* I've never had any input lag issues, either (on this fight)
Hygeia

Postby Hayterr » 12 Nov 2013, 12:44

Hygeia wrote:
Do you have logs by chance? I didn't really have a problem with mfi, I dont think there's enough targets to justify it imo. I'd like to compare my mfi to your fdcl, although I think mine will be skewed because I didn't cast pw:s or mending. I did macro fade to divine star and that helps. Our cooldowns were actually really good. We had am from 15-27 and I was veing from 18-23ish so mfi helped there.

*edit* I've never had any input lag issues, either (on this fight)

It wasn't an input lag thing, personally I just found myself doing too much to plant and MFI, we have great healers but especially on first kills I'm not trying to rank I'm trying to help em out. Our other spriest did absolutely solid with the same setup and maxed his DPS potential whereas that wasn't my intention as we weren't anywhere near berserk. Not trying to make excuses as we are normally in a deadlock for DPS it's just the way we attacked this fight. I definitely didn't have a perfect fight either by any means.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5 ... 808&e=9382
Hayterr

Postby Hygeia » 12 Nov 2013, 14:16

I wasn't really looking to compare rankings, just the effectiveness of fdcl vs mfi. I ranked with mfi and your guildie ranked with fdcl so they're both clearly viable options. Fdcl definitely outdid my mfi damage (my 12mil to your 19 and his 23) so I'll try it this week and see how it works out. I was pretty good at mfi during screeches, I didn't think it'd be that much difference but I also wasn't fishing for procs on the yeti (which also inflates dps because of the wall smash debuff). Not that that's wrong or anything.

I see some slight differences between the three of us and logical conclusions can be drawn as to why there's differences but none all that significant. Bosses died on both so not really an issue. I'll try fdcl and see if I can do better but it seems from just that comparison that it will be, even if played inefficiently vs an efficient mfi rotation.
Hygeia

Return to T16 Boss/Talent Discussion