< /br>< /br>< /br>

[25 Heroic - Shadow] Iron Juggernaut

[25 Heroic - Shadow] Iron Juggernaut

Postby Twintop » 09 Sep 2013, 10:42

Discussion on the 25 Heroic version of the Iron Juggernaut encounter will be conducted here.

Recommended Talents:
TBD

Recommended Glyphs:
TBD
Twintop
Assistant Administrator

Re: [25 Heroic - Shadow] Iron Juggernaut

Postby Hespera » 17 Sep 2013, 03:46

The heroic mechanics shouldn't influence the talent choices on this fight, unless Ricochet positioning forces you to change Lvl 90 talents.

SWI is the only legitimate choice here.

DI and ToF are pretty close. Went with DI for slightly more movement, but not convinced it's better than ToF given you'll proc it occasionally via heals.

Halo is my preference, but DS is useful for healing and frees up your positioning. Since there's nothing to cleave the dps discrepancy isn't huge either. Naturally, if your raid's Ricochet positioning forces you to be close/far from the boss you should adjust your talent choice accordingly.

The crawler mines have become more of an offtank job in recent builds, so dps soaking is typically reserved for emergencies now. You can *just barely* survive a soak with only Fade Glyph, Shield, and Inner Fire glyph if your HP is ~650k<, but this is just really dangerous. Stick to Dispersion unless your raid needs a hail mary soaker.
Last edited by Hespera on 11 Oct 2013, 02:27, edited 2 times in total.
Hespera

Postby twinklenut » 21 Sep 2013, 09:57

Insanity
DI
Halo
twinklenut

Postby Zofu » 03 Oct 2013, 15:40

Just a few tips on new people attempting this fight. It took my guild 8 wipes to finally kill this guy. We changed up our strat 3 wipes in. Instead of still dpsing the boss and healing everyone up during the knock backs. We all got knocked back into the very back of the room. The area where you go turn right once you enter his area and go all the way to the back. We then stayed here and healed people up during the knock backs. It made handling mechanics a lot easier. We didn't DPS the boss during this phase but it was a lot easier then healing through that shit ton of damage. Also for Shadow preists myself and the other spriest would vamp a couple of seconds into the phase 2 since we can't vamp during the knock backs. This helped with topping everyone off before we get knocked back. Your raid still needs to loosely spread out and dodge the lasers/tars but it's a lot easier to handle when you're closer together. Let me know if you got any questions! :)
Zofu

Postby Hayterr » 04 Oct 2013, 05:21

As long as the boss is tanked where he originally spawns the healers can outrange all mechanics.

Found the enrage too strict to completely stop DPS so range simply ran back in range at the edge of all mechanics and DPSed.

Was nice to get a VE in during the knockback to help the healers immensely.

The bombs can be soaked without dispersion just be very wary, the only times I ever soaked without dispersing was under the following conditions;
- I could PoM/Fade/PWS myself
- I was full HP no exceptions
- I didn't have the burning DoT up.
It's also awesome to soak (definitely with dispersion) during the knockback phase right before a shock pulse comes out. If you time it right you fly up and don't get pulsed. If you're in range of the boss it saves a lot of downtime.
Hayterr

Postby brunnor » 12 Nov 2013, 22:55

I used MF:I, PI and Halo this week on Jugg to see how it went.

Ending up picking up a 34 parse on WoL. Might be something for you guys to try since timing working pretty well with everything.

First on pull of course, the second cast right as its changing to p2, and the final one in the 2nd phase 1 when you have good trinket procs with potion.

You will miss a couple seconds on your second PI due to knock back but its very little loss it seems cause it takes about 13 seconds or so for it to full phase and knock you back the first time, so only losing 3-4 seconds of PI that time. The rest are all perfect for how little you have to do on the fight.
brunnor

Postby Helycon » 14 Nov 2013, 10:40

brunnor wrote:I used MF:I, PI and Halo this week on Jugg to see how it went.

Ending up picking up a 34 parse on WoL. Might be something for you guys to try since timing working pretty well with everything.

First on pull of course, the second cast right as its changing to p2, and the final one in the 2nd phase 1 when you have good trinket procs with potion.

You will miss a couple seconds on your second PI due to knock back but its very little loss it seems cause it takes about 13 seconds or so for it to full phase and knock you back the first time, so only losing 3-4 seconds of PI that time. The rest are all perfect for how little you have to do on the fight.

IJ very much depends on how lucky you are with movement. If you get targeted by a borer-drill, any barrage during your major DPS abilities, you will be screwed. I dislike the fight for rankings, it's just sheer luck on everything.
Helycon

Postby ak1230 » 01 Dec 2013, 10:02

Yup - was on pace for a pretty beast parse last Tuesday then I get 2x Laser.

This was using MF:I, PI and Halo as well.
ak1230

Postby vampz » 14 Oct 2014, 20:00

THIS BOSS DOES LUDICROUS DAMAGE FOR SOME REASON?
Vampz | Impetus, US-Korgath. Recruiting exceptional players | Vampz's random videos
"Up shit's creek without a paddle in a plastic rowboat."
vampz
Donor

Postby Mefadin » 14 Oct 2014, 21:03

vampz wrote:6.0.2

THIS BOSS DOES LUDICROUS DAMAGE FOR SOME REASON?

Assuming you're referring to the now-Mythic version?
Yes, the spiky damage was quite apparent, but I think that's mostly due to raiders having gotten lazy and not doing mechanics properly since heals used to be able to cover it easily. Seige phase seemed to be roughly the same struggle as before though; was a bit sad not being able to Halo heal.

Nazgrim on the other hand is a complete joke.
Mefadin

Return to T16 Boss/Talent Discussion