< /br>< /br>< /br>

Challenge to the healy priests...

Challenge to the healy priests...

Postby Blackmorgrim » 03 Mar 2011, 21:12

I know I've seen some of the most prominent healing priests in the community here, so I have a challenge.

Recently, our guild has had an issue with holy paladins. Its been suggested that the fight is unkillable without having 2 holy paladins for our tanks?

How many holy or disc priests truly feel that HM Chimeron's tank healing needs cannot be fulfilled by another class... period? Shadow is my forte, but... I can't shake this feeling that a holy priest could be geared/talented in a respect that it could rival a paladin's tank healing ability.

Could a holy priest do it? I feel they could, but that would take some more research on my own to have it be more than a mere feeling.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Re: Challenge to the healy priests...

Postby Ashleycakez » 03 Mar 2011, 21:39

I don't see why not. I have yet to try H Chimaeron, but I feel comfortable sitting in Chakra: Serenity (single target heal) if we don't have a H Pally around and a fight demands single target healing.

Holy Priest single target heals are definitely a lot stronger than in Wrath and I believe a skilled H Priest should be able to keep up with a Paladin. I found that I could keep up well during our first few Cho'gall kills when I strictly sat in Serenity to help heal the tanks.
Ashleycakez || <Seraphim> || Stream || Priest Healing Tips
<Seraphim> is recruiting! 10 man mature raiding
11/16H T14 & 13/13H T15 & 13/14H T16
Ashleycakez

Postby Floaties » 03 Mar 2011, 22:55

At first you said healy priests but then you said holy. Buuut... I tank heal H Maloriak every week and I sometimes do H Chimaeron. It would behoove you to have all of your priests raid healing tho... It's not that paladin's are OP at tank healing.. just that they suck at raid healing xD
~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~@.@)~
~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~
Floaties

Postby possibry » 03 Mar 2011, 23:31

they still do it better. i would argue that a resto druid would be a stronger tank healer than a holy priest though - theyre too valuable to have on the raid. put a tree on the tank.
possibry

Postby Ardoris » 04 Mar 2011, 00:05

For H Chim Chim, each priest healing spec is very capable for tank healing. Whether you're healing the soak tank (Double Strike) or the Break tank (which only needs to be above 10k hp) you need to use the abilities properly. As Ashelycakes said, for Holy spec, Serenity makes this silly easy. Holy Word: Serenity is instant and heals for upwards of 10k depending on gearing, for me it's an average of 18k. Generous utilization of Serendipity (the stacking Haste talent for GH) after massacres is very helpful as well.

For a Disc priest, I would recommend healing the Break tank. Bursting up the Soak tank can just be annoying.

Possibry brings up a great point though. Priest have the best aoe heal to get ppl + 10k after massacres. So, unless you're without other options priests are more effective in a raid capacity.
Last edited by Ardoris on 04 Mar 2011, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Got Lightwell?

Ardoris <Imperative>
Ardoris

Postby Star » 04 Mar 2011, 06:37

Blizzard has made it so that each class can be a tank healer effectively. Paladins are just the best at this because of Beacon and also, for the most part, their weak raid heals (some Paladins are just amazing at raid healing).

The most important thing to point out here though is that some healers just don't have the mindset of being a "tank healer." It might sound odd to you as a DPS, but it does take a different mindset to tank heal than it does to raid heal. If your healer is not comfortable doing it then you probably won't get it done.

Our first 10m kill of normal mode we had 2x Holy Priest & Resto Shaman, haha.
Star

Postby Ashleycakez » 04 Mar 2011, 07:09

I got lip from my healers for asking them to tank heal >_>

But really I tank heal on Chimaeron since our pally is gone (sad day). But I assign my other healers (resto druid and shammy) to tank heal on Nefarian while I raid heal.

Holy Priest is very capable of it and come H Chim I'll probably find myself tank healing woooo.
Ashleycakez

Postby Blackmorgrim » 04 Mar 2011, 07:30

Yes, I understand as far as the raid healing potential of a priest. But as it stands, even lacking holy pallies, we're still in the position that we have to rotate out healers.

So the only possible loss to our raid healing is probably turning one of our regular raid healers into a tank healer.

Right now our 25 raiding team has regularly available:

2 Resto Druids
2 Resto Shamans
2 Priests
1 Holy Paladin
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Star » 04 Mar 2011, 08:02

Resto Druids are great tank healers - and much more suited than a Holy Priest. Quickly followed up by Disc as well, but I don't know if your healers want to go Disc?
Star

Postby Ashleycakez » 04 Mar 2011, 09:20

Star wrote:Resto Druids are great tank healers - and much more suited than a Holy Priest. Quickly followed up by Disc as well, but I don't know if your healers want to go Disc?

Make the Resto Druids or Shamans (if tank is taking spike damage constantly) heal.

Holy Priests still rule AoE healing.
Ashleycakez

Return to Holy & Disc Archive