< /br>< /br>< /br>

Which Race?

Which Race?

Postby Squeeby » 23 Feb 2011, 12:41

Hey all :) First off, I am so happy that there is now an all priest site! So to the creators, thank you!

Secondly, I have recently been debating on changing races. I currently play a gnome priest but am really getting bored of the bobble head look :) I love their int racial, and am well aware of the racials of other races... but are they incredibly important in the end-game? Or can we safely say that simply playing something that is more appealing to look at is ok?

Would love some input, thank you! :)
Squeeby

Re: Which Race?

Postby Star » 23 Feb 2011, 12:55

You know, I used to play Undead. For 4 years. Then I rerolled Alliance. Ever since the beginning of playing a priest I wanted to be a cute lil Gnome. Then 4.0 came out - BAM GNOME! 2.5 months later got tired of it.

At this point in the game racials play such a small role that you should really just play whatever you can stand looking at for hours on end. I'm quite enjoying Draenei atm as they feel very priesty and have a pretty casting animation. Although their hips wiggle a little too much when they run! >_>
Star

Postby Squeeby » 23 Feb 2011, 13:07

I am glad somebody has been in the EXACT same spot I am in now, for years I was hoping that gnome priests would be made possible, so just like you... the second I could change I did. I just simply cannot stand it anymore! Before the gnome I played her as a human... since vanilla no less! So human is out of the question as well :P. I was leaning toward a draenei or a night elf, however, you are absolutely right in that a draenei's casting animation is gorgeous, and I am sure GotN comes in handy at times? :)

I am pretty sure that is what I will choose, wish me luck! :)
Squeeby

Postby Arlee » 23 Feb 2011, 13:53

eww gnomes are gross! :p

Personally I love my troll but I occasionally do miss being Draenei. I agree with you on humans though... uber boring. Dworfs are just hairier and chubbier gnomes imo. So Nelf or Draenei :D (if you are just going for looks and not any particular racial)
Arlee
Donor

Postby Star » 23 Feb 2011, 15:31

Squeeby wrote:I am glad somebody has been in the EXACT same spot I am in now, for years I was hoping that gnome priests would be made possible, so just like you... the second I could change I did. I just simply cannot stand it anymore! Before the gnome I played her as a human... since vanilla no less! So human is out of the question as well :P. I was leaning toward a draenei or a night elf, however, you are absolutely right in that a draenei's casting animation is gorgeous, and I am sure GotN comes in handy at times? :)

I am pretty sure that is what I will choose, wish me luck! :)

Glad I could help! Naaru is nice, when I remember to use it! Haha... >_>
Star

Postby Nephelee » 23 Feb 2011, 16:44

I went from Human -> Gnome -> and since last week Draenei

No regrets with the Draenei switch. I absolutely love how they look and their casting animations. GotN is okay- the best use I've found for it is as a rotated self-cooldown for periods of high damage. For example on Chimaeron Feud or heroic Conclave (Wind platform), I would rotate:

Desperate Prayer
GotN
Healthstone

Ensured that I didn't die and I could focus on all the dps constantly on the verge of death.
Nephelee

Postby Floaties » 23 Feb 2011, 16:47

Gnome is OP for disc

Dorf is OP for everything

Human looks dumb
~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~@.@)~
~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~
Floaties

Postby Ashleycakez » 23 Feb 2011, 17:30

Puddingcup wrote:Human looks dumb

Agreed. Humans in WoW look fat, especially the chicks. :( Their bodies are weird.

I always roll Human Priest on a random servers when my main server is down. I never make it past level 4 because the quests are so... crappy? >_> Who cares about Kobolds... I hope Deathwing destroyed them!!!
Ashleycakez || <Barracuda> || Stream || Priest Healing Tips
<Barracuda> is recruiting! Mythic raiding! Mature environment!
14/14H T16 pre 6.0 | 14/14 Mythic T16
Ashleycakez

Postby Arlee » 24 Feb 2011, 08:26

Ashleycakez wrote:[Humans in WoW look fat, especially the chicks.

I have heard a lot of people say this and it always confuses me. I mean the human chicks have flat bellies how is that looking fat? I mean the female dworfs definitely look pudgy but the human females look fit imo. :)
Arlee
Donor

Postby Ashleycakez » 24 Feb 2011, 08:48

Just like... their thighs are too large and their hips are like WTF for the size of their waist.

I don't know. I just feel like most women don't look like that. It seems disproportionate.

Dwarves are chunky but they are supposed to be. They don't look strange at all.

Oh well, its all opinion anyways. ^^ I like Horde better tee hee :)
Ashleycakez || <Barracuda> || Stream || Priest Healing Tips
<Barracuda> is recruiting! Mythic raiding! Mature environment!
14/14H T16 pre 6.0 | 14/14 Mythic T16
Ashleycakez

Return to Holy & Disc Archive