< /br>< /br>< /br>

Lets speculate about 5.4 legendaries

Lets speculate about 5.4 legendaries

Postby Charuo » 18 Jun 2013, 08:43

So if the rumors are true, we should be getting legendary weapons in 5.4, and might be seeing them on the PTR soon.

What do you think they will look like? How will blizzard handle the LFR/Flex/N/H split?

I would be surprised if blizz could come up with weapons that work for everyone (can't really have one weapon that will make all INT users happy for example), so I think there will be quite a few variations of legendaries for various classes/roles, and they will all have interesting procs and abilities attached to them. I wouldn't be surprised if fangs of the father return for rogues.

I also think they will release 4 tiers of legendary, that have some kind of upgrade process to improve as you progress through the difficulties. I don't see how they could balance a single tier that is useful to heroic raiders, while not completely overpowering people that only do LFR.

Started in B&C, because no thread about legendaries is complete without a healthy amount of whining. :)
Charuo
MVP

Re: Lets speculate about 5.4 legendaries

Postby Ashleycakez » 18 Jun 2013, 08:50

I don't think there will be a split in legendaries due to what type of content you clear.

If someone is playing very casually that they clear LFR on occasion, they probably don't even have the LMG done.

Conversely, I know a player who has cleared LFR every week and is as far in collecting runestones as I am. I do believe his dedication entitles him to a legendary reward equal to mine.

The legendary quest line in Mists involves a lot of commitment. I would be sad to see someone have all that time investment go to waste simply because he only clears LFR, or is on a realm that doesn't have a guild clearing more than 1/13H in ToT.

I would say that if one was able to acquire more of the quest items than from just one lockout a week (say, LFR and Normal/Heroic each have a chance to drop an item), then yes, I would agree that a Normal or Heroic raider should have a better legendary. This isn't the way it ended up being designed so whether one clears LFR, Normal or Heroic each week, why would it matter? How many "LFR Heroes" have been that dedicated and committed to completing Wrathion's quests in a timely manner?
Ashleycakez || <Barracuda> || Stream || Priest Healing Tips
<Barracuda> is recruiting! Mythic raiding! Mature environment!
14/14H T16 pre 6.0 | 14/14 Mythic T16
Ashleycakez

Postby Blackmorgrim » 18 Jun 2013, 09:20

I wouldn't be surprised if Wrathion asks you to bring him a class appropriate legendary, (since something's changing with the cata rogue daggers) and he brings it up to MoP standards.

Dragonwrath AND our mastery? Garrosh gonna melt!
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Charuo » 18 Jun 2013, 09:20

Personally, I would like to see everyone get the same legendary, but I am not sure it would work from a balance point of view.

Take your average heroic guild, most of their raiders are just waiting for 5.4 to progress, and as soon as it is out, they will rush to get their legendaries (in days or weeks or however long it takes). Once their full raid has legendaries, raid progress will either be trivially easy, or will have to be balanced around the expectation of full legendaries.

On the flip side you have casual guilds where people are clearing 12/12ToT now, but not working hard on legendary quests (I am in this type of guild now, and it kind of infuriates me that we're held back by people with no LMG). People in these guilds will have a lot of trouble progressing since they don't have full legendaries.

Maybe heroic mode will be much harder than normal modes, with the expectation that everyone has a legendary when you start heroics? That puts a fairly strong cap on progression for newer characters.

Blizz has shown that they don't really care about trivializing non-raid content, so maybe they don't care that giving LFR heroes extremely powerful legendaries will make most/all of their content trivial.
Charuo
MVP

Postby empe » 18 Jun 2013, 09:26

Another legendary? This game is killing me.
MP

Yes, my links are broken, MAD.
empe
Donor

Postby Blackmorgrim » 18 Jun 2013, 09:30

Or how about Legendary Tier?
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Ashleycakez » 18 Jun 2013, 09:34

I'd be interested to know how many LFR only players were committed enough to work on the quest line, not reroll, or quit playing for a while. I don't think the numbers of dedicated LFR only players that will get the legendary are as high as you think.

Regardless of content cleared, if you have come this far you deserve it. Blizzard typically tunes normal raids to the normal gear from the previous tier. (Whether or not they will tune normal T16 to assume most, if not all of your raid, has the LMG is questionable imo). If you are full clearing (or close to it) normal TOT you are probably fine for normal raids next tier. Legendaries wont be acquired immediately from the sounds of it so getting an edge on progression probably wont be an issue until a bit later in the tier, when you are already likely to have amassed a decent amount of new gear to soft nerf the encounter.

I don't think legendaries will play into the world first race. This isn't like dragonwrath farming in firelands to make DS more faceroll. There will be more parts to the quest.
Ashleycakez || <Barracuda> || Stream || Priest Healing Tips
<Barracuda> is recruiting! Mythic raiding! Mature environment!
14/14H T16 pre 6.0 | 14/14 Mythic T16
Ashleycakez

Postby Hygeia » 18 Jun 2013, 10:31

My current theory is the new raid will drop new Sha touched weapons that you can upgrade using that old datamined breath of the black mind into a legendary.

My only concern is that the 1h mace proc or whatever legendary bonus is applied is applicable to shadowpriests because I want to use a mace for the free 1% hit as human instead if a staff.
Hygeia

Postby Nixx » 18 Jun 2013, 13:04

Asking people to obtain old legendaries would be a kick in the balls to anyone who doesn't already have one. I doubt they'd ever ask you to do that.
Casual Scrublord
Nixx

Postby numinous710 » 19 Jun 2013, 06:52

Nixx wrote:Asking people to obtain old legendaries would be a kick in the balls to anyone who doesn't already have one. I doubt they'd ever ask you to do that.

I was Holy/Disc during Firelands... I swear to all that is holy, if I have to farm up a Dragonwrath at this point I'm not going to be happy...
-Reckless-
13/13 HM - Horde US - Skullcrusher
-Three nights-
*Currently recruiting ranged dps/healers*
numinous710

Return to General Chat Archive