< /br>< /br>< /br>

Trouble figuring out stat prio

Post here if you need help with gear or dps.

Trouble figuring out stat prio

Postby Starblood » 06 Jan 2015, 05:57

Hello,

This is the link to my shadow priest:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... d/advanced

I'm currently using COP/Halo/ToF/Insanity and my average dps is around 26k dps (varying from fight to fight ofc)

I'm having problems figuring out which spec/stats to go for. I've researched and googled a lot, but each site says something different.

Icy Veins gives a plethora of different specs with diff stat prio's for each of them. All different prio's unfortunately :( This makes it extremely difficult to swap specs for different fights, especially since reforging has been taken out and with the limited amount of gear currently available (not to mention the extreme prices for gems/enchants atm). For CoP single target (traditional) they say to go for mastery > multi.

Howtopriest says for CoP go for haste > multi > mastery.

Ask Mr Robot says to go for mastery > multi for single target, crit/haste for "overall performance". I find that last one rather vague.

I decided to try the mastery/multi one, since that seems to be the one most sites advise and on boss fights in the end, single target is what matters mostly.

I find myself running low on crit and I'm worried that may gimp my output...

So my question is, did I make the right choice in using my current spec with mastery/multi as an overall spec for all boss fights in Highmaul? Any tips or advise to improve my spec, stat prio, etc, would be greatly appreciated!
Starblood

Re: Trouble figuring out stat prio

Postby jeiwel » 06 Jan 2015, 08:06

from what I understand :
Mastery is good when you don't have to move a lot (kargath, butcher)
Haste become better with the other fights (where you can offdot a secondary target)

You should also remove the MS glyph (to SW:D, restored faith can be useful sometimes, silence can be useful on margok too) and switch PW:S glyph for reflective shield
jeiwel

Postby Starblood » 06 Jan 2015, 17:05

Thanks for the tip on the reflective shield glyph tho, you're absolutely right.

Well, what I am looking for really is a "one size fits all" generic spec for Highmaul. All I wondered was what the best stats were since there is so much confusion on different sites...

Hope I'm making sense?
Starblood

Postby Hygeia » 06 Jan 2015, 17:17

There is no one size fits all. If you want to optimize, you need to be versatile.

The most generic recommendation you can get is "take anything that's an ilevel upgrade and enchant whatever you want except haste".
Hygeia

Return to Gear Check/Fix Me