< /br>< /br>< /br>

Hagara

Hagara

Postby Uuna » 01 Jan 2012, 07:31

Just curious how other spriests are choosing to take advantage of Hagara's 15sec increased damage after frost/lightning phase.
Uuna

Re: Hagara

Postby Blackmorgrim » 01 Jan 2012, 09:49

My guess is, if you have 4pc, that's the perfect time to make use of it.
I know DoTs have too big a ramp up to take full advantage of it.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby beanpope » 02 Jan 2012, 07:32

I was wondering this myself... I wonder if a series of mind spikes/MB would be the best way to take advantage of the brief window.
beanpope

Postby Ruhnaycake » 02 Jan 2012, 16:08

without mastery stacking, my alt shadow priest with 4 set was hitting 150k with MS, and critting 240k with MB.
Aurora || YouTube ¤~
Ruhnaycake
Donor

Postby Piazzolla » 03 Jan 2012, 01:46

Ruhnaycake wrote:without mastery stacking, my alt shadow priest with 4 set was hitting 150k with MS, and critting 240k with MB.

That's with some kind of damage modifier, and not really an answer to whether the re-ramping time of dots costs too much.
Piazzolla

Postby Ruhnaycake » 03 Jan 2012, 04:26

Considering you need to get up 5 stacks of evangelism + AA (if it's up) + applying the dots, you won't get much out of it, so sfiend burst spam for those 13-15 seconds would be your best bet anyways.
Aurora || YouTube ¤~
Ruhnaycake
Donor

Postby beanpope » 06 Jan 2012, 16:11

Ruhnaycake wrote:Considering you need to get up 5 stacks of evangelism + AA (if it's up) + applying the dots, you won't get much out of it, so sfiend burst spam for those 13-15 seconds would be your best bet anyways.

Is that what most people are doing? Do dots on a target taking more damage work the same way as they would during an int proc? Like if you get VT off before the end of the buff period will it tick the same? I think I know the answer... just wanted to check :-P
beanpope

Postby TenThirty » 07 Jan 2012, 02:22

beanpope wrote:Do dots on a target taking more damage work the same way as they would during an int proc? Like if you get VT off before the end of the buff period will it tick the same? I think I know the answer... just wanted to check :-P

They don't, any damage modifiers applied to the target like Feedback or Curse of the Elements are calculated each tick, where as damage modifiers applied to you like Dark Evangelism are calculated on cast.

What I'm wondering is if the amount of damage you gain doing MS/MB spam will offset the damage lost when you start the regular rotation and you have to re-stack Evangelism and apply all your dots again? And is MS/MB still siming as a dps gain now that the bug in simcraft where MS wasn't clearing off dots has been fixed?
TenThirty

Postby Guschigginz » 07 Jan 2012, 06:47

Sfiend MS/MB is the way to go, i did this last week and was getting a TON of damage out during that part. Get your rogue to ToT you and you will really be cooking with gas, i was getting 30k-60k free damage from it.
There is no spoon.
Guschigginz

Return to Shadow Archive