< /br>< /br>< /br>

Dps failing at DS

Dps failing at DS

Postby Rsroyce » 06 Feb 2012, 00:34

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... e/advanced

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8 ... 323&e=3550

Hi there. This is my first time posting on H2P, so you'll have to
forgive me if there's a better place to post this. I've read the forums, but I think this would be the most applicable one to post. But I digress, I am looking for some comments about my performance and some discussion about where I can improve.

I'm having dps problems in HM Ultraxion. I seek advice from people, They said you must do 33k and above for heroic. I dealt 33k exactly. No + or -

I been reading Kilee's guide on how to use 4pcs Tier. MSing and MBing. Just a quick question, Should i wait for Sfiend or I just use AA on CD? and continue with normal rotation. And why lavawalker if you have mastery(50 mastery),a minor movement wont help much i suppose.Please correct me if i'm wrong.

On ultraxion,
I will start with

Volcanic pot>MF until aa> aa>Mb>Sfiend>Ms x 5>MB> msx3>MF Full and MB> Normal rotation goes on. And repeat on CD AA and Sfiend. Which, explains why my DOT uptime are less

Based on Kilee's guide,

it stats that at 30% is an ideal haste. I had 32% haster in Sform. I reforged 2% into mastery

Thanks in advance
Rsroyce

Re: Dps failing at DS

Postby didimissone » 06 Feb 2012, 07:56

You guys should try Zon hc or Yor hc before tackling with Ultraxion hc.

Good job on trying to improve your dps but with you the only one clearly above 30k dps (took your longuest try) its impossible to down him (even with nerf).

In your case, aim for ~36k. With all reaching this number you will have a clear shot at him.

For myself i wait for SF to use AA with the 4p bonus. I go:

VP > MF 2x until AA > AA > MB > SF > MS x 3 > MF > MB (repeat x3) and then normal rotation. Take that with a grain of salt as i just got 4p and still not sure about that rotation.

I guess the movement is for Hagara and Boat (for what its worth). Can't find any other (maybe first 3 bosses.... maybe).

EDIT:

our kill WOL

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/18wi ... 39&e=10149
didimissone

Postby Dahk » 06 Feb 2012, 08:55

I would agree. Minimum you should shoot for is 6 dps all doing 35k for Ultrax HM. Your Ret pally for example isn't even in the ballpark. Hagara is even an option, but definitely work on the first four HM's first.

As for Lava Walker, not sure why that is on the list. DS isn't as movement intensive as previous tiers. I would recommend the straight Haste or Mastery for boots. I keybind a InnerWill/Fire when I need to run. Its 2% faster than LW base and most Priests doing HM's are putting some points in Inner Sanctum for the Armor, that's additional speed.
Bill#1528
Dahk

Postby Rsroyce » 06 Feb 2012, 10:09

Gentlemens, Thank you for you reply.

First of all. Is my VT, DP or Mind blast uptime terrible?? I don't know to see how many Mind blast I casted. I wonder if you guys can help me.
Rsroyce

Postby Dahk » 06 Feb 2012, 10:31

MB was pretty much on target on the kill.

13 hits + 13 Crits = 26MB
3:47s Fight = 227s

Divide that = MB avg 8.73s

So that's pretty good.

Dots fall off during all that Spike action. Most parses I have seen with people Spiking they have mid 70% uptimes on dots. So yeah you looked OK there too.
Bill#1528
Dahk

Postby Rsroyce » 06 Feb 2012, 10:39

Thank you for your reply sir,

Based on people in my realm, They said that at my gear level (394). I must be able to deal 35~36k Dps, I actually did 33k. Is it true?

Thank you in advance.

8.37s mind blast. Means that i cast 1 MB per 8.3 secs?. If yes, Isn't that terrible. Sir?
Rsroyce

Postby Dahk » 06 Feb 2012, 13:43

Rsroyce wrote:Thank you for your reply sir,

Based on people in my realm, They said that at my gear level (394). I must be able to deal 35~36k Dps, I actually did 33k. Is it true?

Yes, Ultrax10HM - Boss has 80,000,000 health. If you two heal / two tank / six dps, then assume healers do zero DPS, tanks do 1/2 dps. So doing the math:

Each dps would need to do 34,632 and each tank would need to do 17,316 to complete the encounter in 5min 30sec. The fight auto wipes at 6min but keeping people alive the last 30 sec is pretty tough.

8.37s mind blast. Means that i cast 1 MB per 8.3 secs?. If yes, Isn't that terrible. Sir?

No that is pretty good. You can only cast MB every 6.5s, but realistically you will never be able to do that, even on a target dummy. You will have to spend a second or so avoiding TI every so often and you might have to Disperse to eat one on Heroic. Plus keeping all your dots and buffs up. Yes casting MB more is better, but 8.3 is pretty good.
Bill#1528
Dahk

Return to Everything Else Archive