< /br>< /br>< /br>

Heroic Zon'ozz is a turd, help.

Heroic Zon'ozz is a turd, help.

Postby Aimzor » 07 Dec 2011, 05:21

We have some talented people on our roster but we can't seem to find a strat that works for us. Has anyone had any success with downing this guy yet?

Thanks in advance
Aimzor

Re: Heroic Zon'ozz is a turd, help.

Postby didimissone » 07 Dec 2011, 06:38

EU servers here so will get a crack at him in tonights raid.

Will keep you updated with our tries.
didimissone

Postby Caewyn » 07 Dec 2011, 13:38

Agreed! We only spent an hour and a half last night on him and tried several different strats for black phase. Doing some research today to see what else we can do.

What part is causing you problems?
Caewyn

Postby Aimzor » 07 Dec 2011, 15:11

After 3 mins he's only at about 80%, this can't be right can it? It feels like our dps is being spent poorly but I'm not sure where the leak is if any. We're doing it on 10 with 2 tanks and 3 heals.
Aimzor

Postby Veiled » 07 Dec 2011, 15:31

We only got a few pulls on him last night but I'll post here if I find anything fight-breaking.
___~For Romaxton~
[personal twitter*] -- [site twitter] -- [facebook] -- [youtube]
*my tweets are my own and do not reflect H2P.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Postby Aimzor » 07 Dec 2011, 17:02

Thanks, I'll do the same if we knock it out tonight.
Aimzor

Postby Ashleycakez » 07 Dec 2011, 22:22

Wow this fight sucks on 10 man.

This is what we did.

Beach volleyball phase: Ranged group stacks way out at max dps range with one healer. Pray to the rng gods that 3 people don't get the magic debuff in range/melee at once. Bounce ball.

Dark phase: split into 2 groups. 1 group heads to where you enter with a healer (2 dps 1 healer) and starts nuking the eyes first. 2nd group goes to the opposite side (2 healers, 6 dps, tank on claw) and starts nuking those adds. We meet where the claw spawns and finish off the remaining add (usually a flail tentacle).

Repeat.

We did this successfully one time on our best attempt and almost got to another dark phase but we had a weird ball bounce and the tank had to run to antartica to get the boss to hit it and dropped.

Boss was at 85% after the first cycle. The buff will keep stacking on the boss so expect dps to ramp up significantly as the fight goes along.

I have no tips for dpsing this as I was healing but this is what was working for my guild. We killed it on normal just so we could move on and get drops from the rest of the raid, but we expect it to go well next week. Must do LFR for loot since DS refuses to drop Conq/healing trinkets for my guild yet again!
Ashleycakez || <Barracuda> || Stream || Priest Healing Tips
<Barracuda> is recruiting! Mythic raiding! Mature environment!
14/14H T16 pre 6.0 | 14/14 Mythic T16
Ashleycakez

Postby Caewyn » 07 Dec 2011, 23:41

Thanks for these thoughts :)

Had a look through some logs it seems dps is being split across the tentacles in successful kills. Will try both these ideas tonight and see what happens.
Caewyn

Postby didimissone » 08 Dec 2011, 02:39

Well can't help at the moment since we fail miserably on morchok. RL thinks we can 2 heal this fight right from the start.

21 wipes and he STILL think we can do it.
didimissone

Postby Omirr » 08 Dec 2011, 02:53

I'll copy paste what I wrote on my guild forum :

This Heroic mode is probably the 2nd easiest and is likely the 2nd Heroic boss we will try.

ScrubBuster's vid : (Ele Shaman PoV)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WSLddAHSXY

By bouncing you gain stacks and when the ball hits the boss those stacks result in more damage taken, which I believe is for the entire fight. Therefore you want to bounce the ball as much as you can without killing anyone.

ScrubBusters did the following:
1st : ranged group (replaced by a Shadowpriest or Fire Mage when it's phase 1 again)
2nd : melee group (ranged moving out to sides)
3rd : Shadowpriest with Dispersion (glyph it)
4th : Entire raid in melee
5th : Shadowpriest with Dispersion (possibly external cd as well)
6th : Entire raid in melee
7th : Fire Mage (triggering Cauterize)
8th : Entire raid in melee (probably with cd)
9th : Fire Mage (triggering Cauterize)
10th : Boss (everyone needs to make sure they aren't near the ball)

Blood Legion kept the raid split in 2 groups and just healed through. I like ScrubBusters's tactic more because it's less mana intense for healers but you lose a bit of dps due to ranged having to move a bit.

In phase 2 they did dps down eyes. We ignored them mostly on PTR but maybe they adjusted their damage. The 2 big tentacles and the 4 Flails have to go down tho. Split the raid and everyone dps's down their add. If needed, ranged can dot up the other adds as well.

During the fight you may get the debuff called Disrupting Shadows. If you dispel it, it causes a knockback and AoE dmg. Because this is only dealing healable shadow damage, ScrubBusters did NOT dispel it. If you want to dispel it, like Blood Legion did, we need an addon that marks all players with the debuff. Then healers need to manually check if their marked target has run out of the raid and dispel it. Assigning healers to groups may help there.

This fight is not hard on tactics but it is on the execution part. If the people that need to bounce die too early it can be a wipe before anyone has time to react. Also, if we need to bounce it to the boss and people are bouncing it back, it will kill a lot of people making it an auto-wipe.

Anyways, that's for 25. In 10 man, you can't stack that many Mages and Sp's probably so I have no idea how that would work.
Omirr

Return to Shadow Archive