< /br>< /br>< /br>

[H2P] Shadow Haste Break Points

Re: [H2P] Shadow Haste Break Points

Postby Crapgeezer » 13 Sep 2012, 01:34

Just like PI, might it be worth knowing what the haste breakpoints are while on Bloodlust?
"My dog has no nose"
"How does he smell?"
"Awful!"
Crapgeezer

Postby Kilee » 13 Sep 2012, 05:34

In my experience, PI/Bloodlust do not make up a significant enough portion of the fight to affect DPS or stat weights in Simcraft. However, I'm curious if people feel it does make a difference in the real game.
"Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles
The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
Kilee

Postby Domi » 13 Sep 2012, 06:14

With the 30% haste buff your break into extra dot on all as your be above 20% haste by time of raiding. Refresh your dots soon as its cast and keep up normal rotation and if you recast your SW:P and VT just before the buff goes then you get extra DPS afterwards from the haste.

This is my understanding that haste is seen at time of cast not during spell duration.

Be interested if I am wrong so i can correct when raiding in MoP.
Domi

Postby Woaden » 13 Sep 2012, 06:43

The only way I see it being relevant in an applicable way for gearing would be if there was some nice break point that happened to be near 8085 that we might go out of our way to get the extra rating.

Otherwise it shouldn't change anything we actually gear for.
Woaden

Postby Blackmorgrim » 13 Sep 2012, 10:23

Wait... then out of curiosities sake we should probably find the breakpoints when PI+Berserking+Bloodlust is up. ;)

Though in reality, the haste bonus at that point would have to be ridiculous, considering 100% haste effectively doubles the number of ticks... and Berserking+Bloodlust would usually bring me to at least that. However, keep in mind that 50% haste is the gcd limit.

All I have to say, if anyone gets hit by a DoT at 150%+ haste, and it doesn't get dispelled... someone's probably dropping.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Bach » 03 Oct 2012, 06:56

New poster here. Excuse my ignorance if this question has been answered ad nauseum; have read Kilee and Twintop's breakpoint chart and accompanying posts and the rest of the forums and could not find an answer.

Question: If the ideal Tier 14 non-goblin haste breakpoint (8085) is unobtainable through current gear -- which it is for me -- is the highest PP gained through reforging any haste above the VT+1 breakpoint (2021) into crit? It is my understanding that the basic premise of a haste plateau is that any haste above that, but below the next breakpoint, is a wasted stat. Please correct if this basic premise is wrong.

Thank you much.

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... h/advanced.

As you can see, I reforged as close to the VT+1 breakpoint as possible and ignored socket bonuses that would provide the added haste, as they would still not put me over the 8085 breakpoint at the moment.

Thank you in advance, and thank you all for your tireless work at Shadow Priest theorycrafting.

-Bach
Bach

Postby Drye » 03 Oct 2012, 07:10

If you get the gear in my bis pre raid make up, the haste break point is attainable. But stat values don't change once you hit the break point or before it. It stays haste > crit > mastery, haste just doesn't have such a dominance.
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Postby inad316 » 05 Oct 2012, 04:28

Drye wrote:If you get the gear in my bis pre raid make up, the haste break point is attainable. But stat values don't change once you hit the break point or before it. It stays haste > crit > mastery, haste just doesn't have such a dominance.

As you said you can attain that break point in pre-raid but i am also curious to know what is the benefit of the haste that is in between since no one gets an extra tick.
Example, finally finished rep grinding to get neck with 444 haste, haste went from 4000 to 4444. even tho stat values dont change b4 or after a break point, what is the 444 haste going to give to my dps, what spell will benefit from it?

because what i always did was target a loot item from our stat weight list. once i grab it, then I see 'oh i'm not on the plateau yet' then reforge it to 2nd stat. next week get another new item, see if i can reach plateau, if yes reforge correctly if no reforge remainder to 2nd stat. This is why your answer confused me and i am wondering what is the benefit of the in between haste.
inad316

Postby Woaden » 05 Oct 2012, 07:06

VT and SW:P benefit the most from it in the long run as they'll tick on a faster timeline that will have added many extra ticks by the end of the fight. Compare a single target Sim of 4,000 vs 4,444 Haste and see the difference in SW:P and VT alone.
Woaden

Postby Mikedexter » 16 Oct 2012, 15:13

Sorry if this is a difficult question to answer, but how far out your way should you reach to keep the haste breakpoint? I have a couple upgrades that would net about 500int together, but drop me under my haste cap. Is there a value to this Cap like the Set Bonuses have on the Gear page?
Mikedexter

Return to Shadow Archive