HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Shadowfiend swing timer reduce by haste

by skizz » 06 Dec 2013, 14:58

Trying to understand how the shadowfiends swing timer is reduced by haste. Did some targetdummy tests:

fiend duration = 12 seconds.
fiend baseline swingtimer = 1.5 seconds.
Fiend melee hits @ 0 haste: 9.
First one Instantly (well, ~100 ms delayed). Every 1.5 seconds another one. 12/1.5 = 8... 1+8 ;)

According to the following post:
This one's trickier, I was not able to find the precise rules on how haste affects shadowfiend, but I will work under the reasonable assumption that its swing timer is 1.5 baseline and is affected by our melee haste. It will therefore melee every 1.5/(1+HST) seconds, and in 12 seconds it will manage to land 8*(1+HST) swings, probably rounded to the closest integer.
(http://www.plusheal.com/forum/m/1833799 ... regen-stat)

I need to solve: 12/ (1.5 / (1+hst)) = 9
=> @12,5% haste = 10 hits. Which, well does not really work on target dummys, values from testing:
@12.40% meleehaste => 10 hits.
@12.82% casterhaste => 9 hits.

So basically I got 3 questions:
1. Is there any rounding involved?
2. Does he use caster or meleehaste?
3. At how many % does he get another swing?
skizz

by Valaria » 06 Dec 2013, 17:44

Going of memory here so might be outdated/inaccurate. But I believe it rounds up at 0.5 attacks. So 6.25% melee haste for the first extra attack then every 12.5% from there. It also benefits from the 10% melee haste buff so you'd want to account for that for your haste breakpoints.
Valaria

by Aethyx » 06 Dec 2013, 18:27

from this old thread:
http://forums.elitistjerks.com/index.php?/topic/131056-52-disc-priest-discussion/

putting it into a macro to avoid the delay will skim a bit of haste off the required stats to get an extra hit - and at 3035 there should be the breakpoint of 10 hits this way, if you have the melee haste buff. Don't think any higher breakpoints are mentioned there since it's a disc thread... Hope the info helps you out :)
Aethyx

by Blackmorgrim » 18 Dec 2013, 14:06

Shadowfiend/mindbender uses melee attack speed. So our haste aura, PI, and meta gem do not effect it. Berserking and BL does.

However, a long standing bug (probably a relic to prevent double dipping) is that if BL/Hero/TW is cast after Shadowfiend is summoned, it will revert its swing time to your base melee haste value.

Also, if haste effects are active when its summoned, all swings will be hasted up until the buff runs out. If the haste buff runs out mid swing, the swing will continue at the hasted rate, and the swing speed will then drop on the following hit.

I believe the actual base swing timer is 1.45 seconds.

Also, for damage calculation there is a constant chance for pets to make a glancing blow, which I believe is 7.5% (but don't quote me on that), and there is no way to reduce it to zero. Pets get your 50% of your hit rating as hit, and the other 50% as expertise.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

by aica » 19 Dec 2013, 20:34

The closest swing speed I've been able to find is: 1487.5s.

Glancing blows have a flat 24% chance of occuring, and they deal 75% damage. the rest of the 76% chance of hitting is split between crit and hit.
{[( )]}
aica

Return to Theorycraft