< /br>< /br>< /br>

Stormlash Totem

Stormlash Totem

Postby Nixx » 01 Sep 2012, 15:38

Stormlash Totem

Summons an Air Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster, empowering allies within 30 yards with lightning. While empowered, allies' spells and attacks will trigger bursts of electricity, dealing additional Nature damage to their target. Lasts 10 sec.

Ghostcrawler explained the exact mechanics yesterday:

-- The base damage is 20% of AP or 30% of SP, whichever is higher.
-- That amount is multiplied by 0.2 for normal pets, and by 0 for guardian pets.
-- Next, if it’s an autoattack (or spell that we count as an autoattack such as Wind Lash or Shadow Blades or Tiger Strikes), then it’s multiplied by 0.4, and then by WeaponSpeed / 2.6. And if it’s an offhand attack, it’s then multiplied by 0.5.
-- If it’s periodic damage, it doesn’t Stormlash, unless it’s Mind Flay, Malefic Grasp, or Drain Soul.
-- For all other spells, it’s then multiplied by BaseCastTime / 1.5 sec, with a floor on the BaseCastTime of 1.5 sec.
-- And then there are multipliers for certain spells: 2x for Lightning Bolt, 2x for Lava Burst, 2x for Drain Soul, 0.5x for Sinister Strike.
-- Finally, that’s the average damage it deals. It will actually deal that +/- 15 %.
-- It also has a 0.1 sec ICD on triggering, and can miss based on spell hit.

Other stuff:
- 100% proc rate off of qualifying attacks.
- Mind Flay seems to work off of the time per tick, as opposed to the actual cast time of 3 seconds and therefore receives a modifier of 1.
- The initial hit of DP triggers it.
- The initial hit of SW:P does not.
- Mind Bender is a guardian pet and does not work with Stormlash.

Now just from the numbers I've seen, it doesn't seem like it is worth it at all to change the rotation to try to benefit from Stormlash, but I just wanted to get some more opinions in case I missed something.
Casual Scrublord
Nixx

Re: Stormlash Totem

Postby Hanzimare » 03 Sep 2012, 06:56

Would a MS/MB rotation be better for stormlash?
Hanzimare

Postby Nixx » 03 Sep 2012, 07:13

That much I can tell you is definitely not the case. Being normalized to a 1.5 second cast, it really comes down to whether or not it would be worth it to not refresh dots, which do not benefit from the totem, while it is out. If anything, something like Mind Flay actually benefits more from the totem than MB because it is beneath the floor of 1.5 seconds, so it does the same damage per proc as MB, but has more casts per second than MB.
Casual Scrublord
Nixx

Postby Hygeia » 03 Sep 2012, 10:52

Hanzimare wrote:Would a MS/MB rotation be better for stormlash?

NEVER AGAIN
Hygeia

Postby Sharindia » 03 Sep 2012, 22:40

^ this!

If I want a mage, I'd make one..
Sharindia

Return to Shadow Archive