< /br>< /br>< /br>

Garalon

Re: Garalon

Postby Rubine » 09 Nov 2012, 18:00

Alessandra wrote:Who do you have doing the kiting? My RL wants the two tanks to stay on Garalon while 4 ranged take it in turn to kite, this seems to be quite a dps loss. Any suggestions?

I assume since you're only having 4 people kite that you're doing 10man?

We had our healers kite in 10man, and our prot pally respec'd to ret so he could dps and still soak the cleaves (a plate wearer in 10man can survive the cleaves). I don't think we had a 4th person kiting, but I could be wrong. If we did I don't remember who it was!

In 25man we had a mix of healers + hunters/ele shaman kite while the two tanks stayed in to take the cleave.
Rubine#1472
Rubine
Donor

Postby Alessandra » 09 Nov 2012, 19:30

Yes :) 10 man, thanks for the advice.

Now to look for videos of how to transfer the pheremones and kite it properly since I was out last night when they made attempts. (best attempt was 17% so hoping to get it tonight.)

Apparently they had some issues with transferring the pheremones with it passing back to the person who had it originally.
Alessandra

Postby Annesh » 09 Nov 2012, 21:50

I can only seem to do 75k or so; how are so many spriests sitting at 100k+? Does being a kiter really account for 25k dps over the fight? If I didn't have to kite I might be able to do 80, MAYBE 85k, but even then that's jumping on every convenient leg for the +100%.
Annesh

Postby Nixx » 10 Nov 2012, 06:25

Stand in the circles on the legs close to you any time you DPS them.
Casual Scrublord
Nixx

Postby Regena » 10 Nov 2012, 08:37

My dps wasn't amazing on this fight, I was kiter #2 and for safety my guild had me run the long way around the boss. A couple things that might be helpful to others:

Using lifegrip doesn't automatically transfer the pheromones debuff, you either have to wait a few seconds or sort of wiggle to get it to transfer. It's a little frustrating. Whenever transferring the buff, run in opposite directions so you don't risk swapping it back.

Each time you swap who is doing pheromones there will be an aoe crush so announce on vent that it's switched, it's 2-3 seconds before the actual damage hits afterwards.

To drop the pain circles my guild followed what "Progression" did in their video, basically we dragged it into one corner, swapped, speed boosted to the next corner, dropped it about halfway through the room then swap, speed boost, etc. We dropped it tightly in a zig zag pattern in the corners, you want to avoid leaving random circles just because on the second (or sometimes third) rotation it will be harder to navigate around that.

For dpsing I didn't follow a particular leg, I just multidotted and if a leg came in my area I hopped in and put up full dots with the buff. Also I saved VE for the later crushes during the fight.
Regena

Postby Snugglepuff » 11 Nov 2012, 21:26

I was also one of the kiters on this fight (10m) and my DPS was pretty abysmal. One issue I had was our kite pattern; we went totally around the edges of the room in a big rectangle, and I would sometimes end up totally out of range of the boss and all his legs, unable to hit anything. I might suggest the zig zag pattern instead because we were really close to the enrage at the end, probably mostly my fault for falling way behind in damage.
Snugglepuff

Postby Hexn » 11 Nov 2012, 22:26

Here is the thing about Garalon;

DPSing the legs as ranged dps isn't necessarily a good idea. If you have melee that is more than capable of handling them, especially classes that double dip (rogues with blade flurry or warriors with sweeping strikes), you want to make sure that they ALWAYS have a leg up to dps. So killing them too fast can actually be detrimental to your raid dps.

In 10man, if you only have 1 melee, then he may need some help with the legs. But the boss doesn't actually die faster when you damage them. They have a set amount of HP, they do a set amount of damage to the boss when they die, and they spawn at set intervals. That means killing them faster isn't actually doing more damage in the end.

2 people doing 200% damage for 10 seconds
and
1 person doing 200% damage for 20 seconds

comes out to the same damage in the end.

So you are safe to just dps the boss the entire time, as long as the legs are dying in a timely fashion (meaning you won't get 4 respawns).

DPSing the legs when NOT in a circle is always a dps loss.

I suggest just being on the boss 100% of the time, putting SWP on legs to fish for procs and SWD for orbs.

Unless you actually want to "meter-whore" and rank high on WoL. Then you need to be inside legs circle as much as you can. But that is not really helping your raid at all.

If you have 2 capable melee dps, the legs are nothing but a red herring. Dps the boss and you will make the enrage.
(Retired from raiding as per November 2013)
My Armory
Some SoO WoL rankings

Some WOL ranks from previous tiers
Hexn

Postby Rubine » 11 Nov 2012, 22:55

Hexn wrote:DPSing the legs as ranged dps isn't necessarily a good idea. If you have melee that is more than capable of handling them, especially classes that double dip (rogues with blade flurry or warriors with sweeping strikes), you want to make sure that they ALWAYS have a leg up to dps. So killing them too fast can actually be detrimental to your raid dps.

This was hotfixed so there is no longer any double dipping.
Rubine#1472
Rubine
Donor

Postby Sin » 16 Nov 2012, 20:30

Just ranked 15th on 10-man with 484ilvl (no t14 2P at that time). I went FDCL/Tof/Halo.

Tof is IMO a must on that fight. Had 51% uptime on my kill.

I should mention that we don't keep legs for our melee of mage because we have overall sub-par dps and I ran to almost every leg using feathers (<3 feathers) and/or running in front of boss with dispersion. Also I did not kite with the pheronomes so I admit conditions were ideal for me.

Don't know if Mind Bender is better but I liked the MS procs while running or on the legs. Not sure about how Mind Bender would do on the legs. Could be good.

I used halo mostly for healing purpose, triggering it just before crushes/stun. Didn't care much about its dps. Cascade would probably be better for that I think.

On pull, I dot 2 legs before running to one with feathers, before he chooses his pheromone target (he chooses the one that body pulls, which leaves you some time while making sure you don't fail).

GL
Sin

Postby tussilago » 17 Nov 2012, 03:00

Sniping SW:Death on <20% legs are awesome to keep that ToF rolling and getting extra Shadow orbs. EDIT: Managed 59% ToF on my last kill. Can probably be higher even.
I enjoy FDCL to keep for when moving into the Weak spot for a leg. With the hotfix to pets, maybe MB will be better though(?).
tussilago

Return to Shadow Archive