< /br>< /br>< /br>

Quick gems instead of Reckless?

For the things that don't fit elsewhere!

Re: Quick gems instead of Reckless?

Postby tuesday » 07 Feb 2013, 20:17

I actually posted something on AMR the other day about this issue here.

You can use AMR as a 'starter', but it's not an end all be all gospel to what you should do. Always go over it with a comb. It'll take you 99% of the way there, but maybe not 100%.

Gemming + Reforging is a REALLY complex process though, and the SP part of it needs a bit of work because it's complex as heck. Using RFL after gemming is the close to the same as using AMR and locking all your gems.
tuesday

Postby Woaden » 08 Feb 2013, 03:09

Trevar wrote:By "Gem correctly", do you mean Brilliant for red, Reckless for Yellow, and Purified for Blue? I think most of the socket bonuses are worth it. My heroic belt has a really weak bonus of only 60 hit, so perhaps I should put a brilliant gem into Ruby-Linked Girdle and get the hit elsewhere.

Basically

Ruby Linked Girdle is just poorly itemized in general. That's something that makes sense. Honestly bad gem bonuses just haven't seem to really come up this tier.
Woaden

Postby Flappymr » 08 Feb 2013, 05:54

this imo is pandarias trouble! with so much diffrent gear and the fact that we can upgrade gear is just hard work! im not the best at optimizing my character but the way i do it is whenever i get a new item i just go back to "the usuall way" of gemming. red: brilliant yellow: reckless and blue: purified. i then make reforge lite reforge everything as close as it can be to caps and from there i decide wheter or not i am putting quick gems in yellow sockets. i'm a sucker for the haste cap so i ALWAYS go for it (even if it means banking the item and waiting for another piece) and it hardly ever put more then 2 quick gems, feels wrong (eventho i know its not and i can go as far as 4/5). i know some may think its all wrong and i could get more out of it, its the way i roll and it feels good to me. just felt like sharing ^^
Flappymr - Shattered Halls -EU proud member of Libertas
Flappymr

Postby tuesday » 08 Feb 2013, 07:13

Upgrading gear shouldn't be that big of a deal, because you're mostly just slowly changing either items with spirit or items with haste on them, and then changing gems slowly to pure int once you reach caps more naturally with gear (at least that's what I've found).
tuesday

Postby Trevar » 08 Feb 2013, 07:23

It's just going to get easier and easier to get 8085 haste and 5100 hit with 5.2 ilvls. And then it's just a matter of reforging to get the best combo.

I predict a lot of reforging OUT of haste in 5.2, unless we can somehow get to the next break point. Let's see how feasible that is...Image
Is the next breakpoint at 10124, when Vampiric Touch gets +2 extra ticks? Is that feasible with 5.2 ilvls?

To see if 10124 is feasible, I made a tentative BiS list for 5.2 and it looks somewhat like http://ptr.wowhead.com/profile=35167935

This does not include Sinister Primal Diamond yet, which procs for a 30% spell haste. It also doesn't factor in Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault's 55079 haste proc. Even ignoring those procs, this gear set seems to have about 12040 haste. I think, including prods, we could even get +3 ticks on SW:Pain.
Trevar

Postby Twintop » 08 Feb 2013, 08:31

Trevar wrote:It's just going to get easier and easier to get 8085 haste and 5100 hit with 5.2 ilvls. And then it's just a matter of reforging to get the best combo.

I predict a lot of reforging OUT of haste in 5.2, unless we can somehow get to the next break point. Let's see how feasible that is...Image
Is the next breakpoint at 10124, when Vampiric Touch gets +2 extra ticks? Is that feasible with 5.2 ilvls?

To see if 10124 is feasible, I made a tentative BiS list for 5.2 and it looks somewhat like http://ptr.wowhead.com/profile=35167935

This does not include Sinister Primal Diamond yet, which procs for a 30% spell haste. It also doesn't factor in Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault's 55079 haste proc. Even ignoring those procs, this gear set seems to have about 12040 haste. I think, including prods, we could even get +3 ticks on SW:Pain.

Depending on proc rate/uptime/ICD of the Legendary Meta Gem, we might have a whole extra set of breakpoints to worry about.
Twintop
Assistant Administrator

Postby Blackmorgrim » 08 Feb 2013, 11:31

Especially considering % based buffs tend to be multiplicative for haste.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Trevar » 13 Feb 2013, 00:28

Blackmorgrim wrote:Especially considering % based buffs tend to be multiplicative for haste.

I doubt the haste will be multiplicative. I think if you have 20% haste, you would have 50% haste with the gem, and 80% with both the gem and bloodlust.

Why would you think otherwise? What other spells/mechanics are you basing that on?
Trevar

Postby Twintop » 13 Feb 2013, 00:34

Trevar wrote:
Blackmorgrim wrote:Especially considering % based buffs tend to be multiplicative for haste.

I doubt the haste will be multiplicative. I think if you have 20% haste, you would have 50% haste with the gem, and 80% with both the gem and bloodlust.

Why would you think otherwise? What other spells/mechanics are you basing that on?

They're multiplicative. If you have 20% haste the 30% from the gem gives you 1.2 * 1.3 = 1.56 = 56% haste, then BL gives you 1.56 * 1.3 = 2.028 = 102.8% haste.
Twintop
Assistant Administrator

Postby Blackmorgrim » 13 Feb 2013, 02:18

yep every % based haste buff has been multiplicative. The 5% from shadowform, bloodlust, berserking, and even PI. All of them except for PI and BL multiply.(cause PI overwrites BL)
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Return to General Shadow Discussion