HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

5.4PTR Changes

For the things that don't fit elsewhere!

by Blackmorgrim » 21 Jun 2013, 07:38

the thing I'm wondering about... with the shadowform change... how would it interact with inner fire and inner fire glyph?

Would it be additive or multiplicative? EI 90% armor + 60% armor for 150% bonus armor? or would it do Armor X 1.60 X 1.90 = 304% armor or 204% bonus armor?

Personally... I still think with shadow's overall lack of CC, mobility, and vulnerability to CC... we need the 15% passive mitigation.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

by Hogarella » 21 Jun 2013, 08:05

Regarding using ToF on a single target fight, if the 35% change makes it onto live, it could be worth popping a renew/PoM/whatever on the tank when they drop below 35% hp to activate ToF right? Especially on those fights where the tank takes spiky damage or well timed large hits.
Hogarella

by Nekromeron » 21 Jun 2013, 09:49

For Change for ToF means a lot of random procs from Halo or DS during fights, and also when healing Yourself with DP, since there would be for sure some situations like that, 20% was too low for that but with 35% im pretty sure it could happen thanks to some boss mechanics with hefty dmg. So i guess it will be go a to talent for me for the most fight, especially after acquiring 4pc T16 since the uptime in the SWD phase should be around 100% i guess, or my math is hard for me.
Nekromeron

by Pristie » 21 Jun 2013, 10:52

Hygeia wrote:I've been using feathers almost exclusively for the entire expansion and they just keep making them better. They are and have been better for their entire existence, the only problem is people being too lazy to use them. The global is not an issue because pw:s uses a global, too. Don't kid yourself.

Feathers are 'better' in duration of speed boost; however, I usually need the boost when I can ALSO use a shield for protection!! lol

I raid as Disc mostly and have no more plausible key binds LEFT for feathers! I use a nine button mouse, that and having to click a spot on the ground AND loose a GCD AND try and continue healing puts a strain on using them on the fly. The 10 min duration is a help for preplacing but loosing that boost on the fly hurts.

vampiroth wrote:It's a completely silly change. Removing the damage reduction from priest will put us in a state where we are hardly viable for pvp at all. We are in a balanced state right now, not overpowered but strong enough to be competitive. Our offheals are decent.

Removing void shift from shadow was a good change, a needed one at that because the ability gave us a bit of OPness.

The change to mass dispel was a bit overboard. I would be fine with it if they left the cast time the same but now you can hardly get a MD off making it useless to glyph.

I really don't feel they need to add any other damage reduction ability to shadow priest. Having it tied into shadow form worked great. I don't PVE anymore but it seems a little out of no where to see the need to change this stuff. It seems to me like there is other things in this game that need to be tweaked rather than this.

Maybe they will give us a new 87 ability to replace the lost void shift from pvp. Who knows. The thing is they rarely listen to the criticism they get from the active players on PTR. When they do acknowledge the community and tell us they will make changes, it tends to not happen. Or gets the "Soon"

This seems so true. It's hard enough to get a MB cast off AND we have to live LONG enough for our dots to even work!! I usually PvP in BG's and for a long time considered it a victory if they died shortly AFTER I did!

Now with all the CC and CONSTANT fear breakers, even geting casts off can be rare.

How about the inner glyph to increase armor now give spell damage reduction??????
Pristie

by Nixx » 21 Jun 2013, 12:16

Pristie wrote:I raid as Disc mostly and have no more plausible key binds LEFT for feathers! I use a nine button mouse, that and having to click a spot on the ground AND loose a GCD AND try and continue healing puts a strain on using them on the fly. The 10 min duration is a help for preplacing but loosing that boost on the fly hurts.

Time lost placing them is really only an issue if your mouse has low DPI or you're incredibly inexperienced placing them.
Casual Scrublord
Nixx

by Rubine » 21 Jun 2013, 15:43

Blackmorgrim wrote:Personally... I still think with shadow's overall lack of CC, mobility, and vulnerability to CC... we need the 15% passive mitigation.

This times infinity.
Rubine#1472
Rubine

by Tacdragon » 21 Jun 2013, 17:03

Having played shadow a long time, it always feels shadow is neglected in most the patches and updates.......then when they do pay attention to shadow, we get our legs ripped out from under us. Even as is, there are several class i cant go toe to toe with, or they pop a heal, and are back to killing me.

Good news for rogues......priests just became an even easier mark.
Tacdragon

by Wythr » 22 Jun 2013, 02:34

Strongly agree with Blackmorgrim's thoughts on Shadowform here.

Although Shadow seems to get constantly crucified in ptr changes (particularly pvp, which I guess has been necessary, shadow too stronk) it's early days still of course and we're often left till last to have our engines tuned, so I'll leave my "The sky is falling!" picket sign in the corner.. for now.

Also wtb Glyph of Sha-fiend and persisting shadow ravens / orbs.
Wythr
Donor

by Nekromeron » 22 Jun 2013, 02:39

Wythr wrote:Strongly agree with Blackmorgrim's thoughts on Shadowform here.

Although Shadow seems to get constantly crucified in ptr changes (particularly pvp, which I guess has been necessary, shadow too stronk) it's early days still of course and we're often left till last to have our engines tuned, so I'll leave my "The sky is falling!" picket sign in the corner.. for now.

Also wtb Glyph of Sha-fiend and persisting shadow ravens / orbs.

I in the other hand would kill for change in the glyph of Dark Binding so Hymn of Hope doesnt cancel shadowrform QQ annoying bit
Nekromeron

by Wythr » 22 Jun 2013, 02:43

Nekromeron wrote:I in the other hand would kill for change in the glyph of Dark Binding so Hymn of Hope doesnt cancel shadowrform QQ annoying bit

#Hybridproblems -.-
Wythr
Donor

PreviousNext

Return to General Shadow Discussion