HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

5.3 - Large amount of changes

Discussion for all specs PvP.

by Disbosom » 27 Apr 2013, 18:14

5.3 has been humming along nicely, and with it there have been a massive amount of pertinent changes.

Needless to say I'm now very glad I've been waiting to post updates, as they mentioned a change to the way pvp power rating calculates. =x

I'm sure you're all as excited as I am to see just wtf we're going to do.
Disbosom
Donor

by vampiroth » 27 Apr 2013, 18:50

Losing void shift is pretty big. Game breaking spell.
vampiroth

by Disbosom » 27 Apr 2013, 18:56

Yea, will certainly be viable to tunnel spriests at this point.

and much harder to land dispels.
Disbosom
Donor

by vampiroth » 01 May 2013, 11:09

Yeah I'm not sure they know how big that is going to effect us. Luckily we will still be really strong due to our ability to off heal and almost global people with good rng on dp. I don't think you will see shadow completely fall off. I haven't touched PTR but hopefully the pvp power change will help against teams like thug cleave.
vampiroth

by SkenteR » 10 May 2013, 00:22

vampiroth wrote:Losing void shift is pretty big. Game breaking spell.

i dont get it why blizz is doing that... for example: what is with lay on hands or spirit link... i see disc priest dying.
SkenteR

by Disbosom » 10 May 2013, 06:37

Shadow is the only spec losing access to voidshift. Discipline and holy will get to keep it, and the cooldown is reduced to 5 minutes for them. Rejoice! Your disc priest remains incredibly difficult to kill.

What I want to know is: why hasn't holinka given healers the same treatment as everyone else? Ex: all specs that are non hybrid healers are gaining 40 percent of their pvp power to their healing. Think its only fair that healers receive 40 percent to their damage. As it stands if you are in a 3v3 and end up with a bunch of cross kills with just you (the healer) and an opposing dps its an automatic loss at this point because you won't be able to kill them...
Disbosom
Donor

by adriann222 » 21 May 2013, 08:23

Disbosom wrote: end up with a bunch of cross kills with just you (the healer) and an opposing dps its an automatic loss at this point because you won't be able to kill them...

Maybe that is the point. A healer shouldn't be able to kill a DPS. THis happened to me in a 2V2. A holy pally took out a Blood DK. I was very very very shocked.
adriann222

by vampiroth » 22 May 2013, 16:39

adriann222 wrote:
Disbosom wrote: end up with a bunch of cross kills with just you (the healer) and an opposing dps its an automatic loss at this point because you won't be able to kill them...

Maybe that is the point. A healer shouldn't be able to kill a DPS. THis happened to me in a 2V2. A holy pally took out a Blood DK. I was very very very shocked.

I love getting 100k HotW crits on my druid and getting kills. It's wonderful.
vampiroth

Return to PvP