< /br>< /br>< /br>

Cleave trinket: Which fights?

Cleave trinket: Which fights?

Postby Redsparowe » 24 Oct 2013, 15:28

As the title says, which fights do you consider the frenzied crystal of rage worth using on?
I got my hands on the hcWF version and it'd be replacing normal blood, but really just looking for general musing on the topic :)
Redsparowe

Re: Cleave trinket: Which fights?

Postby Helycon » 24 Oct 2013, 15:54

I've only been using it on Galakras really, most other fights don't have enough adds on top of each other often enough. Spoils could work, depending on tactic, but for me, it did such little damage that I chose to go back to my regular trinkets.
Helycon

Postby Hygeia » 24 Oct 2013, 17:15

It's really not worth it on any fight.
Hygeia

Postby Redsparowe » 24 Oct 2013, 17:57

Anyone know what the range is for the proc?
Redsparowe

Postby Noite » 25 Oct 2013, 03:35

I personally use it on immerseus (add duty), protectors (we keep them close enough for cleave to work) and spoils. You *could* use it on galakras and garrosh and probably pull higher dps than you would with your regular trinket, but that's really just padding and should be left for when the fights are trivial.
Noite

Postby Hexn » 25 Oct 2013, 09:00

Heroic immersius
Heroic/Normal Galakras
Normal Garrosh (maybe)

Assuming those encounters are trivial for your guild to beat, and you are just looking for higher numbers :)
Last edited by Hexn on 02 Nov 2013, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
(Retired from raiding as per November 2013)
My Armory
Some SoO WoL rankings

Some WOL ranks from previous tiers
Hexn

Postby Charuo » 25 Oct 2013, 10:12

I used it (540 0/2) for the first time last night on spoils. It did 3.8% of my damage for about 3.9M damage.

It seems to be unbelievably reliant on RNG though. If it had proc'd off just one or two MB/SW:D crits, it could have done twice as much damage. I had zero ticks over 100k damage, so it looks like it mostly just procced off my dot ticks (which makes sense... there are a lot more of them than MB casts).
Charuo
MVP

Postby Redsparowe » 30 Oct 2013, 16:20

Took it through farm tonight (25hc) and it mostly performed as expected.

Not worth using on Sha, was worth using on Dark Shamans if you can get some uptime AoEing bloods.

So that changes the list of fights I'll be using it on to;

Immerseus
Galakras
Shamans
Spoils

Sadly none of the 'hard' fights from this tier and it truly is just padding. but 4/14 could be worse I guess :/
I imagine there are probably strats out there that would make it pretty decent for protectors, sha and nazgrim. Maybe even norushen if you can spawn enough adds.
Redsparowe

Postby Hygeia » 30 Oct 2013, 18:10

If it has roughly the same overall damage percentage of our overall damage breakdown as an H KTT (noted 3.8% above for cleave trinket so let's assume they're the same, KTT statistically 5% average) then I don't see how it would ever be better, even for padding. H KTT seems better in all situations.
Hygeia

Postby Hexn » 02 Nov 2013, 03:11

Hexn wrote:Heroic immersius
Heroic/Normal Galakras
Normal Garrosh (maybe)

Assuming those encounters are trivial for your guild to beat, and you are just looking for higher numbers :)

Just an update: After testing the trinket on spoils a bit, I have removed it from my list of suggested encounters. After borrowing my guildies' trinket (he won it on Malkorok, so I equipped it for Spoils in the 2 hour trading period for testing purposes), I was very underwhelmed by the actual damage contribution from the cleave effect. No more than 3.2%, which puts it significantly below KTT (which is usually around 5%).

The cleave trinket really is poop :)
(Retired from raiding as per November 2013)
My Armory
Some SoO WoL rankings

Some WOL ranks from previous tiers
Hexn

Return to Shadow Archive