< /br>< /br>< /br>

Being a child of the light and dark

Standard chat about the game.

Being a child of the light and dark

Postby Belevon » 30 Jan 2014, 14:23

Hello all,
I have come here because I didn’t know where else to post I been way from my raid team for about 5 months (work related) when I came back they were in full force and progressing well now there a spot open they asked me to fill the spot the catch is they want me to be a swinger (no comment from the peanut gallery please) question is how do I do this? How do I roll my tokens if I’m to be both dps and a healer? I have never done this before I was just a healer and never raid dps before and I know the shadow spec thanks to the wonder guide here at H2P (props to the healing ones to). So I guess what I’m asking is for some tips from the people who have been there done that; how to handle this position?
Belevon

Re: Being a child of the light and dark

Postby Aevi » 30 Jan 2014, 15:51

I play Disc/Shadow for my guild, we're by no means hardcore, just got 10/14hc 2 days ago. On 2 heal fights I'll play Shadow and on 3 heal fights I'll get roped in to going Disc.

The only advice I can really give is to try not to get too many hit items, try go for items with spirit or items that don't have Spirit or Hit.
Trinkets are a pain in the ass, in Disc I'm using Hc/Wf Bindings from Immerseus, the proc doesn't work, but the 9% stats and Crit damage/healing multiplier makes it worth it IMO. I'm also using the trinket from Garrosh, Haste + gradual int proc (Which DOES proc as Disc through Atonement).
They're probably the best 2 DPS trinkets you can use somewhat viably as Disc.

On items that you use in both specs try not to gem expertise or haste in them.

Disc is great atm, especially in 10 man, but Shadow is weak compared to some other DPS classes, so try optimise your Shadow gear then do what you can for Disc.

I'd also recommend going for your Shadow Tier first, then Disc. I just personally feel I can perform quite well as Disc in limited gear far better than I can in Shadow.

Sorry for assuming you're going to be Disc. But in mix-match gear, you'd probably perform better, and it is the superior healing spec ;)
Codeine Shadow Priest, 14/14 Heroic The Vikings, Terenas-EU
Aevi

Postby Belevon » 30 Jan 2014, 17:00

Thanks Aevi will keep that in mind appreciate your input and yes I been disc forever shadow is my weak spec since I really never played it, but I will keep your tips in my head thank you again Aevi.
Belevon

Postby Scry » 30 Jan 2014, 19:59

While it's useful to have the set bonuses for certain specs, it could be worth looking into how much time you spend shadow and how much time you spend healing.
If they want you to swing heals for 75% of the time, I'd say get the heal 2 set first and then go shadow set, or reverse it if you play shadow more.
If it's about even, I would agree with Aevi and go with the shadow set first because for me it's easier to step into a healer role with less gear than it is to play shadow with healer gear.

The problem with having to be a multi-spec raider (As I was in ToT) is that you're rarely going to be optimal in both specs and you'll need to prioritise which is your preferred spec and then work your second spec around it. That means a lot of careful reforging every time you get an upgrade. -_-

I've found that because I main shadow, my poor disc set is not the greatest and it's got a stupidly high amount of haste in it, but it hurts when we're on prog and I have crappy reforging/gemming because I refoged out of all my spirit and gemmed a lot of expertise gems.

Fingers crossed you get a lot of items that can be used to separate your sets and the loot gods love you enough to give you enough tokens for multi set bonuses.
Scry
Donor

Postby Belevon » 04 Feb 2014, 13:09

Thanks for your help Scry. Seems like a lot of work being multi spec'ed raider. And as for the loot gods yeah they don’t like me much :p so your info is valuable to me. Thanks again Scry.
Belevon

Return to General Chat