HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Black blood of Y´shaarj for disc priest

For the things that don't fit elsewhere!

by shinbou » 08 Dec 2013, 09:17

Hi, First time poster and long time reader.

I was posting on the eu wow forums giving a disc priest advice. Here i mentioned about the amp and blackfuse trinket being BiS. Where another disc priest replied the garrosh trinket would overtake the blackfuse as nobody wants regen trinket.

Now don´t get me wrong, i don´t think any healer should take this trinket over a dps. I also think the more regen the more spirit you can lose. But if they would win it (nobody wants/coin roll) would any of you take it over the blackfuse trinket?

To me it doesn´t seem worth it cause of the pure haste stats (even after reforging to crit) and the int proc would seem unreliable and might need consistant dps to get a good proc time. I also never seen any priest except her/him wear it, even the top guilds.

But it did leave me wondering as i know a nice amount about disc priest but im nowhere near an expert. And i am wondering what others say about this.
shinbou

by Lakita » 08 Dec 2013, 10:44

Personally im using both the healing amp trinket, and the dps amp trinket, they do actually stack together and the huge amount of bonus crit damage / healing is crazy good, the only issue is the dps amp trinket won't proc the intellect... Unless you melee hit the boss :P which i guess could be seen as decent as you get the int when you want it so to speak
Lakita

by Valaria » 08 Dec 2013, 13:40

Yes I would certainly take a Black blood of Y'shaarj over an equal level Blackfuse trinket.
Valaria

by shinbou » 09 Dec 2013, 03:54

Lakita wrote:Personally im using both the healing amp trinket, and the dps amp trinket, they do actually stack together and the huge amount of bonus crit damage / healing is crazy good, the only issue is the dps amp trinket won't proc the intellect... Unless you melee hit the boss :P which i guess could be seen as decent as you get the int when you want it so to speak

The crit dmg is nice but you probably gain way to much spirit? I think you will also miss out on a nice proc. And blacfuse will give static crit from the int and very nice mana regen.

Valaria wrote:Yes I would certainly take a Black blood of Y'shaarj over an equal level Blackfuse trinket.

Can you state why its better then blacfuse?

Some more replies on this would be appriciated aswell. I know i wont get my hands on it for a while as my guild is progressing on Garrosh normal and dps will have first prio.
shinbou

by Valaria » 09 Dec 2013, 05:14

It isn't clearly better but for me personally it would be.

On most fights (at least in 10 man) I spend a significant amount of time atonement healing, for which it isn't as bad to have temporary int buffs compared to static int.
Also as disc you will likely find those same fights very mana inintensive, meaning it will not necessarily be easy based on which items you have to get your spirit low enough to not waste any of the blackfuse trinket procc. So far (only being 10/14HC) I'd feel good about the regen on heroic Malkorok and would have a use for it on General Nazgrim. On the other fights it would let me steal more healing from the other healers but wouldn't make the fights any safer or let me deal more damage.

I do have the luxury of very capable healing buddies though so I get to push more atonement than might be normal.
That said if you already have the samophlange even if you are wasting Spirit its a very reasonable trinket and its not worth to try and compete for a BBoY ontop of it with anyone else.
Valaria

by Sacer » 11 Dec 2013, 12:18

If Black Blood of Y'Shaarj is anything like Purified Bindings of Immerseus, then the int proc won't proc while you're in a healer spec (except maybe off melee attacks). Check that person's logs. See if it procs for them. My guess is it doesn't.

So let's say Black Blood of Y'Shaarj doesn't proc while you're in a healer spec and Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity's regen proc doesn't mean anything to you. Then you're simply comparing the static stats of the two. In my opinion as a disc priest 1959 int is much more valuable than 1959 haste. PLUS I get an awesome regen proc which supports me gemming full crit and reforging all my spirit to crit and mastery.

I'm still not sure what my opinion is of Purified Bindings of Immerseus for healing. Obviously the static amp is sick. But you miss out on a lot of stats using only half the trinket.

Yu'lon's Bite is a very attractive consideration as well if you have the time to farm it up.

TL;DR: I wouldn't use it.
Sacer <OBSCURE REFERENCE> - Warcraft Logs - Pro Raiders - 14/14 H Disc PoV Videos
The priest community is very active on twitter, follow me @SacerH2P.
Sacer

by Valaria » 12 Dec 2013, 14:55

I found something rather strange when testing how Prismatic Prison of Pride stacks with Purified Bindings of Immerseus for the passive part. My Prison is HCWF where as my Bindings are just heroic. But what I noticed was that if I equipped the higher ilvl one first and then the other one, followed by unequipping the lower ilvl one my stats would remain boosted as if I was wearing the higher ilvl one(instead of the lower one, not as if I was wearing both). At first I thought this was just a display error but after testing with a haste amount where the ~9% stat boost would push me over 18200 haste whilst the ~8.67 left me under I was able to get the bonus ticks for my VT with the lower level trinket equipped if I first equipped both simultaneously and then unequipped the low lvl one.
Valaria

by chopper » 13 Dec 2013, 15:28

If Black Blood of Y'Shaarj is anything like Purified Bindings of Immerseus, then the int proc won't proc while you're in a healer spec

I've tested the Black Blood trinket in PTR a few minutes ago on a target dummy and can confirm the trinket definitely procs from atonement.

Testing this trinket was fun and presents possibilities for example popping Halo near the end of the buff and you have 23.5k int + approx 10% extra crit from int. I saw some nice numbers. With our mysticism passive, raid 5% int stat buff, and 10% raid sp buff, all up an extra 28.5k spell power during that last second of the trinket buff.

One thing I did notice during testing, it appears Halo doesn't snapshot the int proc at cast. If you cast Halo just before the trinket buff expires, say during the 10th sec, and the trinket buff drops whilst the Halo field is expanding, the healing/dps numbers seem not to include the proc, so if you are going to cast Halo, do it around the 7s mark.

I would love this trinket on my main to play with, but our raid group has to get Garrosh down first. We are at 11/12 :(

I think Disc priests should consider this trinket as an alternate throughput trinket, it definitely has potential to pull big numbers but big numbers will mean naught if it only results in big overheals.

My thoughts only

choppa
I see, as in a map, the end of All!
chopper

by Melf » 08 Jan 2014, 22:50

Testing this trinket was fun and presents possibilities for example popping Halo near the end of the buff and you have 23.5k int + approx 10% extra crit from int. I saw some nice numbers. With our mysticism passive, raid 5% int stat buff, and 10% raid sp buff, all up an extra 28.5k spell power during that last second of the trinket buff.

very nice argument indeed. but what if your whole raid party already dead when you cast it (halo), as you wait for the trinket to procc, and worst.. at the end of it.

we (healers) DO NOT need INT procc trinkets as it make us to consistantly WAIT for the procc. if amp trinket as BIS has INT procc, consider it as BONUS.
Melf

by Jonas » 12 Mar 2014, 03:51

Hi,

Unless you're just playing around on farm I personally see no point in using this trinket.

1. Haste does very little for you as disc. It's the stat you always want to avoid as much as you can. So you would basically be throwing away a flat 2k intellect for a stat that doesn't benefit you in any way. The only reason I can see for getting more haste is because it's fun, and it makes farm less boring.

2. Your purpose in raids is being a mitigation healer. Throughput healing and over healing doesn't benefit your raid, strong shields do. You need as much Crit and Mastery as you can get. Running with a regen trinket allows you to get more of those than you would otherwise.

3. You can't set up your gameplay around an intellect proc. It's too difficult to control when it's going to proc, and you need to be able to react to bursty damage when it's appropriate. I will always go for something that's reliable, rather than anything else. Consistency over rng, any day of the week.

Just can't see how this would be more beneficial compared to the alternatives. Also, at the end of the day theories aren't worth a whole lot if there's no logs to support them.
Jonas

Next

Return to General Holy & Disc Discussion