< /br>< /br>< /br>

CoP vs AS help; CM theorytalk

PvE discussion for raiding & dungeon tactics, tips, and gear.

CoP vs AS help; CM theorytalk

Postby Darumaka » 22 Nov 2014, 22:15

I've been playing a shadow priest since vanilla WoW...and I can honestly say this is the first time I've been more than confused. I have already looked at Drye's amazing post that breaks down the bits and pieces of the new shadow priest abilities, gearing choices, stat priorities, etc.

However...I'm still at a loss as to what's more feasible in terms of Auspicious Spirits vs. Clarity of Power. Is one better than the other? Or do they sim close so it's negligible? (For raiding purpose, I can't imagine it would be viable having to switch talents and be subpar because of poor stat itemization in the new spec with former talent's gearset.)

In a similar vein, what do you guys consider best for CMs? So many of the pulls are big AoE packs and I literally cannot find a group for golds because our AoE seems to be garbage atm. I've tried multidotting with AS but it's incomparable to any other class (I think the only AoE worse than our atm is ele shamans) and Mind Sear is just as bad. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Darumaka

Re: CoP vs AS help; CM theorytalk

Postby raducx » 26 Nov 2014, 23:29

Id appreciate an answer to this thread, because im switching from AS to CoP ever single day. Which one should i use in CMS? E.g. dyre Is going cop und Viklund AS. Does it depend on the dungeon? I feel like with more movement CoP Is rasier to execute
raducx

Postby Hygeia » 26 Nov 2014, 23:47

We don't yet have high enough crit rating to properly support AS and probably won't until Blackrock Foundry. You'll never have it in Challenge Modes. CoP is really the only thing to use right now, especially in CMs.

Golds are still doable, you just have to find a group willing to try hard enough to get them. Everyone running now is just running flavor-of-the-expansion classes so they don't actually have to try. The alternative is just waiting until the first tuning passes happen and hoping it makes us more viable.
Hygeia

Postby Zereges » 27 Nov 2014, 03:40

Since everyone has ~635 iLvl, AS (due to lack of Critical strike) is waste, even on trash fights.
Ydienn <Ekirei> of Drak'Thul
Zereges

Postby vampz » 27 Nov 2014, 08:41

AS will probably never be viable inside CMs because you're gear is squished, so your crit is really really low and is limited procs.

MAYBE if you pulled fucking EVERYTHING in 1 go and pained and DPd all of it, then it might be worth it.
Even then its pretty RNG to hope for crits to get the orb.

Tldr: take CoP
mindsear on targets with no dots
shadow in CM was never that good - probably won't be for fast times.
Vampz | Impetus, US-Korgath. Recruiting exceptional players | Vampz's random videos
"Up shit's creek without a paddle in a plastic rowboat."
vampz
Donor

Postby ibprofin » 01 Dec 2014, 15:22

Is there a hard breakpoint for when I have enough crit to switch to AS? I cant seem to find that answer anywhere.
ibprofin

Postby vampz » 02 Dec 2014, 00:08

ibprofin wrote:Is there a hard breakpoint for when I have enough crit to switch to AS? I cant seem to find that answer anywhere.

5% crit if you're a god
Vampz | Impetus, US-Korgath. Recruiting exceptional players | Vampz's random videos
"Up shit's creek without a paddle in a plastic rowboat."
vampz
Donor

Postby Blackmorgrim » 02 Dec 2014, 12:45

I'd say 20% crit at minimum would be a good showing for AS. Just keep in mind that the higher your crit, the less mastery is worth for AS.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby kickedtripod » 03 Dec 2014, 07:23

I believe right now AS beats of CoP only on fights with 3-4 mobs as there enough ticks of dots going on to get a decent AS flow. You may find some spec switching even at these low levels. However, overall, and right now, CoP (if you can handle the rotation and priority system) is a pretty significant gain for most any fight. At the same time, at more mobs, I wouldn't completely call it a "waste."
kickedtripod

Postby yiddy » 04 Dec 2014, 16:53

Did 8/8 Gold as shadow, never used AS at any point.
yiddy

Return to Raids & Dungeons