< /br>< /br>< /br>

576 shadow offspec (needs refresher)

Post here if you need help with gear or dps.

576 shadow offspec (needs refresher)

Postby rikapi » 07 Jun 2014, 19:45

My guild recently got 3 new healer trials, and with the other incumbent priest healer being D/H, I figured I'd dust the cobwebs off my offspec in case the raid calls for it.

armory > http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... i/advanced
(Since I don't share gear with my main disc set, it will be a while before I can upgrade anything.)

log > http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nMvXCP8FkLadtrGj/
(ran a LFR MSV1 just now - was fun tanking half of Gara'jal @_@)

I have a few questions:
1) I read here that ilvl550+ should go expertise in reds. However, when I went to AMR earlier today, its optimizer told me to replace all expertise gems with int gems. Which is better in the long run?
2) I'm currently wearing normal BBoY as my 2nd trinket, but also have a heroic Totem (2/4 so ilvl574). Should I swap BBoY out for Totem?
3) I feel like I'm not cramming in enough MB/VT casts, mostly because I start MF at the wrong time. Is it better to clip MF (or spam SWP/not cast anything) when it's very close to VT refresh time / MB coming off cd?
4) If there's anything else I derped on, including using outdated tactics, please let me know; it's been a while since I seriously looked at shadow stuff.

Thanks! <3
rikapi

Re: 576 shadow offspec (needs refresher)

Postby Charuo » 07 Jun 2014, 20:47

You only use exp gems if you are under hit cap because you get more stats overall. You are way over hit cap so exp gems are 100% wasted stats. Use Int/haste instead.

Use h ktt for sure. It is better and easier to use.

Do you have a cast bar more that shows mf ticks? If not, get one. You can clip mf after two ticks for any other spell. Don't be afraid to refresh dots a bit early if it helps fit your spells in.

Can't help with logs. Posting from phone.
Charuo
MVP

Return to Gear Check/Fix Me