< /br>< /br>< /br>

582 SP starting Thok HC Progression

582 SP starting Thok HC Progression

Postby AndrewJay » 01 Sep 2014, 07:10

Hey

So we have started HC Thok, and my dps is much lower than the rest of the raid,

i Currently run 4pc + 17600 haste (i'm goblin) then Mastery > Crit

Normal i spec FDCL + DI or SW:I + DI with either cascade halo or DS depending on the fight.

on Thok i'll use DS

But i was wondering if there are any other changes/recommendations for this fight, like 2set better or drop to 41.8% haste and got crit=mastery really just want to fnd out how i can get my dps a little better

Cheers

Ponó

Armory => http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Ponó/simple
AndrewJay

Re: 582 SP starting Thok HC Progression

Postby Shardstorm » 01 Sep 2014, 18:12

I've never DPS'd HC Thok, only healed it, so take this with a grain of salt. But I always had best results on Normal Thok with FDCL over SW:I. Now, GCD and Mastery over Crit both favour SW:I. So it comes down to if you're able to use Insanity properly. If you're struggling to get good casts out (like if there's a pissed of dinosaur interrupting you every 2nd to 3rd GCD) you'll probably find FDCL, the goblin equivalent to 14,873, and balanced Master/Crit to be the way to go.

Also, keep in mind DS is actually a DPS loss, but the healing gain is excellent. So don't beat yourself up, you're doing more to get the raid through what is a healing check fight.
Shardstorm

Postby Charuo » 02 Sep 2014, 05:59

Some logs would help us help you.
Charuo
MVP

Postby AndrewJay » 02 Sep 2014, 09:05

Here are the logs from a fight i was in on

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c ... boss=71529

Thank you :)
AndrewJay

Postby Charuo » 02 Sep 2014, 10:13

On gear, I would go crit = mastery rating.

In your logs, looking at try 3 since it is long, and only before your death. For you, this was a FDCL pull.

First on healing:
-PoM is not bad, especially when you need to use an instant due to incoming screech. Glyph it or don't, either way it'll provide a decent amount of healing. (I prefer not because DP keeps spriests up well enough, and raid healing is often better than tank healing).
-PWS on yourself is not a waste of a GCD either, especially as screech comes faster.
-you have a warlock in raid, but no healthstone usage. :(

-Dmg:
-MB at 8.Xs intervals, pretty good.
-SWP uptime good, VT could use some improvement
-FDCL vs SWI. You got ~6.1m dmg from mind spike (maybe hindered by low VT uptime). Your average MF tick is 181k (this seems high to me; according to your logs every single MF tick procced a mastery tick), let's use 125k to be conservative. You would need roughly 45-50 SWI ticks to match your FDCL damage. You cast 9 DPs during the fight, so you would need to find 5-6 ticks or 2 full GCD of SWI per DP to break even. For me, I would choose SWI. You'll get at least 1-2 good SWI on pull when he is barely screeching, and should also get a few good ones in during transition against Thok or the gatekeepers.

ninja edit:
I noticed that you seem to be hitting every bat with SWP. Depending on how fast you kill them, it is probably a waste of GCDs, and putting up that many SWP is going to GCD cap you trying to deal with DI procs too.
Charuo
MVP

Return to Everything Else Archive