< /br>< /br>< /br>

Lightwell

Lightwell

Postby Ashleycakez » 22 Feb 2011, 13:48

Most of my guild members are pretty good about using this in raids. Some, however, still refuse to touch it. When confronted they claim that they clicked it but logs tell otherwise.

I got in trouble for blabbing in vent all the time to click the Lightwell. I switched to a macro announce when I drop it.

Pretty sure if I make a macro to /y or /s CLICK THE LIGHTWELL! and hit it too often that it will have the same (annoying) effect.

How do you get your guild members to remember to click the Lightwell during incoming damage?

Do all your raiders click the Lightwell? Or do you still find those defiant few when reviewing your logs that simply do not notice a bright glowing thing sitting in front of them.

I don't expect heavy usage in a random heroic with PuGs. Hell, if I see it show up on Grid in a random H I get all excited and thank the people who are (correctly) using Lightwell.

/sigh frustration!
Ashleycakez || <Seraphim> || Stream || Priest Healing Tips
<Seraphim> is recruiting! 10 man mature raiding
11/16H T14 & 13/13H T15 & 14/14H T16
Ashleycakez

Re: Lightwell

Postby Arlee » 22 Feb 2011, 15:28

When I go Holy I usually just remind them to use it on vent... though they seem pretty good about it for the most part... there are those times when stuff happens and the giant boss is being tanked right on it though... I think it's mostly my fault when that happens though :)
Arlee
Donor

Postby Ashleycakez » 22 Feb 2011, 16:35

I try to establish a standard of where it goes and place it in the same place every raid.

People still don't see it sometimes /facedesk
Ashleycakez

Postby possibry » 22 Feb 2011, 21:25

you get in trouble for telling people to use it? really??

we have people who still won't use it. but for the most part, if heavy dmg is going out, it gets used up fast. i trained them well. :D
possibry

Postby Star » 23 Feb 2011, 08:41

I made lots of posts on the forums about how Lightwell is a Holy Priest's best heal and if they don't use Lightwell they are pretty much wasting a healer spot. Then I just remind them on vent to use it in heavy damage phases.
Star

Postby Floaties » 23 Feb 2011, 10:54

It helps that our tank tells our raid to use the lightwell. People always listen to the tank >:D
~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~@.@)~
~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~ ~(^.^~) ~(^.^)~ (~^.^)~
Floaties

Postby Ashleycakez » 23 Feb 2011, 11:07

Our raid leader is vocal about using it. I feel like I'm still holding everyone's hand when I have to remind them.

I think after 10 weeks of raiding it should be a reflex >_>
Ashleycakez

Postby Nephelee » 23 Feb 2011, 13:10

I train my guildies during 5mans. Drop a Lightwell on 5man boss fights and tell them that you will be doing no healing (except on the tank) until Lightwell is gone. They learn fast.

Also something you may want to look into is the RSA addon. It is an addon for announcing your raid cooldowns. We like to announce things like Hymn of Hope / GS / PS / Divine Hymn in the healing channel. I have Lightwell configured to announce in raid when I drop it. I *believe* there is also an option to have RSA announce who has clicked Lightwell. I have this disabled, but it might be useful for you if people are arguing that they did click Lightwell.

More than anything, your dps need to realize that they deal no damage when they're dead. Our dps are usually calling out to each other to use a Lightwell when we are working on heroic raids- they eat it up like candy.
Nephelee

Postby Arlee » 23 Feb 2011, 13:57

As for "10 weeks of raiding"...lolwell was around for vanilla and the first two expansions. It's going to take some time for people to realize it isn't as crappy as it used to be.

I have to admit... I know it's good now and I tell everyone to use it... but deep down I still think of it as lolwell... 6 years of thinking an ability is crap doesn't go away very fast.
Arlee
Donor

Postby Ashleycakez » 23 Feb 2011, 14:24

I think people just forget it if I don't mention it. I did a bit of an experiment last week - only saying it was down via a macro.

After inspecting WoL I discovered that everyone did use it except 1 person the entire night. I also found out who uses it the least and who uses it the most (yay a tank used it a ton!!!).

I saw it get devoured on Al'Akir p2 last night as well but not so much in BoT. Its such a great heal during Halfus's roar!
Ashleycakez

Return to Holy & Disc Archive