HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Dot's disappering

For the things that don't fit elsewhere!

by Leida » 07 Sep 2012, 08:29

Has anyone noticed our dots just disappering off the targets. I ran lfr the other day and was watching mine and a another shadow priests dots just disappering from mobs and bosses even with more then half the duration remaining. Now i know i wasnt hitting mind spike with out the fdcl proc and i didnt think to ask the other priest what he/she was doing, but could either fdcl be broken and not working all the time or can our dots all be linked to where i dot and you spike and they disapper. I also havent noticed it in heroics or beating on the dummy.
Leida

by Sharindia » 07 Sep 2012, 08:32

This has happened for me as well. I never hardcast Mind Spike, but sometimes, after a FDCL proc, my dots disappear. My guess is, sometimes the game doesn't register FDLC proc as intended.
Sharindia

by Rubine » 07 Sep 2012, 08:53

If you have a DTR, then a FDCL Mind Spike can get proc'd. If you don't currently have another stack of the FDCL buff, the DTR proc'd Mind Spike will act as a normal Mind Spike and eat your dots.

If you don't have a DTR...then well, I have no idea WHAT is going on. Haha.
Rubine#1472
Rubine

by Leida » 07 Sep 2012, 09:06

wish i had dtr but i do not i have the normal tic-tac.
Leida

by Sharindia » 07 Sep 2012, 09:27

I have DTR :)
And for the love of .... FIX DTR ALREADY ... second mechanic that is broken due to DTR and ignorance ..
Sharindia

by Dahk » 07 Sep 2012, 09:30

Sharindia wrote:I have DTR :)
And for the love of .... FIX DTR ALREADY ... second mechanic that is broken due to DTR and ignorance ..

Don't worry you will replace it with a green in a few weeks... problem solved. :-p
Bill#1528
Dahk

by Sakamae » 07 Sep 2012, 13:56

Dahk wrote:

Don't worry you will replace it with a green in a few weeks... problem solved. :-p

The proc is disabled at 86 I think I remember reading? It won't be an issue for very much longer. Just wait until you have banked two MS procs and use it if you want to stick with FDCL. The DTR MS proc will consume the second charge if it happens. This way you won't lose your DoTs....or just use Mindbender for the next two weeks. Either way, it's not going to matter much in terms of DPS until MoP.
Sakamae

by Twintop » 07 Sep 2012, 14:27

Sakamae wrote:
Dahk wrote:

The proc is disabled at 86 I think I remember reading? It won't be an issue for very much longer. Just wait until you have banked two MS procs and use it if you want to stick with FDCL. The DTR MS proc will consume the second charge if it happens. This way you won't lose your DoTs....or just use Mindbender for the next two weeks. Either way, it's not going to matter much in terms of DPS until MoP.

Something like that...I think that the proc chance drops by 1% per level after 85 until it is 0% at 90? It might be your target's level that determines what proc % drop occurs.
Twintop
Assistant Administrator

by Caewyn » 09 Sep 2012, 03:16

Rubine wrote:If you have a DTR, then a FDCL Mind Spike can get proc'd. If you don't currently have another stack of the FDCL buff, the DTR proc'd Mind Spike will act as a normal Mind Spike and eat your dots.

Oh that's good to know haha, I thought it might be the case but I noticed in raid tonight that my DoTs just disappeared and couldn't figure out why lol
Caewyn

by Darkwich » 13 Sep 2012, 15:22

Rubine wrote:If you have a DTR, then a FDCL Mind Spike can get proc'd. If you don't currently have another stack of the FDCL buff, the DTR proc'd Mind Spike will act as a normal Mind Spike and eat your dots.

I think that might be what happened in my case but I'm not 100% sure. More testing required.
Darkwich

Next

Return to General Shadow Discussion