< /br>< /br>< /br>

[H2P] Heroic Raiding: Talent Choices (25 man-T15)

Re: [H2P] Heroic Raiding: Talent Choices (25 man)

Postby Ariadne » 19 Nov 2012, 17:22

What is fourth platform? Do you mean phase 2? You can use three Shadowfiends in the fight. You will always hold off the last for lust. So you will get a lusted Shadowfiend with pots and stuff.

The amount of times I use FDCL when needing to move is absurd in this fight. That alone makes it better than Mindbender for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW_FOENws98

Wind Lord: Maybe you're right. I guess big procs into boss is nice. Does Mind Spike have higher DPET than dots with Recklessness debuff? I just don't see me having time for many Mind Spikes between refreshing dots on boss, keeping SWD on cooldown on off target to proc orb and use DPs and keep a dot up to proc ToF. I understand that it is heroic. Here's my log at least, pretty big damage regardless:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tdmo ... &e=2704#Ar
Last edited by Ariadne on 19 Nov 2012, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
Ariadne

Postby Drye » 19 Nov 2012, 17:35

I'll test out FDCL this coming week on vizier and see how it plays out. Also, very interesting unit frames.
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Postby worldboss » 20 Nov 2012, 13:59

Not to derail the thread, but I really like those unit frames, very nice and clean.
worldboss
Banned

Postby Drye » 20 Nov 2012, 19:03

After this weeks vizeir, I agree on the FDCL. The amount of procs you get compared to spamming sw;P is superior to MB. I updated the OP.
Drye

Postby Koilie » 01 Dec 2012, 08:14

Well progression is over. For me :-p

Therefore I will most likely be basing future talent recommendations around Maximizing damage potential in many cases with little to no regard for raid utility.

Here are the talents I used for Terrace progression.

Protectors (Non-Elite)
*Note I was part of a "kill squad" which was full time on adds the entirety of the fight. Was also mass dispelling Lightning Prison and maintaining full DoTs on the primary kill target. Occasional VTs to ineffective targets for Mana regen only, not to milk procs.

FDCL
ToF
Divine Star (Center Stack strat, so this may vary)

Mass Dispel Glyph, MSpike Glyph

Tsulong

Bender
ToF
Cascade

Dark Binding (to renew tsulong afer breaths mainly), Mass dispel (for terrorize) Mind flay (ideal for short movements to avoid nightmares)

Lei Shi
*note I am on scary fog duty in this so my movement is excessive even for this fight, these talents will probably be pretty standard regardless.

Bender or FDCL - Doing scary fog it is useful to have pet being a larger portion of your damage to allow more focus on your primary job. Most shoudln't need to worry about this.

Divine Insight

Divine Star - Lots of movement, lots of stacking, lots of close quarters action.

Sha of Fear
Mind Flay glyph is great for this fight<<< Moving from Penetrating Bolts and grabbing Orbs in p1 and for water spouts in P2

Pushing P2!
Normal Strat
FDCL or Bender depending on your platform DPS. Bender Burst can be a big help.

ToF or DI - You can keep ToF up decently while killing terrors, but I prefer DI for P1 progression.

Halo

Zerg Strat (Not killing Terrors)
FDCL
DI
Halo

Once you have pushed p2 and are progressing on the second half of the fight. The real fight.

FDCL - Glyphed MS
ToF
Cascade - Halo works well but positional requirements and constant re positioning in P2 will more likely cause a loss in DPS when attampting to maximize it.

Once you have Lei's Hope buff most strats will favor zerging P1 each time to get back to P2 progression. Cascade will be of limited use, but is an excellent GCD filler as you wil be moving so much toward the latter end of the phase to dodge Pbolts that you will not always have another instant available.
Koilie
MVP

Postby Koilie » 01 Dec 2012, 08:24

This just in...

Divine Star now deals 40% more damage and 133% more healing, and its radius has been reduced by 33%.
Koilie
MVP

Postby Blackmorgrim » 01 Dec 2012, 10:23

Its actually a little surprising to see the damage it does now, places it well above cascade for single target, and closer to Halo, but less positioning required.

Probably the go to spell for smaller frequent packs, or for any fight where additional healing is needed (the shadow healing was OP before...)

Probably the ideal spell for 5 mans.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Drye » 01 Dec 2012, 15:19

I've updated the OP with terrace.
Drye

Postby aica » 01 Dec 2012, 18:04

Drye wrote:I've updated the OP with terrace.
Which adds can get rooted? I'm pretty sure we tested the Nights, and they couldn't be.
{[( )]}
aica

Postby Wildcard » 06 Dec 2012, 22:03

I've been looking for talent choices for normal HoF and Terrace. This is the only thread I've seen that has those bosses. Are these talent choices optimal for normal also?
Wildcard

Return to Shadow Archive