< /br>< /br>< /br>

UVLS nerfed to Shadow?

For the things that don't fit elsewhere!

UVLS nerfed to Shadow?

Postby Mascara » 01 Oct 2013, 00:14

I know they nerfed UVLS on warlocks. But not Shadows.

After that nerf, is it me or am I seeing right now my UVLS procs has fell significantly.

Can someone confirm this.
Mascara

Re: UVLS nerfed to Shadow?

Postby Hygeia » 01 Oct 2013, 03:48

Been using H TF UVLS since 5.4 launch, no change at all that I've noticed. Anything below heroic is awful, though. Replace asap
Hygeia

Postby Mascara » 01 Oct 2013, 03:53

Still using normal UVLS no luck with Heroic version. Could be it.

Thanks!
Mascara

Postby Woaden » 01 Oct 2013, 04:18

UVLS's proc rate was reduced while the proc rate of other trinkets like Wooshlay's was buffed making it a weaker trinket relative to other choices.
Woaden

Postby Hygeia » 01 Oct 2013, 04:57

Woaden wrote:UVLS's proc rate was reduced while the proc rate of other trinkets like Wooshlay's was buffed making it a weaker trinket relative to other choices.

All the Intellect trinkets with 20s procs were changed from 20s proc duration to 10s proc duration and the RPPM was roughly doubled. That's not exactly "buffed" that's just "nerfed less than UVLS" since UVLS got hit with the haste+budget --> budget only RPPM nerf, and then raised slightly to accommodate for the change (.53 --> .58 rppm). I would really like to see an analysis of this but way out of my league. H / H TF UVLS is still very strong. Normal, not so much because just about any trinket from SoO will be better.

If crit becomes out best secondary with the new adjustments, does that make UVLS stronger, too?
Hygeia

Postby Woaden » 01 Oct 2013, 05:17

The uptime on Wooshlay's after 5.4 is an obscene buff from the 5.2/5.3 version.

I'm hesitant to claim anything about UVLS between 5.4 bugged Sims -> fresh 5.4 Sims post-bug fix. Twintop may feel confident enough to reply on the matter, but I will wait for the 'final' word on it lest I lead anyone astray.
Woaden

Postby BGO » 01 Oct 2013, 10:20

so I just want to make sure I understand whats up...

only the heroic uvls is worth using now? I have other t15 normal trinks in my bags, should I use them now instead of normal uvls?
BGO

Postby Hygeia » 01 Oct 2013, 10:53

BGO wrote:so I just want to make sure I understand whats up...

only the heroic uvls is worth using now? I have other t15 normal trinks in my bags, should I use them now instead of normal uvls?

Yes, use the other normal mode trinkets instead of UVLS. The lower ilvl UVLS you have the worse it is and the better anything else looks by comparison. I have no math to backup that H+ UVLS is "worth using", only my experience. I feel like it's being greatly undervalued because of the rppm changes *shrug*.
Hygeia

Postby Charuo » 01 Oct 2013, 11:05

BGO wrote:so I just want to make sure I understand whats up...

That's what some people are saying, however, I don't think it is such an easy choice. There are other things to take into account.

Are you using 2pT15? It significantly increases the value of UVLS, and 2pT15+UVLS make a nice package that will change your rotation (a bit). If you are holding onto this package, then the T15-era reforge of mastery>crit might be for you.

Are you using 2pT16? If so, crit begins to improve in value, and chan-ye's trinket might be better with its static crit increase.

Are you using 2pT15 + 2pT16? If so, you've got even more to consider.

Are you swimming in hit like everyone else that I know? If so, wushooley's really sucks.

Also, the top theorycrafters are refining their gear recommendations right now, and the outcome of that might affect which trinkets we think are best.

Finally, I am still personally using BotH(N-TF-2/2) and UVLS(N-2/2), because I have no other trinket options. My UVLS proc rate went from about 1.1-1.15 per minute in 5.3 to about 0.9-0.95 per minute in 5.4 (based on data from about 4 weeks of boss kills). The proc rate has been nerfed, but is not as bad as some other posters are making it out to be. BotH is great because of the static haste, which I still need (wtb amp trinket!)

So, in my opinion, the 'best' T15 trinkets are not clear cut choices and depend on your other gear, and probably also depends on the outcome of the latest theorycrafting that is happening right now.
Charuo
MVP

Postby Hygeia » 01 Oct 2013, 11:31

Nicely said.
Hygeia

Return to General Shadow Discussion