< /br>< /br>< /br>

Shadow priest hit cap with Purified Bindings.

Shadow priest hit cap with Purified Bindings.

Postby Saphris » 29 Sep 2013, 01:45

We all know that Purified Bindings of Immerseus are awesome. It also makes spirit 8% better than raw hit rating. Which is pretty cool right?

Now I've ran into some reforge issues because of Bindings of Immerseus. As we all know ReforgeLite hasn't been updated to implement it yet (although the curse site has said that it will be for weeks now). In one of the many guides here it was said "just take hit cap, divide by 108, multiply by 100, then unequip Bindings and reforge". Which made sense to me, but it didn't give me the values I calculated no matter how often I did it.

So I did a little digging. Turns out that the percentages on the tooltip are rounded. 2/2 warforged bindings give 7.9764%, not 8.

Source: Source

Still I didn't get the numbers I wanted.

Then I noticed that the tooltip for our passive talent that gives us hit from spirit states "spirit gained from items and effects"... Logically that excludes our base spirit, but includes the percentage we gain on top of our base spirit because of the bindings. I just assume ReforgeLite took this into account when we just reforged to "hit cap" before, but now that it's needed to do it manually...

All this led me to the following formula, and I would appreciate it if someone with a bigger knack for math could have a look at it:

Spirit to reforge to

In words:

You take the hit cap (5100).
Substract what hit rating you cannot reforge away to anything else.
Substract the amount of spirit you gain from your Bindings multiplying your base spirit (base spirit itself is not converted to hit, but the percentage is).

You now have the amount of spirit you need to reach hit cap.

Divide this by 100 + ~8. Then multiply by 100.

You now have the amount of spirit you need from items without having Bindings equipped, to reach hit cap with Bindings equipped.

Add the base spirit to this, and you have the amount you need to reforge to.

So I know this a bit of nitpicking and an overt attention to detail, but am I right here?
Saphris

Re: Shadow priest hit cap with Purified Bindings.

Postby Woaden » 29 Sep 2013, 02:41

Wait like a day, Spinalcrack is putting the finishing touches on something for this.
Woaden

Postby Saphris » 29 Sep 2013, 03:03

Cool, but a simple excel sheet will do for this, just wondering if I figured it out okay XD.

Will wait a few days to see then :).
Saphris

Postby Spinalcrack » 29 Sep 2013, 19:29

Woaden wrote:Wait like a day, Spinalcrack is putting the finishing touches on something for this.

http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?p=41208#p41208
Spinalcrack

Return to Shadow Archive