< /br>< /br>< /br>

Stat priority?

For the things that don't fit elsewhere!

Re: Stat priority?

Postby Drye » 26 Nov 2014, 19:39

Kayisa wrote:In short, why is Multistrike at a higher stat weight than crit & mastery, yet it is at the bottom of the list?
I've read that guide and it goes haste haste haste haste haste all haste everything in the world haste, yet he has Crit Haste gear as BiS, with MS at a higher priority than Crit but lower on his list.

Uhhhh...hello? They're not in numerical order... I'm not sure what's so confusing. You've posted the stat weights multiple times. What's so hard for you to comprehend?
Stream: twitch.tv/Dryelulz
Hit me up on twitter @DryeLulz
Drye

Postby vampz » 26 Nov 2014, 19:45

OP has OCD
Vampz | Impetus, US-Korgath. Recruiting exceptional players | Vampz's random videos
"Up shit's creek without a paddle in a plastic rowboat."
vampz
Donor

Postby Kayisa » 26 Nov 2014, 19:52

Drye wrote:
Kayisa wrote:In short, why is Multistrike at a higher stat weight than crit & mastery, yet it is at the bottom of the list?
I've read that guide and it goes haste haste haste haste haste all haste everything in the world haste, yet he has Crit Haste gear as BiS, with MS at a higher priority than Crit but lower on his list.

Uhhhh...hello? They're not in numerical order... I'm not sure what's so confusing. You've posted the stat weights multiple times. What's so hard for you to comprehend?

Well, first off you don't need to be as rude as you were right there.

2nd off, other sites do not post stat weights. They just say a priority, so it does get a bit confusing when this site shows a different priority but with stat weights.

I posted to clear it up, not get get talked down to.
Kayisa

Postby Shardstorm » 26 Nov 2014, 19:57

• Int = 1.0000
  • Spell Power = 0.8820
  • Crit = 0.5522
  • Haste = 0.5796
  • Mastery = 0.5210
  • Multistrike = 0.5749
  • Versatility = 0.4863
  • DPS (Pure Damage) = 0.1572

Well now. C -> H -> Ma -> Mu -> V.

Secondary stats are set up in alphabetical order. I can understand that wouldn't necessarily be super apparent to someone who doesn't use the English alphabet all the time, but we're all typing in English so I'd hope we're across it. This would be, I assume, to stop needing to jumble them up each time the weights changed between the 4 Lists (Averaged, CoP, VE, AS). So yeah. Turns out we'll give people the information, but we will expect them to make some logic leaps by themselves. The expectation is still there that people can work the basics out.

Other sites not posting the stat weights tells you a lot about them really. Stat weights aren't something you can take and put on your specific gear and say 'perfect!' but the meaning between two stats being .002 different and one being just above the other on a list is pretty big. We give you the information, but we have to trust you know how to use it.
Shardstorm

Postby Drye » 26 Nov 2014, 20:04

Kayisa wrote:
Drye wrote:

Well, first off you don't need to be as rude as you were right there.

2nd off, other sites do not post stat weights. They just say a priority, so it does get a bit confusing when this site shows a different priority but with stat weights.

I posted to clear it up, not get get talked down to.

Please. Don't act like you haven't been snide to every individual here who has posted to try and help you. It's not their fault you don't know that 2 is greater than 1.
Drye

Postby Kayisa » 26 Nov 2014, 20:08

Shardstorm wrote:Secondary stats are set up in alphabetical order. I can understand that wouldn't necessarily be super apparent to someone who doesn't use the English alphabet all the time, but we're all typing in English so I'd hope we're across it.

Now that you've gotten your little assholeness out, maybe you can explain why it's a hassle to actually put them in order of priority instead of making people go down a list to find the greater number and repeat?

Someone just glancing at it sees Int/Spellpower on top, which is almost always going to be the top of the priority. You see Int/spellpower at top and figure, "oh. If that's first, that must be the start the priority, so lets just go down the list."

Nope, now you have to apparently look at numbers to the hundredths and thousandths place in order to figure out your priority instead of just putting it in the stat weight order.

There is a reason why AMR rearranges the custom weights due to increased number input.

Drye wrote:Please. Don't act like you haven't been snide to every individual here who has posted to try and help you. It's not their fault you don't know that 2 is greater than 1.

I haven't been snide at all. People have been posting sarcastic bull crap since I created the thread, and talking in an assholeish way like yourself and the post above you.

If you go back to the first page, 3rd post, Expire has also had the same problem.
Expire wrote:What's weird to me is that supposedly Twintop did the stat priorities here and on Icy-Veins, so why do they differ?

^Source of the confusion
Kayisa

Postby arnoldlol » 26 Nov 2014, 20:22

I'm really not sure what the problem is to be honest. Question has been answered multiple times. If you're looking for more wordy explanations, that thread had 10 or 11 pages last time I checked it.

The source of the confusion is resolved by the first thing that pops up when you click the linked guide I posted. It was also quoted here, again, but was dismissed? We really can't force you to read, but everything you've asked has been answered.

I'll give it another go in my own words: Twintop is the sim master, he's provided stat weights for IV and H2P. IV stat priorities are based on patchwerk fights, which don't exist in Highmaul/Foundry. Therefore, the numbers that are provided here in Drye's guide are as ideal as they get because they average the top two talents (AS+CoP) in addition to the different types of fights. These numbers will give you the best results overall. I really recommend you read through the established threads here, and if you have any questions you can ask them there, specifically.
arnoldlol

Postby Drye » 26 Nov 2014, 20:24

Kayisa wrote:^Source of the confusion

Hmmm... You were linked right to the answer...

Drye wrote:Stat Priorities

- These Stat weights are not my own work. All of the work is done by Twintop. His work can be found here. The stat weights done here are taking the two best talent combinations of each type of fight and averaged together per lvl 100 talent. Twintop does the stat priority for Icyveins as well. The stat priority there is done by single target only, compared to every fight type as done here. And noxxic is just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, no clue how that's hard to comprehend. I'm locking this thread out of redundancy. The questions asked here have all been answered multiple times.
Drye

Postby Veiled » 26 Nov 2014, 22:03

If you come here and make a thread with replies that are snide, you will get snide responses in return. Your question has been answered and this thread is now locked. Good day.
I'm marrying my Sailor on 12/22/14! :')
Wedding Site: http://www.weddingwire.com/hargitt <3

-For Romaxton <3-
[personal twitter*] -- [site twitter] -- [facebook] -- [youtube]
*my tweets are my own and do not reflect H2P.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Return to General Shadow Discussion