< /br>< /br>< /br>

Likely rapture nerf

Likely rapture nerf

Postby derevka » 19 Dec 2012, 04:51

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status ... 1331828737

Overdue IMO. Then again, my latest post on the Blog said this as well. But yah.... Temp Spirit going into Rapture should NOT be the case.
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Re: Likely rapture nerf

Postby Cookie » 19 Dec 2012, 08:44

Fine change imo. I'm already starting to replace my spirit gems despite being in far from BiS gear and in the next tier I imagine that we'd start chosing pieces with crit+mastery over spirit if rapture stayed this way. This should also affect 25 man (where disc seems slightly stronger) more than 10 man which is a good thing.
Cookie

Postby Venaliter » 19 Dec 2012, 20:00

Venaliter wrote: @ Ghostcrwler I think you could safely remove Temp spirit buffs from Rapture perhaps lower DA to 40-45% without breaking things

Ghostcrawler wrote: @Venaliter Agree on Rapture - that's the problem. Not sure yet if DA or SS is the other problem. SS works very well with lots of mastery.

Venaliter wrote:I could live with Spirit Shell being an instant cast spell that shielded everyone for X, scaling with mastery.
Venaliter

Postby derevka » 19 Dec 2012, 20:09

Venaliter wrote:I could live with Spirit Shell being an instant cast spell that shielded everyone for X, scaling with mastery.
[/quote]

Ew no...
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Postby Venaliter » 19 Dec 2012, 20:19

derevka wrote:

Ew no...

Unimaginative, sure, but functional. If they need to differentiate it from Prayer of Healing/lessen it's impact, that's how. Unless you can think of something else?
Venaliter

Postby derevka » 19 Dec 2012, 21:17

We've disagreed on this before. I'm not going to rehash this again. I dont like this 'fix'. You're welcome to discuss it of course, but I still dont like it at all. Sorry. /shrug
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Postby Venaliter » 19 Dec 2012, 21:36

derevka wrote:We've disagreed on this before. I'm not going to rehash this again. I dont like this 'fix'. You're welcome to discuss it of course, but I still dont like it at all. Sorry. /shrug

I know you don't like it. Frankly, it's a mass power word: Shield. It may be dull compared to it's current implementation, but you know and I know it's going to get adjusted somehow when GC posts this:

Ghostcrawler wrote: May have said this earlier today, but SS feels too much like just a ++PoH and Rapture isn't supposed to be mana positive.

I believe he wants to differentiate it from Prayer of Healing. Honestly, I think he's right. So I admit my version isn't that exciting, but you still haven't offered yours ;-)
Venaliter

Postby Woaden » 20 Dec 2012, 09:20

PW:B was originally intended to be a mass PW:S back in Wrath when it was first discussed and they absolutely were not fans of that. I'd be surprised if they wanted to implement that sort of thing now.
Woaden
MVP

Postby Venaliter » 20 Dec 2012, 10:16

Woaden wrote:PW:B was originally intended to be a mass PW:S back in Wrath when it was first discussed and they absolutely were not fans of that. I'd be surprised if they wanted to implement that sort of thing now.

They built barrier, way back in..Was it Cataclysm?.. First as a bubble that absorbed X damage, divided among everyone inside it. Terrible spell. It didn't scale, was awkward to place, and didn't absorb enough. Not the same.
Venaliter

Postby Woaden » 20 Dec 2012, 12:44

Venaliter wrote: They built barrier, way back in..Was it Cataclysm?.. First as a bubble that absorbed X damage, divided among everyone inside it. Terrible spell. It didn't scale, was awkward to place, and didn't absorb enough. Not the same.

I'm not talking about Cata PW:B. I'm talking about Wrath PW:B. Yes, I know it didn't exist in Wrath but PW:B was an idea that got scrapped for Wrath because they felt that a Raid Wide PW:S was too strong even on a CD.

The idea evolved internally into what was implemented in Cata.

Basically what I'm saying is that your idea is an old one that Blizzard tried internally years ago and found it to be too powerful and essentially said "No" to PW:B in that form. So I'm guessing they wouldn't be keen on adding something like that in again.
Woaden
MVP

Return to Holy & Disc Archive