< /br>< /br>< /br>

Macro Help

Macro Help

Postby scrapsmoke » 28 Dec 2012, 00:02

Hi guys im just getting back to priest, and need a bit of help with my smite macro. I'm currently looking for a macro that will smite my targets target, but if im targetting an enemy it will simply smite them? Much appreciated if that's not possible could someone simple give me a modifier macro that will smite current target if shift +1 is pushed else if alt+1 is pushed smite targets target. Thanks alot in advance.
scrapsmoke

Re: Macro Help

Postby Stasis » 28 Dec 2012, 00:37

This should do what you're after:

Code: Select all
/cast [@target,harm][@targettarget,harm]Smite
Stasis

Postby adriann222 » 28 Dec 2012, 08:46

Can this Macro also be used with Holyfire, PW: Solace?

If so. you are the man!
adriann222

Postby Stasis » 28 Dec 2012, 14:53

Yeah, any offensive spell.

Personally, I always keep the Boss targeted and heal using mouseover macros with my raid frames.

I find it more organic that way. Lets me smite/hf/penance/dispel without needing additional considerations, and I feel more connected to the encounter.

I know a lot of people use a /target player /heal type set-up though.
Stasis

Postby Elvenbane » 29 Dec 2012, 02:09

I'd throw [] on the end of it so you get the smite icon (or whatever) when you're not targeting an enemy.

#showtooltip
/cast [harm] [@targettarget,harm] [] Smite

Can also add mouseover support if you're so inclined.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm] [harm] [@targettarget,harm] [] Smite
Elvenbane
Donor

Postby shadowwordp » 29 Dec 2012, 10:55

what is mouseover? just when you mouse over someone they get healed with a certain heal. sorry i play shadow alot
shadowwordp

Postby Stasis » 29 Dec 2012, 14:40

shadowwordp wrote:what is mouseover? just when you mouse over someone they get healed with a certain heal. sorry i play shadow alot

Yeah, you can use macros to cast abilities on whatever unit is under your mouse cursor.

For instance, Spriests may want to cast Shadow Word: Pain on secondary targets just by hovering their mouse over them and pressing a keybind.

cast [@mouseover,harm][] Shadow Word: Pain

The '[ ]'(no space between) after the @mouseover tells the spell to act in its default manner, i.e. will cast on your current target if nothing attackable is under your cursor.

For healing, you could use:
cast [@mouseover, help][] Greater Heal

To cast Greater Heal on whatever friendly unit is under your cursor, including your raid frames, else the [] will default it back to casting on your target, if friendly, or on yourself, if not.

No end of potential uses :)
Stasis

Postby Elvenbane » 29 Dec 2012, 17:25

Yeah, mouseovers are win. It's outside the scope of these forums but they're particularly useful for taunt macros.

If you look at the macro collection in my all the healing macros are setup as mouseovers (and then some).
Elvenbane
Donor

Postby adriann222 » 31 Dec 2012, 10:32

I have updated all of my dps spells with this Macro:
Holy Fire, Smite, SW: Pain, SW: Death. It is great for both PVE and BGs as I don't have to switch hits to keep my evangilism up and I can do pretty good DPS too. Really like it.

One question though. If I use this on healing spells and I have an enemy targeted will it heal the enemy's target?
adriann222

Postby Elvenbane » 31 Dec 2012, 14:57

Oops, accidentally hit report instead of reply.

If you're using one of my macros and you change all occurances of 'harm' to 'help' then yes they will.
Elvenbane
Donor

Return to General Chat Archive