< /br>< /br>< /br>

Upper limit to our DPS?

Upper limit to our DPS?

Postby Trevar » 08 May 2013, 07:29

I was wondering under what situation we would do the maximum possible damage we could do. Ignoring power buffs from raid mechanics (like pools on Jin'rohk) or buffs from other players (like Tricks of the Trade).

I think it would be a situation where 10 or more (it doesn't matter since the damage would be split beyond 10 targets) targets are clumped together. Under those conditions, we would use Power Infusion and Mind Bender and Halo. Our rotation would simply be Halo and Mind Bender on cool down and Mind Sear spam otherwise. Since that, as far as I can imagine, would be the most amount of damage we could do on our own, it's interesting to consider as an upper limit, if there is actually an upper limit.

I'm not sure how relevant this discussion is to actual raiding, but I think it's interesting to think about a theoretical upper limit to better understand our mechanics.
Trevar

Re: Upper limit to our DPS?

Postby Blackmorgrim » 08 May 2013, 18:20

SW:I would trump MB anyday. The scaling on that spell is rediculous.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Postby Trevar » 09 May 2013, 22:16

Blackmorgrim wrote:SW:I would trump MB anyday. The scaling on that spell is rediculous.

You would always be searing and never flaying, so mind bender would be the only talent of that rank to do anything.
Trevar

Postby Weleroth » 15 May 2013, 02:07

just to note, I believe the aoe limit got changed to 20 in 5.2.
Weleroth

Postby Blackmorgrim » 15 May 2013, 10:57

Ah, rereading the OP I skipped the part where he mentioned a 10 target scenario.
My Twitter Feed: FlayerInTheMist

***Visit me over in Vitaris!***
Blackmorgrim#1728 (H2P:<H2P username> in msg box)

"People are not persuaded by what we say but rather by what they understand." - Fortune cookie
Blackmorgrim

Return to Shadow Archive