HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Poor DPS

by psyotik » 31 Aug 2011, 11:18

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... tik/simple

On the heroic Dummy's I am pulling around 15k dps.
In heroics on trash I pull between 13k single target to 16k.
On groups of 3 multi doting I usually pull around 18k.
And on mobs packs of 4 or more I pull between 19k-36k mind searing.

In 10 mans T11 with out a Lock for dark Intent I pull around 15-18k on each boss

I have forte timers, and also Facemelter - I configured this and set to use MB only with 1 orb to assist in keeping up my ES.

My opening on boss's SWP, MF to 1 orb,MB, Fiend, VP, DP, DA, MB/MF

I was running as Disc priest but decided to try out Shadow since I have not been shadow since leveling this Toon during wrath. So you will see I am still wearing a few items that are for Healing. ex: T12 healing chest, T11 Healing shoulders.
I do have the T12 2peice for shadow since I got lucky with drops in BH. I will have the T12 chest next week. I have been running T11 each week trying to pick up some more gear with no luck on drops.

What can I do to improve my DPS?
psyotik

by Chisu » 31 Aug 2011, 11:41

At first I have to say, that the actual Shadow Priest is a bit RNG with the DPS. The Shadow Orb Mechanic is a bit bad designed in my eyes.

But now go on the DPS increase.

As opener I run with VT-> SWP -> DP -> MF until Orb and so on.

And yeah Shadow Priest is a bit hard to play good as it seems. You need to have a good DoT-Uptime, but also have to look on gcd very carefully. if vt is on 2 seconds and you have one orb and es is on 3 seconds left, i would first do mb and then vt cause one mb does more dps than a vt tick does.

I think its much learning. We aren't Mages, which needs to press 2 buttons.

I would go on Trainings Dummy and train. When there are Fights, in which you do only 14k dps, its not the problem, because blizzard made a really bad mechanic with the orbs. The DPS is in a big intervall.

Go and train, its the best way, i would say.

Hopefully you understand what I'm meaning. My English is not the best.
Chisu

by psyotik » 31 Aug 2011, 13:45

I will run a parse on a dummy tonight but i am positive on the dummy i have 95%+ up time on all dots, I would like to know my up time on ES also but i assume its high since I only use MB with 1 orb at the moment to assist with keeping it up.

I have read Kilee's guide and many others. I understand what is supposed to be done.

Could my low haste be causing this? I believe I am just over 23%. Switching from Disc to Shadow has caused myself poor itemization when it comes to Haste.

Any Suggestions on my reforging? I know I am gemmed and enchanted correctly.
psyotik

by Schisme » 31 Aug 2011, 13:57

psyotik wrote:I will run a parse on a dummy tonight but i am positive on the dummy i have 95%+ up time on all dots, I would like to know my up time on ES also but i assume its high since I only use MB with 1 orb at the moment to assist with keeping it up.

I have read Kilee's guide and many others. I understand what is supposed to be done.

Could my low haste be causing this? I believe I am just over 23%. Switching from Disc to Shadow has caused myself poor itemization when it comes to Haste.

Any Suggestions on my reforging? I know I am gemmed and enchanted correctly.

Uptime on dummies usually isn't the issue when I break down people's gameplay. I often see people letting buffs and DoTs drop off because they aren't preparing correctly for an encounter. For instance: if you know you're going to have to move you need to think... "are my dots going to fall off?" if so, refresh them.

Make sure that your UI is setup in a design where you can keep an eye on boss timers, your timers, and everything else. Cram that crap right below your feet like in my videos, or in whatever what suits you best. Take a good solid 2 hours and just mess with your UI until it suits you. It may take a day or two to get used to it, but it's well worth the investment.

Good luck!

"And my DPS was..... shit because I play shadow." -Valiane
Schisme

by Chisu » 31 Aug 2011, 14:17

whoops yeah.

you have very low haste for the shadow specc. you need definetly more. without di the plateau cap is 2589.
Chisu

by psyotik » 01 Sep 2011, 07:38

Any suggestions on how to increase my Haste? I know I am not going to be able to get a Firelands group with this toon until I pull over 22k on each boss. I will be picking up the T12 shadow chest on the next reset.

I have also been looking to get the BOE crafted boots if I can find the embers for a decent price since I have the pattern and the cloth already.
psyotik

by Arlee » 01 Sep 2011, 08:37

psyotik wrote:Any suggestions on how to increase my Haste? I know I am not going to be able to get a Firelands group with this toon until I pull over 22k on each boss.

Umm... unless you are trying to get into a group doing heroic modes you don't need to be pulling that much at all. Especially if the group is still pretty early in working through Firelands. Also... you probably aren't going to see yourself pulling that much on dummies due to lack of buffs.
Arlee
Donor

Return to Everything Else Archive