< /br>< /br>< /br>

Gear / Stats check

Gear / Stats check

Postby Xeno » 10 Nov 2011, 06:18

Hey

ive been playing a priest a long time now, and read all i can find on this forum and elitist jerks. But somehow i feel a lack of dps when on boss encounters and raids.
i dont know if its the spell rotation, reforge or enchants that could use a tweak. Can u please help me.

Spell Rotation Opener:
Vampiric Touch ► Shadow Word: Pain ► Devouring Plague ► Mind Blast ► Mind Flay until Dark Evangelism.

And then i just mind flay and mind blast when 3x orbs until i have to refresh SwP,DP & VT.

And could u guys please give me some info about my gear, reforge / stats wise
Here's the link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... %B3/simple
Xeno

Re: Gear / Stats check

Postby Dahk » 10 Nov 2011, 09:51

Reading Kilee's guide will answer most of those questions.

viewtopic.php?t=340

I would definitely change your Meta gem to "Burning". The one you are using is definitely a dps loss.

Your gear is a little on the low side for H-FL. If you are in there successfully you are probably going to be lower dps than folks at the appropriate gear level.

Your reforges seem kinda all over the place. If you find the reforge recommendations hard to follow like me try this reforging addon:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite
Bill#1528
Dahk

Postby Xeno » 10 Nov 2011, 10:51

Dahk wrote:Reading Kilee's guide will answer most of those questions.

viewtopic.php?t=340

I would definitely change your Meta gem to "Burning". The one you are using is definitely a dps loss.

Your gear is a little on the low side for H-FL. If you are in there successfully you are probably going to be lower dps than folks at the appropriate gear level.

Your reforges seem kinda all over the place. If you find the reforge recommendations hard to follow like me try this reforging addon:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reforgelite

Ive change the gem and try the addon. Maybe i didnt use it right but i only got a high score when i reforge spirit & Haste. am doing almost 14k dps. But imo it could be a bit higher. :/
Xeno

Postby Dahk » 10 Nov 2011, 10:56

You should see a "Show" button on the addon screen below "Calculate". You have to play around with it to get the hang of it.
Bill#1528
Dahk

Postby Xeno » 10 Nov 2011, 11:03

Dahk wrote:You should see a "Show" button on the addon screen below "Calculate". You have to play around with it to get the hang of it.

I know how to get it to reforge and that. But when i swicth to shadow priest in it. it auto calcutate all things for me, so i got the highest. But is almost 14k dps okay with this gear? or is it posible to tweak it more?
Xeno

Postby Dahk » 10 Nov 2011, 11:33

Ran you through Simcraft

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/

With most raid buffs you should hit on average 19.5k on a fight like Baleroc, they way you look right now on the armory.

So yeah if you are doing 14k, you really need to tighten up your casting. Kilee's guide goes over that in detail.
Bill#1528
Dahk

Postby Xeno » 10 Nov 2011, 15:11

Then it must be something in the rotation, hmm but what.
Been standing all day at the training dummy's but all i can do if puss hard enough is about 13-14k dps... :/
Xeno

Postby Dahk » 10 Nov 2011, 16:28

That's probably because you aren't getting raid buffs while on the training dummy.

Invite a lock, mage, boomkin to a group and all go at it together, see how you do.

You can run Simcraft with zero buffs, will probably look closer to what you are seeing on Dummy.

If you want to critique your own performance, check your uptime on your dots and ES. They should all be 99% on a dummy, or over 90% on most raid bosses. Check how many times you cast MB divided by the number of seconds in combat. You should see MB being cast every 9 sec to be competitive.

Next time you are in a raid turn on /combatlog upload it to worldoflogs.com. You can see it all there.
Bill#1528
Dahk

Postby Xeno » 11 Nov 2011, 06:07

Okay ye ill try that m8 :)
Xeno

Postby Pankakez » 11 Nov 2011, 10:40

Xeno wrote:Hey
Spell Rotation Opener:
Vampiric Touch ► Shadow Word: Pain ► Devouring Plague ► Mind Blast ► Mind Flay until Dark Evangelism.

And then i just mind flay and mind blast when 3x orbs until i have to refresh SwP,DP & VT.

I personally run this in my opener.

VT>SW:P>DP>Sfiend>Flayx2>MB with Orb> Refresh Vt and DP>Dark Archangel and go to town!
Pankakez

Return to Everything Else Archive