< /br>< /br>< /br>

Trinket Question

Trinket Question

Postby Seriousli » 15 Mar 2011, 01:06

Was just wondering why Veiled and Newnoise prefer to still use the Figureine: Jewled serpent, over the mirror off of the twin drags dispite the fact that its listed above the figureine on the BiS list. Surely you've both had a chance to get the mirror, any particular reason for this?
Seriousli

Re: Trinket Question

Postby Rubine » 15 Mar 2011, 06:46

I would imagine they like the flexibility of having an on-use effect instead of a proc-chance. Different fights can have different results for a proc-based trinket vs one with an on-use effect. For example, if it's a fight with a lot of movement, something that's proc-based may end up being less helpful since it can proc at terrible times. Not to mention the Mirror's mastery proc requires you to pay close attention to its timing to make the best use out of it with shadow orbs/empowered shadows.

Of course, I am not either of them so I can't really say what their reasons are for certain, they will have to answer that for you! :)
Rubine#1472
Rubine
Donor

Postby Newnoise » 15 Mar 2011, 07:13

I've never gotten my hands on it to be honest.
___________Shadow Priest of <YARG> of Rexxar. #93 US
_________________www.yetanotherraidingguild.com
Newnoise

Postby Seriousli » 15 Mar 2011, 10:49

Man that is unlucky new holy crap!
Seriousli

Postby Veiled » 15 Mar 2011, 16:22

I have the Mirror.

I'm not much of a theorycrafter, not at all... I have seen better results from dummy testing along with my current trinket combination vs using the mirror. I've also tested the trinket combinations several times in raids and have noticed a difference each time (usually very consistant).

I am all for theory/simcrafting and having hard math to back up certain things, however I'm also a firm believer that sometimes what's "best" on a list isn't always what's "best" for me.
[personal twitter*] -- [site twitter] -- [facebook] -- [youtube]
*my tweets are my own and do not reflect H2P.
Veiled
Site Owner & Admin

Return to Shadow Archive